• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins/Eagles Post Game News

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins resilient, but mistakes haunt them - ESPN

Excerpt

But when you're a team trying to spring an upset, you make it tougher on yourself by: committing 10 penalties (for 131 yards); allowing kickoff returns for touchdowns; missing chip-shot field goals.

It's good that their kicker made 18 straight field goals. But he missed a 33-yarder that would have given Washington the lead. It's good that the defense shut down the two most potent players on Philadelphia's offense. But the Redskins couldn't pressure quarterback Nick Foles, who managed to throw for 325 yards, with 154 going to receiver Jeremy Maclin.

The Redskins could be 2-1 ... heck, they could be 3-0 ... but self-inflicted wounds prevented one win and blocked another. That's why they're 1-2. In their two losses, the special teams have had an extra point blocked, a punt blocked for a touchdown, allowed a kick return for a score and missed a field goal. That's 21 points. That's 21 too many for a team desperate to shed the horrid memories of the 2013 season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Redskins WR DeSean Jackson is the 3rd player in #NFL history to post an 80-yard touchdown catch both for and against a team.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Paulson...

(1) Kirk Cousins can run Gruden's offense w/ proficiency. Excelled in a road shootout against a superior opponent. Made some big-boy throws.

(2) #Redskins' special teams unit cost them again. A missed chip-shot field goal, inexcusable middle-return house call on kick. 10-pt swing.

(3) #Redskins' defensive front is stout against the run. They've held Foster/Gerhart/McCoy to combined sub-3 yds a pop so far this season.

(4) Bashaud Breeland acquitted himself very nicely filling in for Hall. Love his game. Physical and he can run. His role is about to expand.

5) Really liked the way veteran WR Pierre Garcon (11-138-1) played. I always do. Need more out of Brian Orakpo. Paying him a lot after tag.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Chris Russell

D.C. Hot Read: #Redskins Blow Another Tire @MonumentalNtwrk - Danny & Graham are center stage, #Skins ST's YUK! Redskins Blow Another Tire

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw only on NFL Redzone is that our offense looked good. I am excited to see what Cousins can do with this offense. I am glad that Redskins didn't trade Cousins like I wanted for the past 2 seasons.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'l post this repeatedly: I've never hoped I was wrong so much in my life when it comes to Kirk Cousins. He played great

As frustrating as that loss was I came away very very encouraged. That Philly offensive is pretty unstoppable, it's no shame to lose a close one to them on the road. Kai has been really good including 2 earlier long kicks. Don't get down on the guy for one miss. But the coverage units are driving us nuts. They change coaches and players yet they suck year after year. Enough already, Bruce's dad must be rolling over in his grave.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Tarik...

Here's who we'll be checking on today: D-Hall (achilles), Hatcher (hamstring), Orakpo (finger), Lauvao (knee), Ihenacho (foot) ...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.timesdispatch.com/redski...cle_c8caafde-46b2-5e80-9bb8-e360a13efe2d.html

Excerpt

PHILADELPHIA There may be a time when games like Sunday’s are a thing of the past.
The Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Washington Redskins 37-34, a contest that included dozens of injuries and penalties and even an all-hands-on-deck fight.
The raw, emotional football felt like a guilty pleasure in an era of defensive holding, concussion tests and an endless list of fines from the league office.
How to characterize what happened Sunday?
“It was a fight,” Eagles quarterback Nick Foles said. “Literally, there were fights during the game. It was a hard-fought game.”
“We all want to be the alpha male,” Redskins safety Ryan Clark said. “That’s what that was about.”
There was no better venue for the game than Philadelphia, where the Redskins were advised in bold letters on the whiteboard in the locker room: “LEAVE HELMET ON WHILE ENTERING AND EXITING THE FIELD.”
Nose tackle Chris Baker didn’t, and learned why.
“I think it was tartar sauce,” he said of the projectile that hit him as he was leaving. “Might have been a kind of mustard.”

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Brian McNally

#Redskins NT Chris Baker on Nick Foles hit: "I made a football play and I got punched in the face” #Eagles disagreed. Mini Brawl Mars Redskins-Eagles Game « CBS DC

I haven't seen the replay on this yet, but it seems to me that while the hit may have been legal,given no whistle and Foles moving towards the play....it's unlikely Baker didn't realize it was Foles...thus it was likely a cheap shot as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooley this morning said Baker was unlikely to get suspended for The Giants game but was definitely going to get fined.

He also seemed to think that Baker knew what he was doing and that it was not ok. Said his body language gave him away.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Eagles didn't miss DeSean Jackson on Sunday - ESPN

Excerpt

PHILADELPHIA -- He reminded the Philadelphia Eagles of what they once had, a speed demon capable of turning games around. DeSean Jackson proved a point. Then again, the Eagles left Sunday with what they wanted -- and it’s not as if their passing game appeared to be suffering.

Jackson caught five passes for 117 yards and a touchdown in Sunday’s 37-34 loss Sunday. Of course, one of those catches went for 81 yards. But that is also how Jackson’s career has gone, a guy capable of making huge plays at any time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeAngelo Hall’s injury could mean a promotion for former #UVa CB Chase Minnifield: DeAngelo Hall's injury could mean Chase Minnifield's big break with Redskins - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Washington Redskins XTRA - Richmond Times-Dispatch Coverage Of Training Camp And The Regular Season #Redskins

Excerpt

Minnifield was a standout at U.Va. who suffered a foot injury before his final collegiate game. He was projected as a mid-round draft pick, but went undrafted as a result.
Injuries kept him sidelined in Washington his first season, then he was demoted to the practice squad in Year 2. This season he arrived at training camp with full health, but was unable to beat out rookie Bashaud Breeland for playing time.
Breeland and David Amerson will likely be the team's new starting cornerbacks.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word play...:gaah:

Most people thought #Redskins special teams got stronger but maybe they actually Kotwica.