• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Seattle host a Superbowl?

Should Seattle host a Superbowl?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They should get a chance to host a Super Bowl, but they certainly shouldn't host another NFC Championship game.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe that so strongly that you posted it twice huh?

SicarioCruz

Southern Buckeye
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine all the planters peanut endorsements!

198af2kcuq5fwgif.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You believe that so strongly that you posted it twice huh?

Didn't notice that. I've been having trouble loading SportsHoopla lately for some reason; I'm constantly having to click refresh & it must've submitted twice.

But yeah, I feel pretty strongly that Seattle shouldn't host any more NFC Title games. I just think it's bad for the sport. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't notice that. I've been having trouble loading SportsHoopla lately for some reason; I'm constantly having to click refresh & it must've submitted twice.

But yeah, I feel pretty strongly that Seattle shouldn't host any more NFC Title games. I just think it's bad for the sport. :)

Better tell your Niners then to kick it in high gear so something like that doesn't happen again.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd have it on a 3 location rotation (Rose Bowl, NOLA, Miami), but since that's not the case any place should be a viable option. Detroit, Jacksonville and Indy don't seem like great tourist destinations and they hosted so why not Seattle?

IMO...it's a still a football game...I don't mind seeing it going to various sites...but So. FL, AZ, NOLA, So. CAL are more or less the main hosts.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle people have to remember that they are a city of just over 600,000 people and already have issues hosting that many people in the city on a regular basis. We are talking about adding another 100,000-200,000 people to the city. We are talking about it shutting down for the entire week. At least the downtown area. Like I said lived in Seattle and of all the places I have lived the only place worse for traffic was/is LA. Seattle just can't handle that many extra people being added to the city for an entire week. If they just came for the Super Bowl game and that was it I could see it being fine but beyond that we are talking some major issues for the city that they would have to figure out beforehand.

As much as I would love a SB here, the exisiting freeways and roads couldn't handle the amount of extra people. Could you imagine the extra traffic anywhere near the viaduct? I know this is being torn down but seeing as Bertha isn't moving who knows when that will be done. Oh, and the brilliant design of I-5 going to two lanes coming through the city... it's a disaster now, I can't imagine adding 200,000 more people.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO...it's a still a football game...I don't mind seeing it going to various sites...but So. FL, AZ, NOLA, So. CAL are more or less the main hosts.

My thoughts too, it's a football game. I'd like to see it come back to being more about the game and less about all the fluff that accompanies it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would love a SB here, the exisiting freeways and roads couldn't handle the amount of extra people. Could you imagine the extra traffic anywhere near the viaduct? I know this is being torn down but seeing as Bertha isn't moving who knows when that will be done. Oh, and the brilliant design of I-5 going to two lanes coming through the city... it's a disaster now, I can't imagine adding 200,000 more people.

I think the city of Seattle would actually be a great place for a Super Bowl. There is more to do than some on here have been saying. Plus I think the city would do a great job of adding as much as they could to make it the best experience possible. Heck I think the Seattle owners would pony up quite a bit of money to make sure it was a Super Bowl to remember to really make sure Seattle gets put on the map as one of the best places for a Super Bowl.

Like you said though I-5 at this point would really struggle to handle the added people for the week. I saw pictures and read stories from friends still in Seattle about the parade after the Super Bowl and downtown pretty much was just shut down. If you were planning on working that day good luck. Well I think the same would be true for a full week if the Super Bowl was in Seattle. I don't think the fans would enjoy it quite as much if it was people coming to watch other teams than their own play at the stadium.

Heck because of the population growth in Seattle I remember there was a big movement that some of the radio stations were advertising to do everything possible to keep people from wanting to move to Seattle or to vacation in Seattle. I would definitely be interested to see how the City would handle a Super Bowl though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the city of Seattle would actually be a great place for a Super Bowl. There is more to do than some on here have been saying. Plus I think the city would do a great job of adding as much as they could to make it the best experience possible. Heck I think the Seattle owners would pony up quite a bit of money to make sure it was a Super Bowl to remember to really make sure Seattle gets put on the map as one of the best places for a Super Bowl.

Like you said though I-5 at this point would really struggle to handle the added people for the week. I saw pictures and read stories from friends still in Seattle about the parade after the Super Bowl and downtown pretty much was just shut down. If you were planning on working that day good luck. Well I think the same would be true for a full week if the Super Bowl was in Seattle. I don't think the fans would enjoy it quite as much if it was people coming to watch other teams than their own play at the stadium.

Heck because of the population growth in Seattle I remember there was a big movement that some of the radio stations were advertising to do everything possible to keep people from wanting to move to Seattle or to vacation in Seattle. I would definitely be interested to see how the City would handle a Super Bowl though.

Nice post and I agree that the city and Seahawk owner would try to make the event as good as possible. A lot could be done between now and what ever Superbowl date to host the Superbowl here. Might just be what is needed to pass some much needed changes to accommodate the increase traffic load that has been going on for a while.
Have my doubts it will ever happen, but would be awesome if it did.

HighMark

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Seattle have enough hookers?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta add more seats first. NFL has a minimum seat requirement for the SBOWL and I believe Seattle doesn't meet it.

Last edited by a moderator:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things, outside of last year the weather isn't really that bad in February as it in January or March.

And if they ever get the basketball arena build, one major part of that is the Seahawks, Mariners and the NBA/NHL teams are suppose to put money infrastructure to make sure traffic is 10 times better around the sodo region.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let's go party in the frigid, wet Northwest at the end of January"...said nobody, ever.

Pass.

As opposed to the ideal times of year to hit Detroit.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should just host seafood conventions

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things, outside of last year the weather isn't really that bad in February as it in January or March.

And if they ever get the basketball arena build, one major part of that is the Seahawks, Mariners and the NBA/NHL teams are suppose to put money infrastructure to make sure traffic is 10 times better around the sodo region.

Actually average weather in Seattle has December, January, and February almost identical while March is where the major uptick at least in Temperature begins.

As for the actual weather it is tolerable. I figure if they can have a Super Bowl in Minnesota in February they can have one just about anywhere in the country. Just have to move most everything in doors is what it boils down to.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely they should have one. I'd love to see it. The venue for a monumental game like this needs to have a different flavor from year to year. So what if it's a little rainy on the day it happens? It's a little rainy in about 1/3 of the regular season games anyway. Let's keep it real.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would this be some traffic nightmare?

The stadium is located on the south part of downtown Seattle. Most of the major hotels (Hilton, Sheraton, etc..) are within walking distance / -5 min cab ride of the stadium where most of the visitors for the game would be staying.

newaerial.jpg

The city looks beautiful!