• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the Eagles Fire Nick Sirianni?

Should Philly Fire Sirianni?

• Total voters

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spin again

we didn't predict a loss before the game was played. To be so fucking smart, you remain a dumb ass here.
Because this Eagles team is clearly not a Super Bowl team. That’s what it’s all about. Cowboys are still trying to defeat a narrative that they’re more than a one win team in the playoffs.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this Eagles team is clearly not a Super Bowl team. That’s what it’s all about. Cowboys are still trying to defeat a narrative that they’re more than a one win team in the playoffs.
another spin

so smart yet so dumb.

as another told you, man has to know his limitations.

hut hut

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can’t see Vrabel being a guy the Eagles would hire. Their hiring history says they value the work of the front office in building the team and that they seek a head coach who won’t want a big say in “shopping for the groceries”. Vrabel will have options and will likely seek a position where he isn’t asked to be a Yes Man like past history says the Eagles value.

If the Eagles hire a guy like Vrabel, it’s signaling a philosophical shift in their model. They’ve been to two Super Bowls in the last 6 years. I doubt they get away from a model that they likely believe fits and works for them. I’d be shocked if 1) Siriani is fired. 2) If he is fired that they would shift philosophy now after being successful with it.
The way I think of it.
I dont like the idea of one man being HC & GM.
I would want a GM & a HC being two different people. You get to see things & players from seperate perspectives.
Now with that said I think it is important GMs hear what their coaches want & desire. Best case scenario the GM & HC work together, with the understanding the GM has the final word.

Now if a Coach is being headstrong against the GM. That while not ideal, can still be dealt with. GM is making the final decisions.
If a GM becomes headstrong against a coach (whether ego, hurt feelings whatever) can be devastating for a team. Kinda important to understand the direction your coach is going to be coaching the team.

Sounds like you are kinda explaining the latter, which wouldnt be good. (well good for me, but not the eagles)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another spin

so smart yet so dumb.

as another told you, man has to know his limitations.

hut hut
It’s not spin it’s reality. The Eagles aren’t a Super Bowl team. Does it matter if they go 1-1 vs 0-1 in the playoffs? Nope. That shit is for franchises just happy to be there.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can’t see Vrabel being a guy the Eagles would hire. Their hiring history says they value the work of the front office in building the team and that they seek a head coach who won’t want a big say in “shopping for the groceries”. Vrabel will have options and will likely seek a position where he isn’t asked to be a Yes Man like past history says the Eagles value.

If the Eagles hire a guy like Vrabel, it’s signaling a philosophical shift in their model. They’ve been to two Super Bowls in the last 6 years. I doubt they get away from a model that they likely believe fits and works for them. I’d be shocked if 1) Siriani is fired. 2) If he is fired that they would shift philosophy now after being successful with it.
Sadly I agree, but Lurie has shown an ability to learn from his mistakes, like realizing Chip Kelly lacked "emotional intelligence" and that he needed coaches who could connect with the players and treat everyone in the building with respect. So hope springs eternal! Not on this season, that's clearly hopeless, but on Lurie maybe adapting.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems kinda funny how different the reaction is to a late season meltdown in Philly is to KC, tbh. I get the differences, just seems the temperature is boiling in Philly whereas in KC it’s just “WR’s are bad, acquire new ones plz.”
Another ring will do that for you! It's not like anyone is doubting Andy Reid or Pat Mahomes. It's a question of personnel for you. With the Eagles, the question is coaching. Yes, the roster had some holes, but it also has a lot of strengths. Man they did not scheme to take advantage of the strengths and cover up the weaknesses well at all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never thought eagle fans would fold like this without being out of the playoffs.

lol...like their team, speaks to the character of these guys.

now their victims?

pitch a tent over this new circus act.
When you are a loser franchise like the Jerry Jones Cowboys you are happy just to be in the playoffs pretending you matter. Real teams competing for championships have a different standard.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are a loser franchise like the Jerry Jones Cowboys you are happy just to be in the playoffs pretending you matter. Real teams competing for championships have a different standard.
you wish your eagles had the impact this "loser franchise" has always had.

Jerrystill has won more SB championships than the history of the eagles. I know...there have been less than 60 SB's. Keep dreaming...more work is needed

Time to put me back on ignore.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I agree, but Lurie has shown an ability to learn from his mistakes, like realizing Chip Kelly lacked "emotional intelligence" and that he needed coaches who could connect with the players and treat everyone in the building with respect. So hope springs eternal! Not on this season, that's clearly hopeless, but on Lurie maybe adapting.
Chip Kelly is the wrong example here. In that case, he gave the head coach more control than he had given coaches in the past, even Andy. The current yes man philosophy is actually a product of the Chip Kelly thing going sideways with a quickness.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
team board-------‐>

nobody gives a shit.
It’s a thread about the Eagles head coach. Just don’t click on it. You sure do flock to all these Eagles threads you always seem to have a problem with. Very womanish to incessantly bitch about something you always participate in.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you wish your eagles had the impact this "loser franchise" has always had.
It’s not the 90s anymore.
Jerrystill has won more SB championships than the history of the eagles. I know...there have been less than 60 SB's. Keep dreaming...more work is needed
Yep. Rings rings rings. Championship season videos on VHS. Rinse repeat. The thirty year old Cowboy fan and younger has seen nothing but futility. The Cowboys are yesteryear.
Time to put me back on ignore.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they all count
no expiration date.

ask the 72 Dolphins.

to be so smart..perhaps sports isn't your go to.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they all count
no expiration date.

ask the 72 Dolphins.

to be so smart..perhaps sports isn't your go to.
Sports is my go to. That’s why I know that when you’re talking about championships all time it’s Cowboys 5 and Eagles 4. You said they all count.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sports is my go to. That’s why I know that when you’re talking about championships all time it’s Cowboys 5 and Eagles 4. You said they all count.
I'll say it's two and two halves, as the Browns also were champions in two of those years.