• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack talk thread.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Like I said first one to win in this decade wins! The younger generation doesn't even remember the 49ers winning a SB. Kind of reminds of the Chiefs talking about their proud history. Bragging about ancient history is for senior citizens.

We used to have a Lions fan on the Niners' ESPN forum who would post, "1957 NFL Champion bitches!" all the time. It was pretty funny.

As long as Jim Harbaugh isn't the next Marv Levy, I like our chances. But Seattle, Baltimore & the Giants are gonna be really tough IMO.

I have zero faith in Matty - Romo - Ice. And I don't see the Pats overcoming all their problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only read one thread on the 49ers board (because it was Seahawks related) and came across absolute stupidity.

Here are some of the very insightful quotes these brilliant members of the LGBT community decided to share regarding Irvin's suspension:

Implying Adderall is a steroid.

Lol @ this idiot acting like Pete Carroll has any control over what players put in their bodies. Anyone who has ever played a competitive sport in their life would know damn well that the coach has little to do with what goes on outside the locker room.

In response to that comment:

Because Pete really has control over what substances players use, right? He's their coach, not their father.

I just think it's ironic that these 49ers fans somehow turn this into Pete Carroll's fault? Honestly such a statement is just completely asinine.

Not to mention the fact that this is Adderall, not HGH.

But hey, it's okay. It's good fun to poke fun at the NFL's slowest fanbase.

Adderall is a masking agent for steroid use, though...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adderall is a masking agent for steroid use, though...

I'm not sure about it being a masking agent, but since the NFL doesn't disclose exactly what kind of banned substance someone is being busted for, it makes for a nice allibi.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to have a Lions fan on the Niners' ESPN forum who would post, "1957 NFL Champion bitches!" all the time. It was pretty funny.

As long as Jim Harbaugh isn't the next Marv Levy, I like our chances. But Seattle, Baltimore & the Giants are gonna be really tough IMO.

I have zero faith in Matty - Romo - Ice. And I don't see the Pats overcoming all their problems.

1957 Champion bitches, now that's funny! No reason not to like the 49ers chances, the team is good and I agree with the rest of your post. Matty just doesn't have it and the Pats are in deep trouble. Most likely they win their division, but I don't see them making any noise in the playoffs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jim did it in 1. :)

JH didn't rebuild a roster from top to bottom like PC did. The defense was already good and he put a system together that finally got Alex Smith to play like a first round pick. The players were there, he just added a few more pieces to make them 10x's better. I think both coaches have done outstanding jobs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'll give credit where credit's due. Carroll has done a great jorb. In fact, he was one of the guys I wanted to coach the 49ers before he went to USC (when I had to put up with goober Steve Mariucci).
Oh wait... What thread is this again?

Whoops! Wrong thread. Screw Seattle! Carroll's a moron! Go Niners!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give credit where credit's due. Carroll has done a great jorb. In fact, he was one of the guys I wanted to coach the 49ers before he went to USC (when I had to put up with goober Steve Mariucci).
Oh wait... What thread is this again?

Whoops! Wrong thread. Screw Seattle! Carroll's a moron! Go Niners!

Me too, what's amazing about the job Carroll did at USC is that he managed to do it while making sure Reggie Bush had enough cars and cash and banging the local coeds.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Me too, what's amazing about the job Carroll did at USC is that he managed to do it while making sure Reggie Bush had enough cars and cash and banging the local coeds.

Well, I'm pretty sure that NCAA FB is even dirtier than MLB and is ran horribly, and Carroll might've been part of that. But I always thought Carroll was a pretty good coach when he was in the NFL (before he went to USC & built up his cred').

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm pretty sure that NCAA FB is even dirtier than MLB and is ran horribly, and Carroll might've been part of that. But I always thought Carroll was a pretty good coach when he was in the NFL (before he went to USC & built up his cred').

And what pray tell did he do before that might have caused you to think this way? All he did was lose and get fired. I still dont think he's a good coach and he's our coach. I'll be happy when he's gone instead of having to watch him jump up and down and look like an idiot on the sideline.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And what pray tell did he do before that might have caused you to think this way? All he did was lose and get fired.

He was the 49ers' defensive coordinator in '95 & '96, and I thought he was the best coach on the team at that point. George Seifert is one of the most overrated people in all of professional sports IMO...

