• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Seattle host a Superbowl?

Should Seattle host a Superbowl?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a great idea, that way all the Duck fans can drive to see Chip win a Super Bowl in there own backyard!

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh NO!!! RAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a great idea, that way all the Duck fans can drive to see Chip win a Super Bowl in there own backyard!

Why what team is Chip going to be coaching when he gets a team to the SB?

I say hell yeah. football is meant to be an outside game. I dont care if its a mudbowl. When I went to my second SB in 91 I had more fun doing crap in Minnesota , freezing my ass off than the actual game, Hogs thumping the Bills. This is real football and not arena

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I've spent plenty of time in Vancouver in winter. right around freezing, dropping below at night, wet and miserable. Why would anyone choose to subject themselves to that on purpose for a party when they could be in SoCal, or Florida, or Texas, New Orleans, or the Carolinas, or...

Compare the averages between the two cities. Vancouver and Seattle are different climates. Just because they are geographically near eachother doesnt mean shit, Seattle is about 10-15 degrees warmer than Van on average.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Hosts the Superbowl but only Seattle residents can purchase tickets....

lol I had to...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare the averages between the two cities. Vancouver and Seattle are different climates. Just because they are geographically near eachother doesnt mean shit, Seattle is about 10-15 degrees warmer than Van on average.

bullshit. Weather.com has average temperatures in the two cities year-round as virtually identical, and you don't get 15-degree swings between cities just 120 miles apart. January average right around freezing, and lots of precipitation. I'd go to Montreal first where at least it's cold enough that your feet aren't always wet.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the SB should visit every teams home stadium, so once every 31 years the Seahawks would have a SB, 32 if you play at the Meadowlands twice. If the City is good enough to be the home of a NFL team then the City should hold the Super Bowl. I hate the fact that they typically keep the Game in a warm climate city.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why what team is Chip going to be coaching when he gets a team to the SB?

I say hell yeah. football is meant to be an outside game. I dont care if its a mudbowl. When I went to my second SB in 91 I had more fun doing crap in Minnesota , freezing my ass off than the actual game, Hogs thumping the Bills. This is real football and not arena

You filthy Bastard.............The Patriots!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Sometimes I believe there both actually one person....It's a real conspiracy!

Good point both or same seem to uppity to kick down some MD 20/20's or even Zima for that matter. Best smoothie is with Boonesfarm and Ripple.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it's going to happen, although I am shaking my head as to how Minnesota got a SB (I think the indoor stadium helped). But honestly, what is there to do in Seattle's Downtown besides go to Seahawks games? The incredible homegame atmosphere the Seahawks have doesn't mean a thing when 99.9% of the crowd will be from out of town. Also, how many hotel rooms, not just the quality of the hotel, does Seattle have within a 15 minute or less commute from the stadium?

All of these things have been given as to why Charlotte is not a serious contender for a SB. Iffy weather at best in January. We can get nights with very mild temps, 40's to 50's but also go well below the 20's at that time. Not enough hotel space in the uptown area. Even though there is more than enough within a 45 minute drive. Jacksonville had to bring in cruise ships to accommodate all the people from out of town. And Charlotte hosts 3 major sporting events every year (OK the are all NASCAR Races) that draw in well over 100,000 people each time. Basically, both Charlotte and Seattle are smaller market teams and the NFL usually prefers putting the big game in large markets or at least cities with major party reputations. Then again, Minnesota did it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived in Seattle for a couple of years and I think it would be a good city to host as there is quite a bit to do especially for the younger generation that they might be trying to attract. I do question the transportation side of it as I don't see it being as much of a problem in the idea of people getting to the stadium. I see it being a problem in the week before the Super Bowl and all of the festivities pretty much shutting down the downtown area. My wife used to work down there and I would drive her to work most days and one accident pretty much made traffic come to a stand still (which meant pretty much every day traffic was at a stand still as some Seattle people are just down right horrible drivers). So then imagine adding an extra say 100,000 or more people to that area and seriously the city will come to a complete stand still. Pretty much as a local the only way to get around would be on bike (they do have a very impressive bike transportation set up). Although biking in January/February is not usually ideal.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, how many hotel rooms, not just the quality of the hotel, does Seattle have within a 15 minute or less commute from the stadium?

