• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure those guys on the pods are in on game planning meetings and film sessions and all the other stuff that goes on.

Their opinions are about as valid, to me, as the opinions shared on here. Take a look at how many of them are total fanboys and have no ability to be objective.
It depends on the pod. I usually listen to ones that actually have legit sources. It's also not hard to see, he lost both OC and DC last year. Both of them are going great jobs as HC and the Eagles are struggling.

Easy to put it together.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you didn’t. You were hopeful that they would right the ship defensively.
Dec. 17: "Eagles have reputedly slammed the panic button by making Mr. Pencil Matt Patricia defensive coordinator. I think I might not even watch the rest of this season now. All hope is lost if we’re making those kinds of moves."

Dec. 18 "The Eagles clearly aren't winning anything anymore, now that they have hit the panic button and named Matt Patricia defensive coordinator. But I hope they can win enough regular season games to win the division and maybe HFA to be a spoiler and make Dallas go on the road in the playoffs, where clearly they are not the same."

Game Thread: - WEEK 15 SUNDAY GAMES.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re a Washington fan I guess you have little else to look forward to. I’m not sure that “melting down” is what applies here. I think most Eagles fans have been forthright and honest in assessing the decline of the team.

I visited my friend in the Phllly area in October. Everyone including him was really talking a lot of shit, and they had every reason to. Now those same people 2 months later are crying it's the end of the world. Just sayin' it's entertaining.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not gonna argue with a hypothetical but Siriani was hired as an “offensive” guy. If the league is paying attention he hasn’t been great in that endeavor. I can’t step out on an NFL franchise not making a foolish decision but I will step out on saying that should Nick leave and go elsewhere he likely fails in that next post. There is no innovation or creativity in that offense. If you could dig in to their principles of what they do vs blitz you’d be shocked. The Siriani offensive attack has been exposed and figured out.
The Brotherly Shove was pretty innovative

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brotherly Shove was pretty innovative
Brady had been using it for years. The only wrinkle Eagles added was flanking the QB with two guys behind him instead of a shallow depth RB.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady had been using it for years. The only wrinkle Eagles added was flanking the QB with two guys behind him instead of a shallow depth RB.
Still, it didn't become a meme until the Eagles version, gotta give him some credit

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you’re a Washington fan I guess you have little else to look forward to. I’m not sure that “melting down” is what applies here. I think most Eagles fans have been forthright and honest in assessing the decline of the team.

Initially, I was all for firing him. Then I realized I really like what he’s done with the Eagles lately and the direction he has got them headed. Time for a long-term extension.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

200w.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have limited room for manoeuvre cap wise. If the cap goes up $18.5M the Eagles will have about $28M in cap space and the ability to restructure players for another $20M. It sound like a lot but that's everything before signing players to replace UFAs, the Draft, the PS, and space to replace injuries in 2024. There's not a lot of wiggle room and effectively there are players the Eagles can't move if a new HC doesn't want them. A change at HC would have more downside risk than upside.
Another student...

Watch Howie work.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Sirianni. The guy thinks he is way better than he actually is. Just given a juggernaut of talent and thinks it's all him.
He’s a glue guy and a vibes guy. It is what it is. If that guy is bolstered by competent work at OC and DC and that’s not a bad plan. He seems to connect with players. At the same time, he’s very coordinator dependent. He’s supposed to be an offensive guy but…meh…

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a glue guy and a vibes guy. It is what it is. If that guy is bolstered by competent work at OC and DC and that’s not a bad plan. He seems to connect with players. At the same time, he’s very coordinator dependent. He’s supposed to be an offensive guy but…meh…

You can only get away with that for so long. Eventually your good coordinators will get other offers to move up. Like both of his guys did after last year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only get away with that for so long. Eventually your good coordinators will get other offers to move up. Like both of his guys did after last year.
I think they’d be fine with just adequate work there. They don’t have to be exceptional. These guys this year were just poor. They still went 11-6 because of the talent and the organizational priorities and culture they’ve built which extends longer than the tenure of Siriani.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't great but Philthy did just get to the Super Bowl last year and could have easily won. Hire a better OC and DC and give him one more year.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they’d be fine with just adequate work there. They don’t have to be exceptional. These guys this year were just poor. They still went 11-6 because of the talent and the organizational priorities and culture they’ve built which extends longer than the tenure of Siriani.

I'll agree with that. I think we've discussed before that the only teams that have been run better than the Eagles since 2000 are the Patriots, Steelers and maybe the Ravens.

Which is why I think they can do better.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with that. I think we've discussed before that the only teams that have been run better than the Eagles since 2000 are the Patriots, Steelers and maybe the Ravens.

Which is why I think they can do better.
I think the Eagles need to ask tough questions and really put the last 6 games and the whole season under scrutiny before deciding what to do with Siriani. I think it’s certain though that they hit the reset button on coordinators. What remains to be seen is if they’re going to tweak any of their philosophy.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been consistent for weeks, but the minute Patricia got named DC I knew the season was over.
I didnt know their season was over

but

I was very happy! :dance: