• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's say Wisconsin wins the Big 10 Championship

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like your argument for OSU to back in I see no facts.That say there should not be a play off and concrete system in determining the Best team .When the Best team won the division and by your standardss wouldnt get the spot they earned. But lets listen to Herbstreit and go the scenario village route. Seems legit

You are talking to the wall man, you have already lost the argument. Nothing more needs to be said. Looks like you can't face the facts, not sure why you are butthurt :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking to the wall man, you have already lost the argument. Nothing more needs to be said. Looks like you can't face the facts, not sure why you are butthurt :noidea:
Your lack of response has already proven our points. There are no facts to support your arguement against an expanded play offs. Or you would have provided them. As the facts supporting an expanded play offs have been provided. With additional facts that can be provided. You may as well be saying I have no reason they should not expand them. You guys are correct

Butthurt is a typical lack of knowledge response :dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't see the need for expanding bc they will find a problem with a 6-team playoff. There will always be something people don't like. Stop whining and enjoy the new system, it has only been 3 years geesh. Like 4Down said in another thread, get rid of divisions, it's that simple.
Having an opinion that differs from yours is not whining, it's stating my stance on the topic.

I could give a rip about who actually gets in outside the most deserving teams each year, and what was obvious to everyone was that selecting only 2 teams made no sense at determining that.

It just didn't work no matter how they sliced it.

So the powers that be agreed that picking only 2 teams was not working so they made a change.

So what did they do, they bumped it up to 4? :crazy:

Again, that still makes no sense. There are 125 teams in the FBS, and they only select 4 teams to find their Champion?
  • In the NBA there are 30 teams and they select 16 teams to find their Champion ~53%.
  • In the NHL there are 30 teams and they select 16 teams to find their Champion ~53%.
  • In the NFL there are 32 teams and they select 12 teams to find their Champion ~37%.
  • In the MLB there are 30 teams and they select 10 teams to find their Champion ~33%.
  • In College Baseball there are 298 teams and they select 64 teams to find their Champion ~21%
  • In CBB there are 347 teams and they select 70 teams to find their Champion ~20%
  • In CFB in the FBS there are 125 teams and they select 4 teams to find their Champion ~3%
Yep, and as long as Ohio State keeps sneaking in, no one has a problem with this format, no one at all. :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already said it doesn't need to be expanded, most with agree with me. They just expanded 3 years ago, be patient.
This is not a factual response as to why we do not need a play off expansion. Keep backpeddling it suits you. When a team may back into the play offs. That's just one more reason for expansion

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having an opinion that differs from yours is not whining, it's stating my stance on the topic.

I could give a rip about who actually gets in outside the most deserving teams each year, and what was obvious to everyone was that selecting only 2 teams made no sense at determining that.

So the powers that be agreed that picking only 2 teams was not working so they made a change.

Again, that still makes no sense. There are 125 teams in the FBS, and they only select 4 teams to find their Champion?
  • In the NBA there are 30 teams and they select 16 teams to find their Champion ~53%.
  • In the NHL there are 30 teams and they select 16 teams to find their Champion ~53%.
  • In the NFL there are 32 teams and they select 12 teams to find their Champion ~37%.
  • In the MLB there are 30 teams and they select 10 teams to find their Champion ~33%.
  • In College Baseball there are 298 teams and they select 64 teams to find their Champion ~21%
  • In CBB there are 347 teams and they select 70 teams to find their Champion ~20%
  • In CFB in the FBS there are 125 teams and they select 4 teams to find their Champion ~3%
Yep, and as long as Ohio State keeps sneaking in, no one has a problem with this format, no one at all. :L
SC would benefits from the BCS system or 4 game play off system. They fit the mold of the other teams that wouldn't want to see expansion. They have the brand name to win human polls or committee judgement calls. Hell there were people trying to make a case for them this year. But I am not going be a homer. Thats not giving us one true champion. The NCAA is not just brand names. It consists of several schools.Who all put it on the field every weekend. No team should be held to standards that lean toward special treatment. Including USC.

The goal is to crown one true champion.And get away from these popularity contests and biased polls.You hit on it with your break down of all the other sports. To say they would lose money is bullshit at best.If anything they gain money or recruiting.See march madness..... Why would anyone not want to see a team earn a championship? Why would a fan not want to see a format that not only provides us with one true champion.But also cuts down the politics and puts it all on the field. Theres no real reason not to expand and develop a clear system. This excedes just the fans. This gets into the players who put everything on the line. Every school deserves a legitimate shot to win a championship. And a regular season that means something

Gotta love the "butthurt" Whining" rebuttals. They tell so much

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, didnt the bowl games happen after the final CFP lol.
I don't see what's so funny about including the bowl games as a reference on just how legit those teams turned out to be in the end.

