• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I guess we are drafting Brandon Scherff

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jr28h.jpg

LOL. Hey, I'm no conformist too. But there's a very distinct line claiming you're a non-conformist and membership in the Flat Earth Society.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please stop posting memes this not facebook schreff or la all collins should be the pick at 5 are highest need right now is oline but but you can not rule out a trade or a wr because'next year garcon and djax contract are up so i see schreff, la al collins, cooper, white, 1 of them 4 will be a redskin boooook it

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you dissenting during the 2012 season? There's various bases for dissent, some good, some bad. Not sure why you dissented, but if you did it in his rookie year, you were wrong then, as you are wrong now on Scherff.

From the moment the deal was made I said he would NOT be worth what we gave up to get him. the 2012 season was the anomaly in that he did very well in a system tailored to his skill set. Now most people are hoping he can become a decent bus driver, much less be a franchise QB he was touted to be.

As for the flat earth society... If you dont see that I am basically being told I have no right to form my own opinion on the players in this draft unless I am willing to accept the group think mentality... Then we got nothing left to say.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here your logic falls apart. We truly need an OG far more than we need someone on our d-line. And I've gone on record as saying that our top need is a RT and the next is RG. Yet, you'd take Williams (who I agree is the best player in the draft) over a player that ranks right there on top of your big board. When it comes down to a situation where these players are nearly equally ranked, you look to need as qualifying criterion. Based on what you've insisted ad nauseum, that pick should be Scherff.

Both i and Skinsdad have said numerous times. When the fifth pick comes up, if you have two players closely rated, then need has also got to be a factor in the final determination. However, if a guy is CLEARLY better and an OBVIOUSLY better football player and he falls to you, then you can actually trump need. I have never said scherff is a better football player or prospect than Williams. And I have constantly said I would take Williams over Scherff even though we do have the need at OT. ( He is an OT by the way, Stop trying to marginalize his position to justify the whole we cant pick this guy at five because his position doesnt warrant it). Now honestly just because I rank Scherff as one of the top five players in this draft, does not mean I would let need dictate we take him over THE BEST PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now i believe that RT or OG is a higher need then OLB , hence all things being equal i take the higher need unless williams drops to us

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now i believe that RT or OG is a higher need then OLB , hence all things being equal i take the higher need unless williams drops to us

Conform Skinsdad.. Conform!!

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the moment the deal was made I said he would NOT be worth what we gave up to get him. the 2012 season was the anomaly in that he did very well in a system tailored to his skill set. Now most people are hoping he can become a decent bus driver, much less be a franchise QB he was touted to be.

As for the flat earth society... If you dont see that I am basically being told I have no right to form my own opinion on the players in this draft unless I am willing to accept the group think mentality... Then we got nothing left to say.

You have the right to form your own opinion. It's just that some opinions have more merit than others. It might be my opinion that Whoopi Goldberg looks better than anyone in Destiny's Child. Would people be wrong in trying to 'conform' me to the opposite view?

Also, its one thing to offer up an opinion. Its quite another to determine whether you were right for the right reasons. I'm sure you weren't singing this tune during 2012. And, 2012 can very well occur again if both Gruden and RGIII get their head on straight. And guess who disagrees with you on RGIII? McCloughan.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And need alone or as a driving factor is a terrible way to draft. Ask Cerrato about that.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both i and Skinsdad have said numerous times. When the fifth pick comes up, if you have two players closely rated, then need has also got to be a factor in the final determination. However, if a guy is CLEARLY better and an OBVIOUSLY better football player and he falls to you, then you can actually trump need. I have never said scherff is a better football player or prospect than Williams. And I have constantly said I would take Williams over Scherff even though we do have the need at OT. ( He is an OT by the way, Stop trying to marginalize his position to justify the whole we cant pick this guy at five because his position doesnt warrant it). Now honestly just because I rank Scherff as one of the top five players in this draft, does not mean I would let need dictate we take him over THE BEST PLAYER IN THIS DRAFT.

And where do you see Scherff and the other OLBs being equally rated? And Scherff may play OT, but he'll be an average one at that. Why would you do that? Wow!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the right to form your own opinion. It's just that some opinions have more merit than others. It might be my opinion that Whoopi Goldberg looks better than anyone in Destiny's Child. Would people be wrong in trying to 'conform' me to the opposite view?

Also, its one thing to offer up an opinion. Its quite another to determine whether you were right for the right reasons. I'm sure you weren't singing this tune during 2012. And, 2012 can very well occur again if both Gruden and RGIII get their head on straight. And guess who disagrees with you on RGIII? McCloughan.

Actually its would be very wrong and rather communist for me to try and CONFORM you to my opinion. I can disagree with your opinion all I want. I can even tell you WHY i disagree. But to tell you that you are dumb, or try and continually tell you that YOUR opinion holds no merit because it doesnt fit into what the majority of people think on the subject is quite frankly bullshit.