And I thought he did a pretty good jorb in New England. He took over a team who didn't have a great QB (Bledsoe was not great IMO), and they were coming off a SB loss that ensured high-number draft picks (and the team was not managed very well IMO). And that '96 team was lucky to be there IMO; they weren't very talented.

I don't think many coaches would have succeeded in that environment. Even Belichick was fired in Cleveland. Shannahan was fired in Oakland. I just though Carroll was better than advertised, and I think he proved me right at USC and in Seattle.

I'm usually right about head coaches. I went off about how Jacksonville was absolutely stupid for firing Tom Coughlin. I ALWAYS thought Mariucci was horrible. I thought the Titans were idiots for firing Jeff Fisher. Jim Harbaugh was #1 on my wish list for head coaches when Singletary was fired (and I thought that was a stupid hire from day 1).

I think Jason Garrett should be fired ASAP, and I think Nick Saban was born to replace him. That's whom I'd want if I were Jerry Jones.

I was wrong about Mike McCarthy; didn't like him. I think Jim Schwartz would be a great coordinator but lacks personality as a HC. I think Rex Ryan is incompetent about everything offense & should be fired.

Carroll was never my favourite coach, but I think he's a good one.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I thought he did a pretty good jorb in New England. He took over a team who didn't have a great QB (Bledsoe was not great IMO), and they were coming off a SB loss that ensured high-number draft picks (and the team was not managed very well IMO). And that '96 team was lucky to be there IMO; they weren't very talented.

So he inherits a superbowl talented team and made them worse every year he was there, but you applaud the performance? Not sure what to say.

I don't think many coaches would have succeeded in that environment. Even Belichick was fired in Cleveland. Shannahan was fired in Oakland. I just though Carroll was better than advertised, and I think he proved me right at USC and in Seattle.

Lol, he had to cheat to succeed at USC and it appears he may be doing the same thing in Seattle with all the guys getting busted for juice. Speaking of USC, he bailed on them before the ship sank. I dont even like USC, but that was a garbage thing to do.

Carroll was never my favourite coach, but I think he's a good one.

Well, the team proved me wrong last year as I thought 8-8 or 9-7 would be as good as it gets, but i'm still waiting to see how Carroll will screw this up. I promise you there will be some type of black mark by his name when this is all said and done.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, he had to cheat to succeed at USC and it appears he may be doing the same thing in Seattle with all the guys getting busted for juice. Speaking of USC, he bailed on them before the ship sank. I dont even like USC, but that was a garbage thing to do.

Wait, so you actually believe the guys getting caught doing PED's are all doing so because Carroll put them up to it to help the team win? Do I have that right? :L

It couldn't be that his relaxed approach where he is all nice to his players and isn't big on discipline has left an environment that is more friendly to players making those choices because they might get a bigger pay check for their PED enhanced performances could it?

Now that's just making up things to support your views. You have no proof and the more likely cause is listed in the paragraph above.

I don't know what the legacy of Carroll and JS will be and there are things I've never liked about Pete, but all these idiots (including harbaugh) who want to insinuate that the team is behind these players doing what they are doing is pure speculation by people who simply want to help reinforce their belief systems. You all hated Carroll and this just makes it easier to hate him more.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so you actually believe the guys getting caught doing PED's are all doing so because Carroll put them up to it to help the team win? Do I have that right? :L

It couldn't be that his relaxed approach where he is all nice to his players and isn't big on discipline has left an environment that is more friendly to players making those choices because they might get a bigger pay check for their PED enhanced performances could it?

Now that's just making up things to support your views. You have no proof and the more likely cause is listed in the paragraph above.

I don't know what the legacy of Carroll and JS will be and there are things I've never liked about Pete, but all these idiots (including harbaugh) who want to insinuate that the team is behind these players doing what they are doing is pure speculation by people who simply want to help reinforce their belief systems. You all hated Carroll and this just makes it easier to hate him more.

No, i'm not insinuating that Carroll is putting them up to it, I just feel that he turns the other cheek when stuff like that is known to him and its not out of the question that he even opens up some avenues along the way. Anything to win.