We are talking about including the best teams, right? :noidea:

Your stance on winning the popularity contest (What you want to call your 'Resume') rather than what actually occurs on the field of play is the big log in your eye to seeing this for what it really is.

Win on the field head to head when it counts, win your Division in the end and get the rewards afforded to you for doing so.

That's not 'LOL' funny that just makes sense, but you go on ignoring what actually occurs on the field since it suits your agenda!

A 4-team playoff is enough teams you just cant play cupcakes non-conference and if you play in a weak P5 conference you just have to do more to earn your way in
You can't play cupcakes you say?
The Falcons, The Scarlet Knights (Aka The Old Queen's), The Wildcats, or The Terrapins come to mind? :trash:

Nice resume! :thumb:

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the ones wanting it are the ones that are left but like you guys do seem to comprehend is if you move it to 6 or 8 there are still going to be people complaining! The fact is football is sport that wears down the body more than most sports and we are talking about college kids here, it isn't the same as basketball and baseball. At least in the NFL these players get paid but we are seeing more and more injuries in sports and all more games does is give these COLLEGE KIDS more of a chance to get injured and wears down their body before they even get drafted. You just can't compare the sports. Ok you play one extra game if you move it to 8 but that will only do so much until we hear more complaining. Then if you expand from there why not just let any team in that is NOT DESERVING. Conferences won't matter, CCG DEFINITELY won't matter, etc. You could essentially lose 3 games or if you are undefeated you could take off 2 weeks. The end of the season would be meaningless. I don't understand how this is so hard to comprehend. The contract is until the 2025 season so I suggest you get used to it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see what's so funny about including the bowl games as a reference on just how legit those teams turned out to be in the end.

Your stance on winning the popularity contest (What you want to call your 'Resume') rather than what actually occurs on the field of play is the big log in your eye to seeing this for what it really is.

Win on the field head to head when it counts, win your Division in the end and get the rewards afforded to you for doing so.

That's not 'LOL' funny that just makes sense, but you go on ignoring what actually occurs on the field since it suits your agenda!

The Falcons, The Scarlet Knights (Aka The Old Queen's), The Wildcats, or The Terrapins come to mind? :trash:

Says a fan whose team is in the PAC 12. :L Nice one LOL

3-1 against the PAC this year. Washington beat up on that Rutgers team. Congrats on that great OOC LOL

The PAC is 4th out of the P5 conferences. Of course you guys are the ones whining and bitching :laugh3:

Ohh btw...Ohio St has the best resume for a team in top 10 and those results occurred on the field. It's like you don't watch college football. The committee put them at #2 for a reason but you can keep denying what happened ON THE FIELD.

It's like talking to a bag of rocks.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the ones wanting it are the ones that are left but like you guys do seem to comprehend is if you move it to 6 or 8 there are still going to be people complaining! The fact is football is sport that wears down the body more than most sports and we are talking about college kids here, it isn't the same as basketball and baseball. At least in the NFL these players get paid but we are seeing more and more injuries in sports and all more games does is give these COLLEGE KIDS more of a chance to get injured and wears down their body before they even get drafted. You just can't compare the sports. Ok you play one extra game if you move it to 8 but that will only do so much until we hear more complaining. Then if you expand from there why not just let any team in that is NOT DESERVING. Conferences won't matter, CCG DEFINITELY won't matter, etc. You could essentially lose 3 games or if you are undefeated you could take off 2 weeks. The end of the season would be meaningless. I don't understand how this is so hard to comprehend. The contract is until the 2025 season so I suggest you get used to it.
Ande every college kid on every college team risks a lot every weekend. Why shouldn't they be allowed to play for a championship. In a system that doesn't benefit.The high profile teams? The system they are running now . Has shown the regular season is meaningless by your standards. But I broke this down in post 1005

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks that way now...

