• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So A Quick Question

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game may look like the WWE with tacklers pretending to swipe at ball carriers and seeing them hit the deck like they were hit by missiles.
So basically a soccer match?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Lawrence as "generational". He's a great college QB but many great college QBs aren't as good in the NFL as they face many more elite athletes. Tim Tebow is a good example, though Lawrence translates better to the NFL. Tebow could not do what he did in college against bigger, stronger, faster competition and coaching bettered prepared to use all of that talent.
I think I might agree. I was thinking about a poll Trevor Lawrence next Peyton Manning or next Ryan Leaf? I feel tight windows in the NFL will be an issue for him

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I might agree. I was thinking about a poll Trevor Lawrence next Peyton Manning or next Ryan Leaf? I feel tight windows in the NFL will be an issue for him
That's definitely one of the issues the better NFL players create. In college you get to deliver the newspaper somewhere on the driveway, in the pros it has to be centered on the door mat.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Howell and Wilson, I personally like Trask then Wilson and I love the accuracy of Howell.

If the standings stay as they are, there are five teams in front of the Pats that do not need a QB. BB isn't the type that will move up for a skill player and has never needed a QB as badly as he does now.

Just off the top of my head.....

1. Jets - Lawrence
2. Jags - Fields
3. Bengals - Don't need a QB
4. Texans - Don't need a QB
5, Falcons - Don't need a QB
6. Panthers - Trask
7. Chargers - Don't need a QB
8. Broncos -
9. Cowboys -
10. Eagles - Don't need a QB - But will take one
11. 49ers -
12. Lions - Don't need a QB

If this falls into place, the Broncos have a couple of young QBs already, but Elway will take Wilson if he's available. Cowboys have Dak, but will JJ pay him or draft a replacement? Finally, the 49ers. They have JG but Lynch might be looking for a bigger arm. If none of those three take a QB, then Wilson and Howell will be praying for the phone to ring and so will I.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Howell and Wilson, I personally like Trask then Wilson and I love the accuracy of Howell.

If the standings stay as they are, there are five teams in front of the Pats that do not need a QB. BB isn't the type that will move up for a skill player and has never needed a QB as badly as he does now.

Just off the top of my head.....

1. Jets - Lawrence
2. Jags - Fields
3. Bengals - Don't need a QB
4. Texans - Don't need a QB
5, Falcons - Don't need a QB
6. Panthers - Trask
7. Chargers - Don't need a QB
8. Broncos -
9. Cowboys -
10. Eagles - Don't need a QB - But will take one
11. 49ers -
12. Lions - Don't need a QB

If this falls into place, the Broncos have a couple of young QBs already, but Elway will take Wilson if he's available. Cowboys have Dak, but will JJ pay him or draft a replacement? Finally, the 49ers. They have JG but Lynch might be looking for a bigger arm. If none of those three take a QB, then Wilson and Howell will be praying for the phone to ring and so will I.

Patriots taking Waddle (according to this website)..... It did predict your top two as well

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Howell is just a sophomore. He’s predicting be the #1 pick in the next years draft. But yeah... I’d like him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Howell is just a sophomore. He’s predicting be the #1 pick in the next years draft. But yeah... I’d like him.
A lot of underclassmen will be declaring. NFL can't stop 19 and 20 year olds from wanting to play. NCAA is going to start paying college kids and once they start, where will it end? A sophomore QB stays in college for $500 a week and get's a career ending Knee injury as a junior, or he declares for the NFL and gets a 4 or 5 year contract worth $3M. It's a no brainer and the kid is legally an adult, there's no legal way to stop them. I don't think that there will be many sophs, but the junior class has grown much bigger over the past 10 years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of underclassmen will be declaring. NFL can't stop 19 and 20 year olds from wanting to play. NCAA is going to start paying college kids and once they start, where will it end? A sophomore QB stays in college for $500 a week and get's a career ending Knee injury as a junior, or he declares for the NFL and gets a 4 or 5 year contract worth $3M. It's a no brainer and the kid is legally an adult, there's no legal way to stop them. I don't think that there will be many sophs, but the junior class has grown much bigger over the past 10 years.
The end of innocence

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's another question......................................................

Should Belichick be using the Salary Cap as an excuse for not being able to sign players?

He's sitting on $32M right now. Might not be anyone he thinks is worth signing, but is saying that the salary cap is the biggest problem when there are loaded teams that don't seem to have any problems signing players? You know, like the Chiefs, Buccaneers or Seahawks? Historically, BB has been able to sign people and be competitive. Are the players under contract not worth the big bucks? Devin McCourty looked like a seventy year old this past Sunday and his brother looked like his legs were made of lead.

Is "In BB we trust", a thing that may no longer be something we can trust??
So this tear is cooked. Should he have pissed the $32 million against the wall? Might come in handy in 2021?????

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way it changes is if the nfl changes it Player has to be 3 years out of high school
its a players choice to stay or go not the college

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player has to be 3 years out of high school
its a players choice to stay or go not the college
Legal challenge by a good legal team will kill that. It's illegal age discrimination. Th perfect example is LeBron James. I know it's different sports by the premise is still the same. Once 18 year olds got the vote, the scribbling was on the wall.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legal challenge by a good legal team will kill that. It's illegal age discrimination. Th perfect example is LeBron James. I know it's different sports by the premise is still the same. Once 18 year olds got the vote, the scribbling was on the wall.
49 years ago they got the vote
Ever hear of maurice clarett? He tried and failed
Not saying it cant happen in this PC world but it cost maurice dearly for trying

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49 years ago they got the vote
Ever hear of maurice clarett? He tried and failed
Not saying it cant happen in this PC world but it cost maurice dearly for trying
No question at all. I just think that a college sophomore going into his junior year is a bit bigger and more mature than Clarett. I'm just saying that these little rules that discriminate are just asking for some lawyer to make a name for himself and a million dollars.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question at all. I just think that a college sophomore going into his junior year is a bit bigger and more mature than Clarett. I'm just saying that these little rules that discriminate are just asking for some lawyer to make a name for himself and a million dollars.
And right there is the problem in America.
We try to solve all our problems by suing somebody.

On a seperate note, age discrimination is leagal in the US.
Abults cannot buy beer until 21 years old.
Can't get hired by prisons after 38 years old.
Can't join the military when you are Ken's age......

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And right there is the problem in America.
We try to solve all our problems by suing somebody.

On a seperate note, age discrimination is leagal in the US.
Abults cannot buy beer until 21 years old.
Can't get hired by prisons after 38 years old.
Can't join the military when you are Ken's age......

Now I'm gonna sue!!!

I wanna join up when I am Ken's age!!

Who am I kidding, volcanic rock doesn't want to ever get as old as Ken.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We discussed this year's aago. It is not restraint since the Labor union agrees. Tons of latitude is given to unions since they represent labor.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having watched a lot of UF Football I am not impressed with Trask. He will not step up into the pocket, throws off his bag leg all the time, does not read defenses well, and has benefited from some guys with great hands

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reallity stands that whether we draft 13th or 7th, will the QB's that are available be what we want or just another wasted pick.
Put Stidham in and let him flounder or flourish......