• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so after 5 games

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lets be real we would be very happy to be 3-0-2

but lets get more real here

opening night against the islanders who are looking good but still game 1 off a 6 month lockout anything can go

game 2 against the flyers was a dominate effort but lets get real the flyers look like a team in total chaos and home opener after lockout ends

game 3 was against the worst place caps which we needed overtime to win

game 4 against the habs our luck finally started to catch up with us decent effort still couldve and shouldve won the game pp let us down

game 5 against the b's a legit test. moose was solid and stole us the point but noway did we even match their intensity and they were coming off a game the night before against the canes in carolina!

pros goalies are the strength so far this season but we really shouldnt be relying on the 40 year olds.

cons the powerplay is horrible yeah they are at 16% but lets face it 1 goal went in off a flyer skate on a shot that was going wide. 2 goals were on the 5on3 those should be going in so i really wont give a ton of credit on those.

cons2 tedenby...he was suppose to help replace the void in goals by parise instead hes playing in albany

cons3 anyone outside of the top 2 lines. no one else besides them are scoring!

cons4 defense to a certain extent a lot of bad hurried up decisions i dont know if its an issue with age but seeing how they are the same unit as last year you would think they are more calm then they have shown.

cons5 kovy to an extent last night tons of ice time and only 4 shots i think? cant have that! also think management needs to find a better use for him on the pp because hes useless on it and hes the biggest threat. also his mins has to come down! if we make the playoffs he will be tired/hurt again.

pro1 goalies

pro2 clarkson is on beast mode...he also made a great commercial that i just saw for pro hockey

pro3 fans for the 2 games at the rock...seemed like they left off at the playoffs last year

i know its only 5 games in but after the next 4 games we could be below .500 very easily 2 against the isles 1 against the pens and 1 against nyr

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily I think our problems are mental rather than lack of skill. I think we absolutely need some more scoring, hopefully Henrique can provide that sooner rather than later.

Goalies have been spectacular.

We need to stop with the mental lapses, bad clears, bad line changes, missed assingments and I think we'll be good. Luckily some other teams in our division have been struggling. I see us improving as the season goes on.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been happy so far, although I feel like we shit in the bed last night. We should'a won that game.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we move some D, a prospect, a pick, whatever it may be for a winger we should be in pretty good shape.

Kovy - Zajac - Zubrus
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
Matteau - JJ - Winger we trade for
Bernier - Carter - Gionta

That is an unbelivably balanced, solid lineup.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait??? Cup are you saying our PP is bad... so it isnt so.... I cant remember the last time our PP was good.... its been that long... its sad that if we could just get that going, we would be a scary team to face all the time.... esp with our defense...

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if the PP will improve with time. I think guys are still adjusting to it, because whenever the puck goes to the point I feel like Kovy and whoever he's with aren't sure what to do next. There's a lot of miscommunication, confusion, hesitation, etc. That should diminish as time goes on.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if the PP will improve with time. I think guys are still adjusting to it, because whenever the puck goes to the point I feel like Kovy and whoever he's with aren't sure what to do next. There's a lot of miscommunication, confusion, hesitation, etc. That should diminish as time goes on.

You'd think they would practice the PP everyday/all day since it smells so bad. LOL

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont understand why that assistant shaw is it? why isnt he on the bench? barr shouldnt be on the bench since you have stevens on the defense side of it

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pros: Still off to a start which was better than expected.

Cons: Lou still hasn't replaced or attempted to replace Parise.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we wait to see where we're at with The Truth back in the lineup before we make a move.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The record is a pro. Especially without Parise for good and temporarily Henrique.
Marty has been great. Moose was good last night and if the team didn't try to sit on the lead for half the game, he should have gotten the W.
Defense has been pretty solid despite lapses.

Cons from me include:
Larsson - He should be on the ice not in a suit.
Tedenby - He gets endorsed by Elias. He sort of got endorsed by Lou few days ago who said - He is trying too hard, he is skating too fast, he is doing everything asked from him, he just needs to settle down.
He was put on the first line for what? 10 seconds? Not sure what kind of chance he is getting to prove himself.

Another con is our most consistent line cannot be Gionta's line.

Agree with Vort. The Devils power play, can't remember when we could say it was good. Chico has been saying the same thing every game for years, that they moved the puck well that last power play. Need results. Shaw was brought to NJ to fix that. Lets give him a few more games and hope we see more goals.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our PP seems to be the same spitting image of the last 3-5 years.... The only difference I see is that we arnt makeing alot of those sharp impossible angle shots that miss the net and sail out of the zone opposite side because the d man cant get over in time to stop it... but then again, that is Elias favorite shot... Instead, now we have Zids and Kovy moving it at the point and not shooting... and losing it out the zone because they cant keep it in....

Thought Larson was suppose to be a PP QB... he was back tonight and not one time on the PP.....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this team should easily be 6-0. i dont know if its a good thing or bad thing though..

good because we are in all these games we lost...or bad becuase we are losing all these games we should be winning?

the powerplay is the exact same what is this guy from san jose suppose to have changed? there is zero penetration of the box (total pun intended) but honestly you only see passes going around the box. there is no reason to be slapping it from the point to get it to the front of the net. you have an extra guy use him!

honestly you have 2 extra guys out there because you know a d man is going to be tying up the guy parked in front of the net.