92% of the teams will have a CCG win, pending this week, so far in the CFP. You would see that drop off bigtime with an expansion to 6 teams, even with only 5 major conferences.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
92% of the teams will have a CCG win, pending this week, so far in the CFP. You would see that drop off bigtime with an expansion to 6 teams, even with only 5 major conferences.
Want to make an avy bet that Ohio State doesn't win their conference championship this weekend? Whats the percentage of teams that didnt win their division or conference?Since you like manipulating numbers

Or would you like to go full herbstreit and throw a tantrum.Any time someone says Penn State Head to head win? :dhd: That was funny

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to make an avy bet that Ohio State doesn't win their conference championship this weekend? Whats the percentage of teams that didnt win their division or conference?Since you like manipulating numbers

Or would you like to go full herbstreit and throw a tantrum.Any time someone says Penn State Head to head win? :dhd: That was funny

You want to make a bet that USC doesn't make the CFP :dhd:

"but but but they are the best team not named Bama" - Clark :L

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to make a bet that USC doesn't make the CFP :dhd:

"but but but they are the best team not named Bama" - Clark :L
I'll take that bet USC won't make the play offs.How long do you want to wear the avy for when USC doesn't make the play offs?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The answer is to get rid of divisions - shaneman

Because playing a round tobin format in a 14 team division. Is mathematically sound :L

May as well add a couple play off games if that's the case

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear Lord, this is too easy....

You really should think things through before you post Shane. Your arguments have as many holes as the Blackburn, Lancashire!

And the ones wanting it are the ones that are left but like you guys do seem to comprehend is if you move it to 6 or 8 there are still going to be people complaining!
Wait, didn't you already say everyone was 'happy' with the four team format? Now you say there will 'still' be people complaining.... :pound:

The fact is football is sport that wears down the body more than most sports and we are talking about college kids here, it isn't the same as basketball and baseball.
Nor the FCS I guess...

The fact is, since you've decided to finally talk facts, the FCS seems to field 24 teams every year, and that's after playing B1G teams too! :lol:

That reminds me, *I forgot to add the CFB FCS to my list of leagues that select their Champion...
  • In CFB in the FCS there are 125 teams and they select 24 teams to find their Champion ~20%.
The FCS is right there with every other league who really cares about selecting the 'best teams' to find their Champion.
Maybe the FCS who has to play the FBS big boys to get into their 24 team playoff to improve their 'resume' just don't have the 'wear' on the body I guess. :dhd:
You just can't compare the sports.
:pound:
Or D2 either, I guess....

Then if you expand from there why not just let any team in that is NOT DESERVING.
Wait, we are already doing that this year without expanding, by including tOSU! :pound:

I don't understand
Houston, I think we've found the problem. :dhd:

*Not really, I was actually saving it......

Last edited:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh dear Lord, this is too easy....

You really should think things through before you post Shane. Your arguments have as many holes as the Blackburn, Lancashire!

Wait, didn't you already say everyone was 'happy' with the four team format? Now you say there will 'still' be people complaining.... :pound:

Nor the FCS I guess...

The fact is, since you've decided to finally talk facts, the FCS seems to field 24 teams every year, and that's after playing B1G teams too! :lol:

That reminds me, I forgot to add the CFB FCS to my list of leagues that select their Champion...
  • In CFB in the FCS there are 125 teams and they select 24 teams to find their Champion ~20%.
The FCS is right there with every other league who really cares about selecting the 'best teams' to find their Champion.
Maybe the FCS who has to play the FBS big boys to get into their 24 team playoff to improve their 'resume' just don't have the 'wear' on the body I guess. :dhd:

:pound:
Or D2 either, I guess....

Wait, we are already doing that this year without expanding, by including tOSU! :pound:

Houston, I think we've found the problem. :dhd:

The answer is getting away with divisions..........Because has such an impact on scheduling.There wouldnt be scheduling issues or bias :L The only way removing divisions proves anything is by going round robin. The BIG X has 14 teams. Play each one once thats 13 games.But adding extra play off games would be bad for the kids.......Damn Trojan fan stoner math :gaah: :dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......Damn Trojan fan stoner math :gaah: :dhd:
Not any worse then the "Big 10" having "14" teams....:lol:

I guess 'counting' is not a prerequisite for B1G schools....:tsk:

They'll get to it.... :thumb:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not any worse the "Big 10" having "14" teams....:lol:

I guess counting is not a prerequisite for B1G schools....:tsk:

They'll get to it.... :thumb:
The BIG XIV was too confusing I guess :noidea: I think we have firmly established play off expansion is the best bet. I don't see a 13 game round robin being productive :dhd: