• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith gets offseason to work on mechanics

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when u look like steve blake's twin brother, there isn't much that can be done....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this guru gets Alex Smith to stop looking ridiculous when he throws the ball.

Stop embarrassing us Alex!!

alexsmith.jpg

wait a min, it looks like he's looking through his fingers as he's throwing the ball.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he has every off-season the last 8 years?

I thought Jikkle gave the appropriate caveats, but just to respond, he hasn't had the same opportunity for the last eight years, especially considering that he's only had 7 off-seasons, one being before his rookie year. More substantively, this year the offense, Alex included, doesn't have to learn a new offense - and this offense isn't prehistoric, predictable like Singletary/Rayes. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean he'll do well and it doesn't mean that Alex hasn't also tried to improve mechanics every year he has been here. Every snap is an opportunity to get better at mechanics, even when he was learning a new offense - but learning a new offense has to take some time away from other things - this year he can work on it without learning much more. Building chemistry is easier when the receivers either are veterans, have good coaching, or was here last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Nike didn't select him. We (9ers organization) sent a representative there to unveil their "new uniform". Each team had to send one player to model in this uniform. It just so happens that we were the one who sent Smith. The organization probably didn't think that Nike would have done a commercial that same day as well. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying... this isn't a "discount double check" type of commercial / endorsement deal.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be great if harbs made smith into a perrenial pro bowler

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think it would be great if Harbs made every player on our teams into a perennial pro bowler.

I think it would be great if Harbaugh gave me his next year's salary.

Whether or not he turns guys into pro bowlers? Eh, I guess that would be okay.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think it would be great if Harbaugh gave me his next year's salary.

Whether or not he turns guys into pro bowlers? Eh, I guess that would be okay.

Maybe he could give you his salary and turn you into a pro bowler as well?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nike didn't select him. We (9ers organization) sent a representative there to unveil their "new uniform". Each team had to send one player to model in this uniform. It just so happens that we were the one who sent Smith. The organization probably didn't think that Nike would have done a commercial that same day as well. I'm not knocking anyone, I'm just saying... this isn't a "discount double check" type of commercial / endorsement deal.

and his front leg is locked on the throw

I was being sarcastic fellas! Posted it after reading an article by MM on CSN.

Nobody would call it a starring role, but hey, that's Alex Smith in a Nike commercial. That's what going 13-3 as an NFL starting quarterback will do, apparently. Before this Nike ad, you'd be hard pressed to find Alex Smith in many national advertisements.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he could give you his salary and turn you into a pro bowler as well?

I'm dealing with a pinched sciatic nerve at the moment, but I guess it would be worth a shot.

Then I could buy my own llama, and stop posting with this guy --> :llama:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm dealing with a pinched sciatic nerve at the moment, but I guess it would be worth a shot.

Then I could buy my own llama, and stop posting with this guy --> :llama:

yep, what a b!itch.

nerve pain no matter where, is worse than muscle pain. so when its at the largest nerve in your body....OOOOOWWWWWWW!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be better this year than last year. With the weapons that have been added to the offense i have a hard time believing he's going to do worse.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's going to be better this year than last year. With the weapons that have been added to the offense i have a hard time believing he's going to do worse.

i would think so too statistically, but not going to expect too much more. the harder one to judge is how much his intangibles improve?

but you never know, last season may have been an exceptional year for him (along with everyone else 49er)? so we're using last year as too high a reference point.

or he may do the same as last year?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think so too statistically, but not going to expect too much more. the harder one to judge is how much his intangibles improve?

but you never know, last season may have been an exceptional year for him (along with everyone else 49er)? so we're using last year as too high a reference point.

or he may do the same as last year?

smith showed improvement before harbaugh took over and it carried over to last season. having a full offseason with the same playbook will do nothing but help. how much it will help is what we're all waiting for.