• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you claimed top 6, UCF isnt even top 8

Top 6 ain't top 4 last I checked. Please, all I ask is if you're gonna argue, use my actual words against me instead of making shit up.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noted: In order to be taken seriously, we need to play P5 teams that finish 2nd to last in their division instead of G5 teams challenging for a conference title.

Got it!
:L

Yep, I seem to have misplaced my hopes in you not being a dumb as you come across sometimes. My bad.

Here's a clue young one: We don't consider the conferences themselves 'connected' enough to count stats and judge them without preseeding nonsense until at LEAST 7 weeks in, and that's after they have all played at least 5 P5's to get there.

FFS man, it isn't personal, it's just common sense stuff we are dealing with.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule better teams... Jesus fucking christ, quit whining about your conference and the "well, what else can we do?" crying bullshit and hope your AD can beef up your schedule in the coming years. Do something about it.

Pretty sure UCF has tried. Didn't Texas just renege on their home and home?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would be a 2-3 loss team in a P5 conference, but would that not be "competing with everyone?" Can we take into consideration the bump in recruiting and Athletic Department monies that would come with UCF playing in a P5 conference.

It's unfair to add UCF into the P5 equation without also adding the P5 perks they'd be adding to their program.
That bump isnt immediate, and not relevant to the conversation. They are not Deserving or one of the best 8 teams right now. That is the point. They have not proven otherwise, just balked lots

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do and they fall fucking off. Do you not pay the fuck attention or no?

You scheduled Pitt, UNC, Georgia Tech and Maryland as your P5 opponents the last two years. None of those programs are a current top 25 program.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 6 ain't top 4 last I checked. Please, all I ask is if you're gonna argue, use my actual words against me instead of making shit up.
That wasnt me *word you cried i used*

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's asking to be moved up to the top 4? When have I EVER said UCF right now is a top 4 team. Go find it. I'll wait.
Wow, this is going down even more of a dumb road... :L

Hey dipshit, you can't play for a title without being top 4. Are we going to have to go all see spot run football 101 on your ass now? :tsk:

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure UCF has tried. Didn't Texas just renege on their home and home?
Try harder, BYU manages to do it as an Indy, and they are just glorified g5. BSU manages it... it can be done problem is those fucktards want home and home without putting in the work/time. Their program is literally 39 years old... and they think they deserve things...anything without putting in the time

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You scheduled Pitt, UNC, Georgia Tech and Maryland as your P5 opponents the last two years. None of those programs are a current top 25 program.

We scheduled Louisville and North Carolina when they were fighting for an ACC title. They both fell off. We scheduled Stanford when they were a top 15 team, they fell off. We have to hope the teams we schedule stay as good as they are when we scheduled them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You scheduled Pitt, UNC, Georgia Tech and Maryland as your P5 opponents the last two years. None of those programs are a EVER top programs.
fify

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bump isnt immediate, and not relevant to the conversation. They are not Deserving or one of the best 8 teams right now. That is the point. They have not proven otherwise, just balked lots
Negative. The point of this thread is/was, "can they compete with pretty much anyone". The answer is, yes. They have won a lot of consecutive games. They beat an SEC powerhouse school in a bowl game last year. Not long ago, they also knocked off a powerhouse Big 12 school in another bowl game.

What more do they have to do? And why is any UCF discussion automatically turned into this, "they aren't top 4 bro!!" bullshit by some???

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative. The point of this thread is/was, "can they compete with pretty much anyone". The answer is, yes. They have won a lot of consecutive games. They beat an SEC powerhouse school in a bowl game last year. Not long ago, they also knocked off a powerhouse Big 12 school in another bowl game.

What more do they have to do? And why is any UCF discussion automatically turned into this, "they aren't top 4 bro!!" bullshit by some???
AND i said they CANNOT COMPETE, and dont DESERVE to compete in the top 4. They are not Great, they are good but not great simple as that, they are okie lite, wvu, northwestern, purdue, wisconsin, good..... they are not great and even then they would lose to easily half those teams i just mentioned

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this is going down even more of a dumb road... :L

Hey dipshit, you can't play for a title without being top 4. Are we going to have to go all see spot run football 101 on your ass now? :tsk:

Please, if you're gonna argue with me, use my own words against me instead of making shit up. I never said they are a top 4 team. Do I think they could be deserving of a playoff spot come seasons end? Yes, but even I can admit they are not a top 4 team right now. Don't know when this turned into a "I said they should play for the title" argument but here we are.

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the midmajor issue that has been around for the longest. its funny that UCF thinks they are the only ones. Hell i remember when Boise beat OU..boise fans thought they were building a dynasty too..

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We scheduled Louisville and North Carolina when they were fighting for an ACC title. They both fell off. We scheduled Stanford when they were a top 15 team, they fell off. We have to hope the teams we schedule stay as good as they are when we scheduled them.

UNC's record is under .500 the last decade. Louisville is an 8-5 team on average the last decade. Neither are top 25 programs in the last decade. That's my point. You're fighting with fire scheduling a program like them.

You need to schedule better fucking teams is also my point as well.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the midmajor issue that has been around for the longest. its funny that UCF thinks they are the only ones. Hell i remember when Boise beat OU..boise fans thought they were building a dynasty too..

Who said UCF thinks they are the only ones? Find it. I'll wait.

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a start. And bullshit no one will play them. Boise State, TCU, they managed to beef up their out of conference schedules during their runs. Of course they whined about the same shit, but Boise State actually had a legit shot a couple years but ended up losing a game both times.
i just brought up boise lol.. These guys never learn.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC's record is under .500 the last decade. Louisville is an 8-5 team on average the last decade. Neither are top 25 programs in the last decade. That's my point. You're fighting with fire scheduling a program like them.

You need to schedule better fucking teams is also my point as well.

Yeah, we'll make sure that 8 years from now our schedule is tougher.