• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack talk thread.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me Regent, I don't get why there is such butt-hurt on the team pages myself. If you read the SF board long you will find lots of slams and insults about the Hawks (mostly from a select few) and yet any attempt to rebut some of it and they get all this moral outrage. Again, it is just a few of them that are crazy on the insults and overly sensitive on outsiders posting on their board. There are several SF fans who post regularly on the Hawks Nest and no one ever complains as long as they aren't truly trolling.

Not only did Seattle embarrass them in their last meeting, but it appears the fans on this site pwn them as well.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is very little talk about the Seahawks on the 49er board, but keep in mind the board has 4300 threads and 183000 posts, so with that sample size there's bound to be some talk. Also, Wizard--patterson whatever on the board hardly ever posts. If you're looking for football discussion, the 49er board has some extremely knowledgeable people and there is very little chest thumping on the board, unlike the Seahawk ESPN board. Bring facts and reasons and they'll be fine with you. Posting conclusory statements about the relative strength of the positions then ending with the score of a regular season game will get you mocked and/or banned -- and justifiably so. Posting that adds nothing to any football discussion.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers OWN the fucking Raiders for eternity!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is very little talk about the Seahawks on the 49er board, but keep in mind the board has 4300 threads and 183000 posts, so with that sample size there's bound to be some talk. Also, Wizard--patterson whatever on the board hardly ever posts. If you're looking for football discussion, the 49er board has some extremely knowledgeable people and there is very little chest thumping on the board, unlike the Seahawk ESPN board. Bring facts and reasons and they'll be fine with you. Posting conclusory statements about the relative strength of the positions then ending with the score of a regular season game will get you mocked and/or banned -- and justifiably so. Posting that adds nothing to any football discussion.

I admit I don't read much from the SF board, but I've seen several threads with slams about Seattle. Maybe I was just unlucky enough to see the exception and not the rest of it, but it is there. I know not all SF posters are like that as we have a few that post on this board who are always respectful.

I'm sure not afraid to post on the SF board and I did when I felt the need to set the record straight. I have seen, however a few Seattle fans who received warnings for just posting there.

Honestly I have no problem with trash talking and find some of the rules on these team boards to be a bit over the top. You can stop trolling without going all draconian. Just seems some want to find reasons to ban posters from rival teams.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me Regent, I don't get why there is such butt-hurt on the team pages myself. If you read the SF board long you will find lots of slams and insults about the Hawks (mostly from a select few) and yet any attempt to rebut some of it and they get all this moral outrage. Again, it is just a few of them that are crazy on the insults and overly sensitive on outsiders posting on their board. There are several SF fans who post regularly on the Hawks Nest and no one ever complains as long as they aren't truly trolling.

Not only did Seattle embarrass them in their last meeting, but it appears the fans on this site pwn them as well.

Truly I don't think you can understand the bitterness between these boards unless you go to ESPN and check out both boards (49er and Seahawks) That is the only way you'll understand.

Do me a favor and check out those two boards, then tell me what you think. Even that doesn't really tell you the history.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly I don't think you can understand the bitterness between these boards unless you go to ESPN and check out both boards (49er and Seahawks) That is the only way you'll understand.

Do me a favor and check out those two boards, then tell me what you think. Even that doesn't really tell you the history.

Yeah it got really nasty, the ESPN forums moderation was on a steady decline over the past few years and this past season when both clubs were good the trolls overran the forums to a point that you couldn't even read though threads without having to skim over long flame wars.

I don't mind people having an opinion that is different from mine I am known to have many opinions that don't go along with the majority of a fan base from time to time still the discussion can be respectful even between rival fan bases.

Here it seems this is what will occur and I'm looking forward to that, if the Niners get the better of the Seahawks then in my mind it's okay to gloat some but not to the point to where our forum is overran with off topic threads and the same goes for when we beat you guys.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiner fans should be thanking me. One objective comment inserted into what was a fan circlejerk and that thread became the most interesting thing on that forum in months. Even made the Top 10 Hot threads section last night.

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiner fans should be thanking me. One objective comment inserted into what was a fan circlejerk and that thread became the most interesting thing on that forum in months. Even made the Top 10 Hot threads section last night.

I read your opinion on their site and did not think that it was inflammatory. Obviously, as a Seahawk's fan you have a bias but then again all fans do. That said, a few of there posters were pretty thin skinned about it in my opinion. It was good to see some of their more senior 49er posters take a more measured approach to those that were call for specific ESPN posters to be banned outright without having done a single thing.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it got really nasty, the ESPN forums moderation was on a steady decline over the past few years and this past season when both clubs were good the trolls overran the forums to a point that you couldn't even read though threads without having to skim over long flame wars.

I don't mind people having an opinion that is different from mine I am known to have many opinions that don't go along with the majority of a fan base from time to time still the discussion can be respectful even between rival fan bases.

Here it seems this is what will occur and I'm looking forward to that, if the Niners get the better of the Seahawks then in my mind it's okay to gloat some but not to the point to where our forum is overran with off topic threads and the same goes for when we beat you guys.

Well, if you don't mind differing opinions, why did you report me so many times?:wtf2:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the fact you can actually use team pictures!! Not bad....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn boogie has arrived! It's about time. So glad you decided to join the gang. I think you'll like this Seahawk board. Another true blue Seahawk fan..oh yeah!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn boogie has arrived! It's about time. So glad you decided to join the gang. I think you'll like this Seahawk board. Another true blue Seahawk fan..oh yeah!

Thanks man.... Looks to be a pretty cool site. Still trying to figure out how to upload a Seahawks photo...gotta represent!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man.... Looks to be a pretty cool site. Still trying to figure out how to upload a Seahawks photo...gotta represent!!!

A photo or a vid? I see you already have a Avatar so your catching on quick.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why was my Caption this post moved to the smack talk thread? It was just for fun and games. It's not the "smack talk " type of post. Now no one will play :(

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why was my Caption this post moved to the smack talk thread? It was just for fun and games. It's not the "smack talk " type of post. Now no one will play :(

Fixed.

LOVETHEHATERS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ERS ARE THREATENED BY THE HAWKS......THEIR FANS ACT AS IF THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THE DIVISION. WHAT TOOK THEM 8 YRS TO REBUILD,PETE DID IN 3