• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So glad we signed Papelbon to that huge contract

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game and he blows it. Sure, very disgusting. But he needs more innings to get his location tightened up, juices circulating, and the kinks worked out. That was only the 10th inning he's pitched this spring. lol. I gotta think he'll work it out. If the ground ball was caught and turned into a DP (but infield was playing up), we would have had a nice 3-2 win, a Paps save and on to the next game.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Topping out at 90-91 and his arm location is not good either, he's been at times almost coming from the side not over the top and he has lost considerable velocity since his time in Boston, this contract is really hurting this team, no one will even entertain a trade at this point. I keep hearing people/analysts saying he's hurt or hiding something, sorry to break it to them but he's just on the decline, only thing he is hiding is the truth about taking a few steps back. His comments about who decided to bring the infield up last night was just sad, it makes no difference if they were in or up when you walk in the winning run idiot!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why fans expect something from many of these players who are on the decline. We discussed this ad nauseum back in the winter. You can't get something from players that are spent. Papelbon is more of the same no matter how hard fans wish it were not so. Amaro has destroyed this team and the results are evident.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why fans expect something from many of these players who are on the decline. We discussed this ad nauseum back in the winter. You can't get something from players that are spent. Papelbon is more of the same no matter how hard fans wish it were not so. Amaro has destroyed this team and the results are evident.

+1
Boom

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think there are really a lot more fans like Four4Four than you'd realize from reading all the different forums and blogs that are out there. They have some older players and all the potential problems that go with that, but other than Papelbon (who is 0-1 in save opportunities) I can't see how anyone would not be happy with the performance so far. The "so many of these players" I assume you are referring to, like Howard, Utley, Ruiz and Byrd have exceeded expectations so far. The writers and bloggers have to have something to talk about, but really Jayson Stark picked the Phillies to win about 73 games or something so why the fuck is their closer an issue after one game? Obviously if he is still blowing saves all year then they need to decide whether or not to cut him so he doesn't come back next year and reach that awful vesting option, but I'd give him a little more time.