• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith gets offseason to work on mechanics

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm dealing with a pinched sciatic nerve at the moment, but I guess it would be worth a shot.

Then I could buy my own llama, and stop posting with this guy --> :llama:

Hey, even with the pinched sciatic nerve, I feel that you would outperform some of the duds from our '08 draft class.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, even with the pinched sciatic nerve, I feel that you would outperform some of the duds from our '08 draft class.

Lets see:

Kentwan Balmer. Bust for us. Bust for Seattle. Waived by the first pick Carolina Panthers before the season started. Picked up by Washington in November. Might as well be out of the league. I could have contributed what he contributed.

Chilo Rachal. Epic disgrace. Not on the team anymore. Should have gone back for his senior season, and saved us a high draft pick on an interior lineman bust. I could have blocked as well as he did, which was pretty much the "ole" move. Basically, I could have gotten out of the way of my assignment with as much skill as he showed.

Reggie Smith. Four years, seven PD's, two picks. Not on the team anymore. Injured, I feel I could have done that in 45 games.

Cody Wallace. Played in one game. Is out of the league. Don't want to harp on this one. This pick should have gotten McClueless and Nolan fired while the draft was still going on. He represented no value, wasn't a good prospect and wasn't a need. I could have shown up for practice for three years.

Josh Morgan. Only good pick. Not with the team anymore. This one I couldn't touch.

Larry Grant. Good value. But at ILB, who cares? I think this is the only guy still on our roster. And he was a 7th rounder. That we cut once. And then the Rams cut.

Ouch. Terrible draft class. Most are out of the league. Here's a llama. :llama:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy i wanted after a trade down to the early 2nd might have been a good back up in our system. trevor laws. pretty crappy draft tho.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy i wanted after a trade down to the early 2nd might have been a good back up in our system. trevor laws. pretty crappy draft tho.

We went through a decade of bad draft management. Sadly, McClueless and Nolan were big upgrades from Donahue. How bad is that? A giant step up netted drafts that led us to 32 on offense and 25 on defense.

Yikes. I'm done reminiscing.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still wanna know what bill walsh saw in donahue

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sold. I fully expect Alex to take a giant step forward this year. Working with Barry Zito's pitching sensei? That is as close to a guaranteed success as one can get.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All House did was tweak his delivery a bit to be more efficient and work on strengthening and increasing the range of motion on his arm. So the biggest thing to take from that is he'll likely have a little more juice behind his throws.

I agree with Clyde that the bigger factor is his feet and getting that sorted out and the mental aspect of it.

With Harbaugh and co.'s coaching and Smith being a hard worker I'm going to lean on him mostly getting the physical kinks all sorted out. So while Smith will never rocket the ball I do expect him to throw a stronger and more accurate deep ball and be a bit more accurate in general.

So with that said I think the biggest issue going into the season with Smith. I expect progressions to be improved this season with familiarity with the system and coaching so really it's just getting Smith to pull the trigger on difficult throws. He doesn't need to be a gunslinger but he needs to take some more chances in threading passes into tight windows instead of chickening out and going to the check down option or the safer pass especially on 3rd downs. It seems like Smith only turns it on when the game is late and he has no other choice but to gamble a bit in order to win the game (Saints game).

I still don't believe Smith is the future of this franchise but if the offense remains relatively healthy and he gets the reps in the offseason with everyone this offseason I have a good feeling he'll have a pretty good year.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sold. I fully expect Alex to take a giant step forward this year. Working with Barry Zito's pitching sensei? That is as close to a guaranteed success as one can get.

if smith can develop a barry zito curveball, all those high throws with drop right into crabtree's hands.

then....crabtree drops it

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith Had Company I'm not posting everything I've skimmed or read, just a few; it just appears I'm throwing everything at the fan. Most of this link is stuff we already knew from other links, but was better than some I saw.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a bit frustrated with my mechanics coach. A change might be in order. I missed a sale bill in the mail that expired three days ago. Two gallons of Heinz Ketchup for $12. You can't beat that. Well, that would have been the case if I had gotten the mail on time.

Stupid mechanics guru.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting a bit frustrated with my mechanics coach. A change might be in order. I missed a sale bill in the mail that expired three days ago. Two gallons of Heinz Ketchup for $12. You can't beat that. Well, that would have been the case if I had gotten the mail on time.

Stupid mechanics guru.

You put ketchup on your ham sammich?