• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Jets and Eagles work out a trade around Sam Bradford?

Does this make sense in theory

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie Roseman said he expects Bradford to start yesterday, but I think he is lying through his teeth. He is going to hold a fire sale on Bradford and take whatever he can get in draft compensation, just to get him off the books. Look for Chase Daniel to be the starter in Philly opening day, and perhaps all season, similar to what Doug Pederson did as a player when the Eagles drafted Donovan McNabb at #2 overall.

So, do the Jets part with a 3rd or 4th rounder for Bradford? Makes a certain amount of sense for them to be sure. Ditto Denver. I think someone will do it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie Roseman said he expects Bradford to start yesterday, but I think he is lying through his teeth. He is going to hold a fire sale on Bradford and take whatever he can get in draft compensation, just to get him off the books. Look for Chase Daniel to be the starter in Philly opening day, and perhaps all season, similar to what Doug Pederson did as a player when the Eagles drafted Donovan McNabb at #2 overall.

So, do the Jets part with a 3rd or 4th rounder for Bradford? Makes a certain amount of sense for them to be sure. Ditto Denver. I think someone will do it.
Wilkerson would have to be moved for the Jets to accommodate Bradford's cap. They're under 3m of cap space as of right now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, this development is not good news for Ryan Fitzpatrick, who seemed to have the jets right where he needed them

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, this development is not good news for Ryan Fitzpatrick, who seemed to have the jets right where he needed them
How so? He was below average in YPA, INT%, and TO% in general. Just about the only thing he had going for him was his surrounding cast, QB rushing (whom he still couldn't bust an average YPA with; further showing just how flukey his 2014 year was) and volume TD stats. Fitzpatrick is fool's gold. Sam Bradford at least flashes good traits which seems to allow him to keep coming back from the grave.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both DEN and NYJ make sense and 4th is a no-brainer...and a 3rd shouldn't scare them off either.

Those 4 that voted no, Bradford sucks...help me out...really? I haven't seen enough of him to say he sucks....brittle, maybe.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you even watch Bradford last year. He played great after he got his legs. This is a guy coming off his 2nd ACL Surgery. I would have been fine keeping him as our Franchise QB and drafting Zeke.
He did? I must've missed that part.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did? I must've missed that part.
You must have. He had no OTA's and played 1 series in the preseason. He had just come off his 2nd ACL injury. The last 7 games he was as good as any QB out there.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? He was below average in YPA, INT%, and TO% in general. Just about the only thing he had going for him was his surrounding cast, QB rushing (whom he still couldn't bust an average YPA with; further showing just how flukey his 2014 year was) and volume TD stats. Fitzpatrick is fool's gold. Sam Bradford at least flashes good traits which seems to allow him to keep coming back from the grave.

I dont think i dis-agree that Bradford may be the better option, and more reason I think this is bad news for Fitzpatrick, that Bradford may now be a reasonable option for the Jets

To answer your question, I think the Jets and Fitz were in a very unique position of having each other by the balls.......The Jets are certainly built as a win now team, with very skilled, but getting old, skill position players.....And no matter what front they put on as a negotiating tactic, they are not at all comfortable with Geno Smith being their starting QB..As a matter of fact, I wouldnt be shocked to see the Jets trade for Bradford, and sign Hoyer as the backup, and cut ties with Geno.......This is where I think Fitz had the Jets in a tough spot (prior to the Bradford news)

The Jets however played their cards perfectly in assuming Fitz wouldnt find the money and starting gig he was looking for, elsewhere......

I still think Fitz is the starting QB for the Jets next season, but it will be at the cost of losing Wilkerson

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:scratch:
I don't know man, I think if they don't get a good deal for Bradford this year, I think they roll with him as the starter, (history and the know it all's on here say Bradford is a walking MASH unit) so they (Eagles) could very easily let Bradford play out this season just to prove his trade value for next offseason.

Bradford goes down this year insert Daniel, no matter what Wentz sits and learns, worst case , Eagles hit next offseason giving the Browns a first round pick in the teen's but gain something for Bradford in the middle rounds .

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Bradford Sucks when he plays, and is as unreliable a healthy option, as any QB in the league

With that said, Geno Smith is in his own class of shitty, and Fitz is only a short term fix

So where does that leave us?

If Geno is the day one starting QB, fans should stay away.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Geno is the day one starting QB, fans should stay away.

If it happens, I will end up feeling bad for that kid, cause he will soooo suck, and get sooo sucked alive in this city, mostly because everyone expects him to soooo suck

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But that's in comparing him to the league averages, not to the past 40 years of Jets QBs. Nearly everything Fitzpatrick did last year was a Jets team record.

This is how bad that franchise has had it at the position.

Yeah, for once they didn't overpay somebody, but this is one time when they probably should have.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have. He had no OTA's and played 1 series in the preseason. He had just come off his 2nd ACL injury. The last 7 games he was as good as any QB out there.
10 TD/4 INT over 10 games is decent but hardly "as good as any QB out there". He was also playing 4 pass defenses that were in the bottom 3rd of the league last year - Dallas, Washington, Miami, and NYG.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford and Fitz were similar enough in production last year, but Bradford is an injury magnet. Threw as many INTs as Fitz, but 12 fewer TDs and was sacked more in fewer games. He did complete a better percentage of his passes, but how much of that is from Chip's pseudo-spread offense?

Bradford would $7M against the cap for the Jets, as the signing bonus would remain with the Eagles. That's the kind of money they are looking to spend, but is that good enough to overlook the threat of games lost to injury? Plus, Fitz is much more of a leader on the field than Bradford.

Man, it's weird to be comparing these guys as they were both Rams. Even as a very late pick, the Rams would've been better suited to keep Fitz and never draft Bradford.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford reportedly demanding a trade:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont do eet jets dont do it

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, however if the Eagles trade for Wilkerson now they have a lot of money tied up in the Dline and just got rid of their best QB to try to win with said Dline.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, however if the Eagles trade for Wilkerson now they have a lot of money tied up in the Dline and just got rid of their best QB to try to win with said Dline.
I don't think they see a route to the SB/playoffs under Bradford/Daniel or they wouldn't have basically punted/mortgaged 2016 to get Wentz presumably. 2016 is a punt year unless the NFC East is just awful again.