I have no proof of any of that though, but its just how I feel. Like I said, when his tenure is over in Seattle, I cant help but to think that some type of scandal or black mark will follow him. I just cant stand the guy and he's the coach of my favorite team. Makes it tough.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering how he got the job and why the organization even wanted him in the first place with the USC scandal and his less then impressive NFL coaching results. He must of had some photos of Paul Allen in some kind of promiscuous fashion is all I can think of.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Husky fan I wasn't thrilled with him as a pick to come to the Seahawks at all. Still, he did have a great run at USC and this notion he did it by cheating is also ignoring the facts. What Bush did had no impact on the team's recruiting or wins. It just didn't. Hell Kiffin had players switching jerseys to confuse an opponent and they had under-inflated balls in one game and they couldn't win. Carroll had the best defense the Pac had seen since UW had their shut down defense in the early 90's and there is no evidence he cheated to build it.

I'm not going to argue with anyone over what his record was in the NFL prior to going to USC. I fail to see how it matters given he had turned a storied program at USC around and his players and coaches were all in with him and that is something that can't be overlooked for any pro team. Why is Kelly now at philly? Similar situation. He has no pro experience, but he built a winner and his coaches and players are all on board with him. It's a foundation.

As I said, I'm no lover of Carroll, but I'll reserve judgement on his tenure until at least his 5th or 6th season. So far the team has been turned around and is heading in the right direction. That is more than good enough from any coach. The only other coach in team history you can compare him to is Holmgren and that puts him in some exclusive company. If he pulls off a SB win he passes him up and becomes the best coach the team has ever had.

It's ok to be a hater, even of players on your own team. Not everyone likes Sherman and his big mouth for example. I just prefer people stick to their opinions and anything they present as facts are actually facts. Won't hurt my feelings if you hate on Carroll, but leave the cheating stuff out it and just say you really don't like the guy and leave it at that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So he inherits a superbowl talented team and made them worse every year he was there, but you applaud the performance? Not sure what to say.

First of all, the '96 Patriots weren't that talented. 2nd of all, the personnel management of that team was horrible during Carroll's tenure. I just looked at him purely as a coach.

3rd of all, I'm not sure how Carrolll cheated. His players & people giving 'em money cheated (which happens all over college FB; it's almost as dirty as MLB), but how was Carroll actively cheating? Sure, it was on his watch. But I wouldn't call him a Belichick (cheater).

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought this was a smack talking thread, and now everyone gets serious about cheating, PEDs, etc. Isn't the essence of smack talk mean that it's based on emotion and less facts?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And here I thought this was a smack talking thread, and now everyone gets serious about cheating, PEDs, etc. Isn't the essence of smack talk mean that it's based on emotion and less facts?

We got a little side tracked, but that's ok. It's July.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering how he got the job and why the organization even wanted him in the first place with the USC scandal and his less then impressive NFL coaching results. He must of had some photos of Paul Allen in some kind of promiscuous fashion is all I can think of.

It's about time I find you on these boards. Who in the hell are you and how did a couple of Hawk clowns associate me, SeattleOspreys with you?

You sound like a douche who can't stand Pete, who is the main architect of the most talented roster
in the history of the Hawks and we're going to hoist a Lombardi. Obviously we're not the same guy,
so do me a favor and forward you i.p. address to the moderator so we can end this ridiculous accusation.

Here are the most recent photos of these 2 Hawk clowns. Sniffer on left and kyjelly on the right.

Attachments

• clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 86
  • dude as a skinny clown.jpg
    dude as a skinny clown.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 94

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time I find you on these boards. Who in the hell are you and how did a couple of Hawk clowns associate me, SeattleOspreys with you?

You sound like a douche who can't stand Pete, who is the main architect of the most talented roster
in the history of the Hawks and we're going to hoist a Lombardi. Obviously we're not the same guy,
so do me a favor and forward you i.p. address to the moderator so we can end this ridiculous accusation.

Here are the most recent photos of these 2 Hawk clowns. Sniffer on left and kyjelly on the right.

Yeah its obvious i'm not you. I have yet to see you post anything that has any intelligence behind it. I will give you credit though, it appears that you are hated by Seahawk fans and non fans alike. Well done.

Hoisting a Lombardi trophy? Please. This team hasent accomplished anything yet and I wouldnt be the least bit surprised (even expecting it actually) that this team regresses this year.

As for the people who are saying they see nothing wrong with what Pete did at USC,,,,,i'm speechless. The program damn near got the death penalty. I'm not waisting my time on cutting and pasting the sanctions, but you are all welcome to google it. Sheesh.