That doesn't matter, I went to the superbowl in NYC and there weren't ANY hotels w/in 15 minutes of the stadium. Hell, the train ride to get there took 40min. The train ride to get out took over 5 hours.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it's going to happen, although I am shaking my head as to how Minnesota got a SB (I think the indoor stadium helped). But honestly, what is there to do in Seattle's Downtown besides go to Seahawks games? The incredible homegame atmosphere the Seahawks have doesn't mean a thing when 99.9% of the crowd will be from out of town. Also, how many hotel rooms, not just the quality of the hotel, does Seattle have within a 15 minute or less commute from the stadium?

All of these things have been given as to why Charlotte is not a serious contender for a SB. Iffy weather at best in January. We can get nights with very mild temps, 40's to 50's but also go well below the 20's at that time. Not enough hotel space in the uptown area. Even though there is more than enough within a 45 minute drive. Jacksonville had to bring in cruise ships to accommodate all the people from out of town. And Charlotte hosts 3 major sporting events every year (OK the are all NASCAR Races) that draw in well over 100,000 people each time. Basically, both Charlotte and Seattle are smaller market teams and the NFL usually prefers putting the big game in large markets or at least cities with major party reputations. Then again, Minnesota did it.

I think Minnesota getting the game has more to do with the new stadium than anything else. Plus I think Goodell thinks the more stadiums they get involved in the Super Bowl the more fans he is going to bring in. Problem is the average fan can't afford the Super Bowl anyway. The average fan even if the game is in their home town are going to watch it at home as I personally would rather buy a new Big Screen TV for the same price as what I would have paid for tickets. At least then I can enjoy something beyond just the week of the Super Bowl. I know memories can be worth it but so is a big freaking tv!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lived in Seattle for a couple of years and I think it would be a good city to host as there is quite a bit to do especially for the younger generation that they might be trying to attract. I do question the transportation side of it as I don't see it being as much of a problem in the idea of people getting to the stadium. I see it being a problem in the week before the Super Bowl and all of the festivities pretty much shutting down the downtown area. My wife used to work down there and I would drive her to work most days and one accident pretty much made traffic come to a stand still (which meant pretty much every day traffic was at a stand still as some Seattle people are just down right horrible drivers). So then imagine adding an extra say 100,000 or more people to that area and seriously the city will come to a complete stand still. Pretty much as a local the only way to get around would be on bike (they do have a very impressive bike transportation set up). Although biking in January/February is not usually ideal.

Oh no there working on that! See there digging tunnels underground, got a big machine named "Bertha" it's underground as I type, of course they broke it 1000 ft into the project and its expected to be up and running by next year, so a Super Bowl in 2030 so be perfect for Seattle to host, the road work will be completed by then...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant compare a SB site to a football site... biggest variable/influence is that the SB is heavily enriched with the Corporate side of life.... That is taken into great consideration IMO.

Not saying Seattle isn't worthy but the corporate side effect has its play...

besides, no one laughed at my earlier post?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. It's geographically undersirable so far as distance for travelling for plenty of teams.

The weather is not good. AZ and FL are paradises during January...Seattle you can't compare weather-wise with a straight face. While I agree with the camp that says football should be played in all conditions (including SB), you have to keep in mind people travelling for this big of game are doing things besides the game for 3-4 days usually.

The nightlife in Seattle is awful. I've been there many times. The SB is a "party" for many and I can't think of a worse NFL party town (maybe Detroit? Never been there).

Awesome stadium though. Beautiful location. Transportation not bad so far as hotel being close to stadium (unlike in say, Buffalo). Just not for a SB.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't matter, I went to the superbowl in NYC and there weren't ANY hotels w/in 15 minutes of the stadium. Hell, the train ride to get there took 40min. The train ride to get out took over 5 hours.

Yes, but with getting a SB it is more about perception than reality. What do people think of the city? NY, there is the Subway, Times Square, Broadway, etc. NO, Burbon St. and Mardi Gras. What do people think about Seattle?