• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So A Quick Question

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree about Cam. He seems like a dude who would make you smile and laugh. It’s obvious his teammates like him. But he isn’t the QB I think the Patriots need at the helm. I don’t know if the Texans would ever trade Watson. But I would give up multiple 1st for him. We could take on his salary. And ya never know with the Texans. Even if O’Brian is gone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he catch the ball??

Don't know but niether are our current crop.

The way Cam has been running into defenders he looks more like a stiff TE than an agile QB.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam does seem like a really good person.
By contrast, Brady was/is an asshole.

I'm remembering being set up with a girl that has a "really good personality"
I don't think asshole is correct, though I certainly won't argue he doesn't comes off that way. I think he's just really intense and it takes that for a kid who, relative to his NFL peers, would be picked last in gym class... and he turned that combination into the GOAT.... Pretty amazing accomplishment.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Stephon Diggs rip the Steelers to shreds last night I had to wonder why BB didn't make an attempt or a strongerattemot if he did, to land Diggs in NE?

On Monday night, Diggs learned his destination. The Buffalo Bills acquired the Vikings receiver and a 2020 seventh-round pick in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick (No. 22 overall), a 2020 fifth-round pick, a 2020 sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick.

Here's my question.......Could BB have offered the Vikings his First Round(Duggar) and one of the three Third Round picks and Fourth? Could he have made an even trade for Stephon Gilmore?

Diggs would have been the perfect complement to Edelman and with harry and Meyers, I think the WR corps would have been much moire formidable. As far as replacing Gilmore, the Pats had McCourty, JC and J. Jones already.

Thoughts?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching Stephon Diggs rip the Steelers to shreds last night I had to wonder why BB didn't make an attempt or a strongerattemot if he did, to land Diggs in NE?

On Monday night, Diggs learned his destination. The Buffalo Bills acquired the Vikings receiver and a 2020 seventh-round pick in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick (No. 22 overall), a 2020 fifth-round pick, a 2020 sixth-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round pick.

Here's my question.......Could BB have offered the Vikings his First Round(Duggar) and one of the three Third Round picks and Fourth? Could he have made an even trade for Stephon Gilmore?

Diggs would have been the perfect complement to Edelman and with harry and Meyers, I think the WR corps would have been much moire formidable. As far as replacing Gilmore, the Pats had McCourty, JC and J. Jones already.

Thoughts?
Replacing Gilmore will have to be dealt with at some point. The McCourty's are not getting any younger. We are already grooming replacements but it will likely take another year before the kids are ready to replace Gilmore, McCourty and Chung.

When we released Myles I thought he had made the team. Our secondary was too strong at that time. Now that he is back, he can grow into a starting position. Duggar, Joejuan Williams and Myles Bryant are going to "find themselves" at the correct time.

One of the reasons we would not get Diggs is that Buffalo would top any offer that NE could tender.
They needed him badly and certainly did not want him to go to NE.....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
well honestly diggs in NE would right now be a waste but i doubt BB would pay him more than 5/72

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo might have gone better, but NE had more mid range picks that Buffalo didn't have. They couldn't match a 1,3,4 all in 2020.
That and no one else seemed to go after him. It's too late to even consider, apparently BB didn't want him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo might have gone better, but NE had more mid range picks that Buffalo didn't have. They couldn't match a 1,3,4 all in 2020.
That and no one else seemed to go after him. It's too late to even consider, apparently BB didn't want him.
Didn't want him for a king's ransom?
Or knowing that Brady is gone he knew we'd need a QB?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting thing....as the league sits right now, 15 teams are under .500. The Patriots are in the 13th position at 6-7. They have a game this week against the Dolphins and next week at home against the Bills. They finish the season at home against the Jets.

The odds makers give the Patriots a 18% chance of winning all three games. A 23% chance of beating the Dolphins, a 20% chance of beating the Bills and a 52% chance of beating the Jets. These guys believe that the Dolphins and Bills are playing their best football in years and that the Pats will lose both games.

Then came the hysterics and what if the Jets were 0-15 when they went to Foxboro. Bill Belichick so hates the Jets would he (1) Try to beat them mercilessly and finish with a win or (2) Try to lose the game and give Trevor Lawrence to the Jaguars? These guys almost rolling on the floor and one if them said that BB would love nothing more than to ruin the Jets plans to draft the #1 college QB.

I think BB has way too much pride than to purposefully lose a game to insure that another team would lose a draft position.

Anyone in here believe that BB would throw a game, especially the jets?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an interesting thing....as the league sits right now, 15 teams are under .500. The Patriots are in the 13th position at 6-7. They have a game this week against the Dolphins and next week at home against the Bills. They finish the season at home against the Jets.

The odds makers give the Patriots a 18% chance of winning all three games. A 23% chance of beating the Dolphins, a 20% chance of beating the Bills and a 52% chance of beating the Jets. These guys believe that the Dolphins and Bills are playing their best football in years and that the Pats will lose both games.

Then came the hysterics and what if the Jets were 0-15 when they went to Foxboro. Bill Belichick so hates the Jets would he (1) Try to beat them mercilessly and finish with a win or (2) Try to lose the game and give Trevor Lawrence to the Jaguars? These guys almost rolling on the floor and one if them said that BB would love nothing more than to ruin the Jets plans to draft the #1 college QB.

I think BB has way too much pride than to purposefully lose a game to insure that another team would lose a draft position.

I was thinking about this today. BB hates the Jets enough to lose that game that would be great and smarty

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That game may look like the WWE with tacklers pretending to swipe at ball carriers and seeing them hit the deck like they were hit by missiles.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do believe BB would throw a game to screw the Jets. Not just because he hates them but also because they're division foes and he wouldn't want a generational talent going there, especially keeping in mind that the Jets will very likely have a more talented coach next season who might know how to use a great QB. Yes, i think the backups will start for the Pats that game assuming the Pats are out of the playoff conversation.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe BB would throw a game to screw the Jets. Not just because he hates them but also because they're division foes and he wouldn't want a generational talent going there, especially keeping in mind that the Jets will very likely have a more talented coach next season who might know how to use a great QB. Yes, i think the backups will start for the Pats that game assuming the Pats are out of the playoff conversation.

Even the "starters" are back-ups, no? lol

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Lawrence as "generational". He's a great college QB but many great college QBs aren't as good in the NFL as they face many more elite athletes. Tim Tebow is a good example, though Lawrence translates better to the NFL. Tebow could not do what he did in college against bigger, stronger, faster competition and coaching bettered prepared to use all of that talent.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough. And we did almost lose the first time we played so there's that.

I wish I was more confident in this game, I really do but the Dolphins are winning....