• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Image result for spit out milk gif

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I saw a stat that the Eagles had a 93% chance to win the division as of Week 13.

I understand the mentality of not wanting to fire a coach with a winning record after just being in a Super Bowl the year prior but I don't think people appreciate how big of a meltdown they just had and how difficult it's going to be to get players to buy in unless you make some wholesale changes.

It'd be one thing if you ran into some bumps in the road at the end and the players were still playing hard but they were getting outplayed by teams like the Seahawks starting their backup QB along with the Giants and Cards who had nothing to really play for except pride.

For a team that was still in the race for the #1 seed and had control over it's own destiny for the division thus the #2 seed the effort and body language was just atrocious. They clinched a playoffs spot weeks ago and they still act like they just want to lose and start their vacations.

To me if you clean out both the coaching staff sides of the coaching staff and keep Sirianni you're basically saying he's just been a puppet coach for the front office all along and we just need him to do the press conferences and call timeouts during the game.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the Eagles in big cap trouble as well? I understand that the cap is going up and there are always work arounds. But this will not end well if things don't go well in the playoffs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a stat that the Eagles had a 93% chance to win the division as of Week 13.

I understand the mentality of not wanting to fire a coach with a winning record after just being in a Super Bowl the year prior but I don't think people appreciate how big of a meltdown they just had and how difficult it's going to be to get players to buy in unless you make some wholesale changes.

It'd be one thing if you ran into some bumps in the road at the end and the players were still playing hard but they were getting outplayed by teams like the Seahawks starting their backup QB along with the Giants and Cards who had nothing to really play for except pride.

For a team that was still in the race for the #1 seed and had control over it's own destiny for the division thus the #2 seed the effort and body language was just atrocious. They clinched a playoffs spot weeks ago and they still act like they just want to lose and start their vacations.

To me if you clean out both the coaching staff sides of the coaching staff and keep Sirianni you're basically saying he's just been a puppet coach for the front office all along and we just need him to do the press conferences and call timeouts during the game.
They have multiple players who already suffered through Matt Patricia.

And people in the organization clearly did not listen to them.

I expect Baker Mayfield to take full advantage of that this weekend.

I’d gut the place after it happens.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once you start having side show shit like that greasy guido bouncer being suspended for his actions on the sidelines, you knew they had a culture problem.

Tony Soprano wouldn’t let that guy drive him to the airport.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Aren't the Eagles in big cap trouble as well? I understand that the cap is going up and there are always work arounds. But this will not end well if things don't go well in the playoffs.
Teams now basically have the cap down to a science and every contract fits like a puzzle piece that they structure contracts knowing they'll restructure them so they know exactly who and when to restructure to get under the cap.

Eventually you'll have to pay that bill of constant restructuring but most teams can kick the can down the road for several years and when they determine their Super Bowl window is closed with an aging roster they can take a season to reset and eat all the penalties to start to refresh the roster for another run.

Despite the unexpected playoff run it's pretty much what the Rams are in the process of doing and if I'm not mistaken they'll pretty much be able to purge all their biggest contracts off their books in 2025. Just my speculation but looks like their plan was to spend a couple of years getting the roster younger and if it goes to plan start another serious run in 2025 and beyond.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I'm the only one right now thinking the Eagles at +1700 to win the SB is a little too high if the injury news is all good

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly I'm the only one right now thinking the Eagles at +1700 to win the SB is a little too high if the injury news is all good
There’s a pathway to make it happen. I just think they’re too arrogant to employ it. They need to play stall ball. They need to game plan to execute a 60/40 run/pass ratio and possess the ball for 7-8 minute drives leaning on the strength of the team. They need to possess the ball for 38/40 minutes time of possession. They need to close with points on 80% of drives and among those drives that net points 75% have to be 7s and not 3s. This will help them protect the defense which isn’t getting fixed this year. I just don’t know that the people around the team have the wherewithal and the ability to game plan this way and embrace what they are as a flawed team lucky to still be alive despite losing 5 of the last 6.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a pathway to make it happen. I just think they’re too arrogant to employ it. They need to play stall ball. They need to game plan to execute a 60/40 run/pass ratio and possess the ball for 7-8 minute drives leaning on the strength of the team. They need to possess the ball for 38/40 minutes time of possession. They need to close with points on 80% of drives and among those drives that net points 75% have to be 7s and not 3s. This will help them protect the defense which isn’t getting fixed this year. I just don’t know that the people around the team have the wherewithal and the ability to game plan this way and embrace what they are as a flawed team lucky to still be alive despite losing 5 of the last 6.
Sounds like they need to hire you

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of the end for philthy. The front office brings the coach in every Monday after a loss and ridicules him.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of the end for philthy. The front office brings the coach in every Monday after a loss and ridicules him.
Hardly. The organization is too well run for this to be “the end”.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming in late on this thread. But I gotta say, if someone would have told me back when the Eagles were 10-1 that they'd be dragging their knuckles toward the end of the season at 11-6, I'd have asked him to pass me that bong because he was obviously smoking some damn good shit. It's mind blowing how much they have all but collapsed. There's so much friggin talent on this team, it just defies logic how suddenly they have fallen.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming in late on this thread. But I gotta say, if someone would have told me back when the Eagles were 10-1 that they'd be dragging their knuckles toward the end of the season at 11-6, I'd have asked him to pass me that bong because he was obviously smoking some damn good shit. It's mind blowing how much they have all but collapsed. There's so much friggin talent on this team, it just defies logic how suddenly they have fallen.
Same here, and while I do think they can right the ship, I'm basking in the sun, enjoying this moment

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, and while I do think they can right the ship, I'm basking in the sun, enjoying this moment
I'm not so sure going forward.

coaching exposed
retirement in OL
unmotivated or badly coached young Dline guys and Cox retiring
running QB with questionable NFL passing skills.
no WR depth

BUT
They do have Dom.
Perhaps I'm just being a hater.

Fly Eagles Fly