• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should we have taken Stephen Hill instead?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before people starting losing their shit let me just say that this is all just for an interesting discussion. Obviously it's only been one game and Stephen Hill had a much better chance of working his way into the starting lineup with the Jets lack of WR's.

With that being said, we know a little more than we did during and before the draft. Hill has made the most of his opportunities and is transferring his game faster than most people (including myself) thought he could. Is his week 1 performance a sign of good things to come?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay :(

Come on someone was going to make this thread at some point!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't make me call you a Jenkins hater.
oxuAt4.gif

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Jenkins hater! It would be nice if he could have beaten out Ted Ginn or Kyle Williams, though...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Jenkins hater! It would be nice if he could have beaten out Ted Ginn or Kyle Williams, though...

I was just kidding, making a sadistic joke about the Alex Hater/Lover thing.

Honestly, I don't know if we'll see much of Jenkins and it has nothing to do with his ability, its just that finally the 49ers have a pretty darn good group of WRs... easily the best since they drafted Smith... but the 49ers like to use odd personal groups. They like having Davis and Walker out there because they can block and run, as well as pass with that group. They like the duplicity their formations give, hell they love it.

So back to the WRs, ain't no shame in Crabtree, Moss, Manningham getting more playing time than him. Plus, I think Kyle gets in there because the coaching staff loves him. Did you watch the postgame lockerroom speech? Harbaugh was like AND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! when he hugged Williams, he's like their project now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just kidding, making a sadistic joke about the Alex Hater/Lover thing.

Honestly, I don't know if we'll see much of Jenkins and it has nothing to do with his ability, its just that finally the 49ers have a pretty darn good group of WRs... easily the best since they drafted Smith... but the 49ers like to use odd personal groups. They like having Davis and Walker out there because they can block and run, as well as pass with that group. They like the duplicity their formations give, hell they love it.

So back to the WRs, ain't no shame in Crabtree, Moss, Manningham getting more playing time than him. Plus, I think Kyle gets in there because the coaching staff loves him. Did you watch the postgame lockerroom speech? Harbaugh was like AND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! when he hugged Williams, he's like their project now.

Oh i know, i was just hoping for more of a discussion. I'm not saying by any means that we should have taken Hill over Jenks. He's still got some time to develop. I expect Jenkins to get more playing time as the season goes on. He's too talented.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i know, i was just hoping for more of a discussion. I'm not saying by any means that we should have taken Hill over Jenks. He's still got some time to develop. I expect Jenkins to get more playing time as the season goes on. He's too talented.

Yeah, I think without a doubt we'll see a game like what Kyle Williams did against the Cardinals last year. Quiet, Quiet, Quiet, unleashed for 5 catches 60 yards and a TD.

From what we saw in preseason, hes kind of like our trump card... maybe they'll keep him off the field until New Orleans, and then start calling the plays that include him... and hopefully he blows up and knocks off the Saints in the dome.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there's so much more to be seen from both Jenkins and Hill. I still wanted Hill as the pick(made sense) as Jenkins was a ball scratcher for me.

But hey, in Harb-balke i trust. We'll find out whether or not which is the right call.

If Jenkins is indeed a deep threat as he was "forecasted" to be, then maybe he'll offset the doubt. However, if he proves nothing more than a KW type WR then we botched it.

But then theres Hill maintaining a solid rookie campaign and beyond to really raise the bar for Jenkins.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh are Jenkins haters.

Some people on this board know what I mean about that.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there's so much more to be seen from both Jenkins and Hill. I still wanted Hill as the pick(made sense) as Jenkins was a ball scratcher for me.

But hey, in Harb-balke i trust. We'll find out whether or not which is the right call.

If Jenkins is indeed a deep threat as he was "forecasted" to be, then maybe he'll offset the doubt. However, if he proves nothing more than a KW type WR then we botched it.

But then theres Hill maintaining a solid rookie campaign and beyond to really raise the bar for Jenkins.

They have different skill sets. Personally i wanted us to trade back. I would have been happy with either of them in the early part of round 2.

Jenkins is one of those guys with speed who can get separation. He could have a similar career to an Issac Bruce or Reggie Wayne if he can master that. Probably not as good as either of those guys, but a similar type of game.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they should have. I said this on draft day and I'll say it again, it isn't as if I'm saying this simply because he had a good game week 1 I have been saying this. We could have taken a big swing in this draft and went for the homerun, instead we went for the single and played it safe.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
even if we drafted Hill, he'd still be on the bench like Jenkins. Jenkins isn't playing now because he's so bad, its because the guys ahead of him are that good. that said, i'd still expect Jenkins to start getting a few reps, we'll see when?

as far as who's the better long term player - which is really the question - we can only wait and see? IF Jenkins can run more routes (short, medium, and long), i'll say he's the better pick.