As far as my opinions in 2012... Im sure Skinsdad and Cali who were both around the mouse in 2012 will tell you that I was of the same opinion in 2012. As far as McCloughans opinion... i doubt we will ever know his true opinion of RG3 at the moment because

1. He is under contract.
2. We dont really have a better option on the team.
and 3. considering #2 and the fact that RG3s cap hit is locked in no matter what... it makes no sense to cut or trade him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And need alone or as a driving factor is a terrible way to draft. Ask Cerrato about that.

When did Cerrato EVER make Need a primary driver?? You can say Kelly, but honestly that could have been just as much a best player on his "BIG Board" as any thing. You are attempting to rewrite history to fit into your argument. As at the time most lauded the pick as a smart one based on need and BPA at a position of need.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually its would be very wrong and rather communist for me to try and CONFORM you to my opinion. I can disagree with your opinion all I want. I can even tell you WHY i disagree. But to tell you that you are dumb, or try and continually tell you that YOUR opinion holds no merit because it doesnt fit into what the majority of people think on the subject is quite frankly bullshit.

As far as my opinions in 2012... Im sure Skinsdad and Cali who were both around the mouse in 2012 will tell you that I was of the same opinion in 2012. As far as McCloughans opinion... i doubt we will ever know his true opinion of RG3 at the moment because

1. He is under contract.
2. We dont really have a better option on the team.
and 3. considering #2 and the fact that RG3s cap hit is locked in no matter what... it makes no sense to cut or trade him.

I see, now it's tinfoil hat time. We can't take McCloughan's word for things because of rank speculation that's being thrown out there. Also, you must not be too much of a fan of Destiny's Child or a big fan of Whoopi's -- or both.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Cerrato EVER make Need a primary driver?? You can say Kelly, but honestly that could have been just as much a best player on his "BIG Board" as any thing. You are attempting to rewrite history to fit into your argument. As at the time most lauded the pick as a smart one based on need and BPA at a position of need.

Oh, no I'm not. How about Devin Thomas? I could cite other examples but I'm trying to purge those gaffes from my memory.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where do you see Scherff and the other OLBs being equally rated? And Scherff may play OT, but he'll be an average one at that. Why would you do that? Wow!

Dude.. even the great Mel Kiper has recently admitted Scherff is one of his top seven players in this draft. That would make him one of the top five NON QBs in this draft. So even if Fowler is slightly (say one to three spots higher) rated, the need factor has to come into play at some point. So where is the greater need?? OLB, or OLine??

How many fucking pass rushers can we put on the field without compromising the run defense?? And you seriously think a kid who is still learning to be a pass rusher SHOULD rate higher than a kid who is rated as the best O-lineman in the draft??

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude.. even the great Mel Kiper has recently admitted Scherff is one of his top seven players in this draft. That would make him one of the top five NON QBs in this draft. So even if Fowler is slightly (say one to three spots higher) rated, the need factor has to come into play at some point. So where is the greater need?? OLB, or OLine??

How many fucking pass rushers can we put on the field without compromising the run defense?? And you seriously think a kid who is still learning to be a pass rusher SHOULD rate higher than a kid who is rated as the best O-lineman in the draft??

Kiper is but one guy, and he's a fool too many times to count. Give me the consensus on Scherff. Otherwise, I can cite one mock where he falls to 18.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see, now it's tinfoil hat time. We can't take McCloughan's word for things because of rank speculation that's being thrown out there. Also, you must not be too much of a fan of Destiny's Child or a big fan of Whoopi's -- or both.

First off what has the GM said that makes you think he has ultimate faith in RG3?? I would love to see that.

Secondly... Again dude.. who am I to tell you that your opinion is invalid simply because it doesnt agree with my wishes?? And thats what this really comes down to. You guys discount my opinion because of your desire to draft a pass rusher.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper is but one guy, and he's a fool too many times to count. Give me the consensus on Scherff. Otherwise, I can cite one mock where he falls to 18.

And i can site one where he gets picked at #5 by us, so whats your point??

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off what has the GM said that makes you think he has ultimate faith in RG3?? I would love to see that.

Secondly... Again dude.. who am I to tell you that your opinion is invalid simply because it doesnt agree with my wishes?? And thats what this really comes down to. You guys discount my opinion because of your desire to draft a pass rusher.

Why? Because he said it in no uncertain terms. Unless you've got proof he meant something else, I'm going with what he said.

Any opinions on the two, Shark? You might be an Iowa farm boy like Scherff, but his 'opinion' is easy. :) And if you pick the latter, would you blame anyone for calling you a non-conformist? Same with this debate.

Destiny.jpg

upload_2015-4-5_18-37-26.jpeg

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. The point is consensus. We need to weed out the Soviet judges in this debate.

Concensus said Jamarcus Russell would become a franchise QB... need I say more??

And once again.. so you are telling me my opinion is invalid because it does not conform to your view of the world. You sure you arent From Moscow??