• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams adapt, change, learn, get better over 2 weeks.... look at nebraska the first 6 weeks vs the last 6 weeks.... transitive property = null

Notre Dame's had the same head coach for 9 years. Nebraska and UCF are on 1st year coaches.

Are you saying UCF is better now than they were when they demolished PITT (45-14)?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an idea instead of pretending you are a p5 that can afford to not Reschedule a game, try playing 12 games every fucking year!!

We do. We played 13 games last year. And will play 13 games this year.

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I asked why SoS matters for a team like UCF but "eye test " is acceptable when discussing P5 teams. I understand there's a difference between a 75 SOS and a 115 SOS but you really don't think it's possible for someone to watch the games and think "UCF would beat Wazzu or ND" ( 2 teams ahead of them with poor SoS)
the eye test isnt used alone.. Discarding SOS. Keep in mind the majority ofbthe process is subjuctive. But we can compare things like the records of AAC vs P5.. That isnt subjective. No one is saying UCF is trash i dont think.. Most well at least I am saying the caliber of teams they play are lower tier. So its hard to say they are just as good as XY or Z. Its not based on anything. But many teams could do what they do in the AAC.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat them all and most of them convincingly. Including an Auburn team that beat Bama last year. We had 3 ranked wins last year. There's nothing more we can do.

You beat Auburn AFTER the playoffs were decided dumbass.

And even then, you're making a big deal about beating a 4 loss team.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talk about the eye test because the SoS of those teams are comparable.

UCF's schedule is not comparable.

And no I do not think they could beat these teams on a more difficult schedule. You just ignore so much stuff that comes from playing these conference games.

Take Alabama and LSU for example. When you play a team like that every year, they built their entire team around beating you and the things you do. Same goes for other conference teams as well, they all build and game plan year round for these teams. Which is how/why you get all these different conferences with different "metas" about them.

Not to mention the beating they take. Do I think UCF could make it through Alabama's November schedule this year undefeated? Not a chance in hell.

I mean really all people do in these arguments is show how much you simply do not get it.
You're not having the same debate as me. You're debating "deserving " again . I'm asking if you think it's possible that THIS year UCF is one of the 4 best teams in the country . That's it. Using your eyes do you think it's POSSIBLE? Forget the metrics . The eye test is not about metrics

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat them all and most of them convincingly. Including an Auburn team that beat Bama last year. We had 3 ranked wins last year. There's nothing more we can do.
Most of them convincingly?????

hey last year dont count

this year UCF took a step back and struggled in its own conference and didnt bother rescheduling a p5 OOC for the 2nd year in a row.... it matters

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame's had the same head coach for 9 years. Nebraska and UCF are on 1st year coaches.

Are you saying UCF is better now than they were when they demolished PITT (45-14)?
No i am saying Pitt changed tactics/matched up differently than they did against a UCF they underestimated....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not having the same debate as me. You're debating "deserving " again . I'm asking if you think it's possible that THIS year UCF is one of the 4 best teams in the country . That's it. Using your eyes do you think it's POSSIBLE? Forget the metrics . The eye test is not about metrics

You ask why SoS matters, and then when answered you say people aren't having the same debate as you?

And I already told you multiple times - NO. They aren't even a top10 team. They struggle to win against average teams.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn, Memphis, East Carolina. Those are the road games UCF has played this year. Haven't played a top 75 team on the road.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do. We played 13 games last year. And will play 13 games this year.
you played 11 regular season games.. and 11 regular season games this year both years neglecting to reschedule a P5 opponent that was canceled

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat Auburn AFTER the playoffs were decided dumbass.

And even then, you're making a big deal about beating a 4 loss team.

What does it matter if it was after the playoffs? That literally means nothing in this conversation. The point I'm making is that all we play and beat are shit teams. But we beat them. They were a top 10 team. Noone is making the argument that UCF should've been in the playoff last year. Please stay focused.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a thread about expanding the playoff . This is a thread asking if you think it's possible UCF is one of the 4 best teams in the country even though they aren't one of the 4 most deserving
I answered both as they always go hand in hand.

I said 'maybe', but unproven. That's clear enough of an answer to the OP.

Again, this year UCF will again play less than 12 games, the game they missed was yet again a P5, the one P5 win they want to hang a hat on is an unranked team and now they are thumping their chest over beating another overrated mid major team that will drop like a led weight.

Play someone. Until then, go fuck yourself with that nonsense about belonging.

The BCS, and now this system, were designed in part to prevent another BYU '84 from EVER happening again and thank freaking God for it. We don't need another paper tiger getting an undeserved crown.

Play someone.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it matter if it was after the playoffs? That literally means nothing in this conversation. The point I'm making is that all we play and beat are shit teams. But we beat them. They were a top 10 team. Noone is making the argument that UCF should've been in the playoff last year. Please stay focused.

So you're using a win against a 4 loss team from last year as a reason for this year?

Hell, that's worse.

:L

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you played 11 regular season games.. and 11 regular season games this year

We went 13-0 last year. We will play 13 games again this year including a bowl game. 13 is greater than 12. Does anyone outside the playoff teams play more than 13 games?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're using a win against a 4 loss team from last year as a reason for this year?

Hell, that's worse.

:L

Oh my god. You are helpless. Stop talking. You're can't even stay on topic anymore.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this instance, yes, because UCF is a better team than Oklahoma State, Army, Purdue and USC. Doesn't work all the time, but does here. UCF isn't just some FCS teams that has an upset every 5-6 years.
No, it either always works or never works. It can't be used as some sort of substitute for PLAYING TEAMS WITH A FUCKING PULSE.

There are nearly never even killer teams that don't have down weeks. We see teams like Clemson having weird luls with near losses against teams they should blow out. It's all part of football. So many reasons for it, but it doesn't create a snapshot that somehow indicates that team they should have blown out is now some giant killer monster of football.

It's entirely and completely dumb to even suggest it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, remember when Iowa was the team on the shitty schedule that some people kept claiming was great when other people kept saying - your SoS is shit and you hadn't played anyone?

The difference between that Iowa team and UCF is that Iowa eventually had to play someone in a meaningful game.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCF doing what they do, given they're recruiting against UF, FSU, and Miami, is impressive. What's even more impressive is they're doing it with their 2nd head coach in as many years and only a few years after they laid a goose egg on the season, to include losing to Furman on their homecoming.

UCF has a legit shot against any P5 team at a neutral site, with the exception of this season's Bama team.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god. You are helpless. Stop talking. You're can't even stay on topic anymore.

You brought up Auburn, what the hell for then if it wasn't about last year and it isn't about this year?

You're right, I don't have a clue what alternative dimension you are in to where it matters because all the bases are covered in this one.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went 13-0 last year. We will play 13 games again this year including a bowl game. 13 is greater than 12. Does anyone outside the playoff teams play more than 13 games?
They ALL play 12 regular season games to be judged on for appearing in their CCG.

Just deal with it.

Play someone.