• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slow Getting Up: A Story of NFL Survival from the Bottom of the Pile

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just bought Nate Jackson's e-book on Amazon -

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Slow-Getting-Up-Survival-Bottom-ebook/dp/B00BATG1AS"]Amazon.com: Slow Getting Up: A Story of NFL Survival from the Bottom of the Pile eBook: Nate Jackson: Kindle Store[/ame]

and it is a pretty good read so far.

I'm about halfway through, and he jumps around a bit about his personal life and definitely has his view of certain things but overall is a pretty good read especially if you are a Broncos fan.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the description in the link that you posted and it sounds interesting. I always liked Nate. Seemed like one of those guys who really got the most out of his talent.

Your post also reminds me of a book by former DP writer Terry Frei called "77: Denver, The Broncos, and a Coming of Age". It deals with how Denver kind of transforming from a smaller to a larger city coincided with the Broncos going from a perennial doormat to consistently contending for their division. The Post ran several long excerpts a few years back that I found quite interesting, though I never did buy the book and read the whole thing. Here's a link to the details in case anyone is interested:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/77-Denver-The-Broncos-Coming/dp/1589794494"]77: Denver, The Broncos, and a Coming of Age: Terry Frei: 9781589794498: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the description in the link that you posted and it sounds interesting. I always liked Nate. Seemed like one of those guys who really got the most out of his talent.

Your post also reminds me of a book by former DP writer Terry Frei called "77: Denver, The Broncos, and a Coming of Age". It deals with how Denver kind of transforming from a smaller to a larger city coincided with the Broncos going from a perennial doormat to consistently contending for their division. The Post ran several long excerpts a few years back that I found quite interesting, though I never did buy the book and read the whole thing. Here's a link to the details in case anyone is interested:

77: Denver, The Broncos, and a Coming of Age: Terry Frei: 9781589794498: Amazon.com: Books

I have that one in hard copy, signed by Terry.