• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Nets sign Carmelo Anthony to replace suspended Wilson Chandler?

Should Nets add 'Melo?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Makes some sense, but who cares about this retread nowadays?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a real good passer, and he can also set screens out on the perimeter to get the matchup advantages for some of their other scorers.....Plus he's still good enough to give them 8-12 pts and 4 or 5 boards a night.

But who knows what they'll do...or even if he'll accept a lesser role. He should though at this point. I'm sure he doesn't want to finish his career in China, or some other oversees league.

I don't think the Nets are looking for a SF/PF kind of 4 to add... If they were looking for that, they would have signed Melo for a vet. min. already... They have a 3/4 combo already on Chadler, even if they'll miss him for 25 games and they have KD to take over by next season... What IMO they are looking for, is rather a PF/sbCF kind of 4 (like Randle, or Ilyasova, or Tristan Thompson, or Ibaka type of player... etc...) and that unfortunately for the Nets, isn't easy to get as most players are not available...

It's a sbCF/PF combo they need, cause other than taking the PF load, they need a solution in order to back up Jordan/Allen in case an injury comes up or if fouling (in which the "bigs" are more prone to get loaded with, due to the physicality involved) requires more depth...

In any case, I can't see an easy solution to the problem for the Nets in the current market situation, they therefore may have to pursue a trade with the Bucks for Ilyasova and have to part with Dinwiddie in exchange... Which of course suits the Bucks too and may even be willing to add "smth" (a pick or a young asset) in the deal next to Ilyasova...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince and LeVert need those minutes.