• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Seattle host a Superbowl?

Should Seattle host a Superbowl?

• Yes

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 27 42.2%

• Total voters

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Minnesota getting the game has more to do with the new stadium than anything else. Plus I think Goodell thinks the more stadiums they get involved in the Super Bowl the more fans he is going to bring in. Problem is the average fan can't afford the Super Bowl anyway. The average fan even if the game is in their home town are going to watch it at home as I personally would rather buy a new Big Screen TV for the same price as what I would have paid for tickets. At least then I can enjoy something beyond just the week of the Super Bowl. I know memories can be worth it but so is a big freaking tv!

That is why I said, 99.9% of the people will be from out of town.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I said, 99.9% of the people will be from out of town.

Which is why it is still a surprise that Minnesota of all places got it. They had trouble selling tickets for this last Super Bowl that had one of the better story lines leading up to the game in one of the biggest markets in the country. Now if it was summer I could understand as Minnesota is a beautiful state during that time. We are talking though of possible 20 degrees below during this time of year. So all outside activity would be shut down. Everything would have to be indoors and even going to the game from your hotel would be miserable if it was that temperature.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but with getting a SB it is more about perception than reality. What do people think of the city? NY, there is the Subway, Times Square, Broadway, etc. NO, Burbon St. and Mardi Gras. What do people think about Seattle?

I don't think that matters much.

Arizona has had two Superbowls. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years and I can't tell you what "perception" there would be besides "hot".

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona has had two Superbowls. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years and I can't tell you what "perception" there would be besides "hot".

Phoenix in February is one of the nicer places to be in the country. I mean we are talking coldest day of February being low 60's. This allows the NFL and the city to have more options with outside parties and such. At least compared to Seattle or Minnesota. Now New York is a little more understandable as they have a lot more opportunities indoors plus even outdoor activities in the winter are available. Throw in Phoenix is ranked 6th in population for a city in the US where Seattle is 22nd on population list for cities. I mean we are talking almost 900,000 more people available in the city for possible ticket sales. Plus I would say business owners who buy a big chunk of the Super Bowl tickets for business opportunities have an easier time attracting potential clients to come to Phoenix in February compared to Seattle where they can have meetings on the golf course.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think last year's Super Bowl is gonna be the last you see in an inclement weather location. You gotta remember... the Super Bowl is as much about the experience as it is the game. People (at least the non-celebrities and corporations) who buy tickets aren't gonna want to sit out in the cold, rain, or snow to be a part of it, if they don't have to. They also aren't going to want to spend time pre and post game in potentially poor weather AND watch the game in it.

New York was an experiment. Not necessarily a failed one, mind you. But, having the big game there didn't exactly inspire the explosion of positivity expected from playing in the largest media market in the country. They're not going to take it to one of the smallest. Unless they tear down Century Link, or slap a roof on it, I wouldn't bank on a championship game being played there, or any open-air stadium north of the Mason Dixon Line anytime soon.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Minnesota, Detroit, New York all have much worse weather in the winter.

Phoenix and Detroit are both dumps

Seattle has plenty of hotel accommodations

Traffic wouldn't be great but I have been to Mariners games the same time Clink had both Soccer and Super Cross events. So there was about 100K or so people in that 4 block radius.

Bellevue right across the water is another big city that could help with over flow. There is a decent bus system getting to seattle from bellevue.

The light rail running north and south to the suburbs is pretty good.

I doubt it ever happens.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Minnesota, Detroit, New York all have much worse weather in the winter.

Phoenix and Detroit are both dumps

Seattle has plenty of hotel accommodations

Traffic wouldn't be great but I have been to Mariners games the same time Clink had both Soccer and Super Cross events. So there was about 100K or so people in that 4 block radius.

Bellevue right across the water is another big city that could help with over flow. There is a decent bus system getting to seattle from bellevue.

The light rail running north and south to the suburbs is pretty good.

I doubt it ever happens.

How is Phoenix a dump? It's one of the fastest growing cities in America with one of the best football stadiums in America. That's why they host the fiesta bowl every year, the national championship every four years, and now the Super Bowl for the second time since 2007. I don't think you know what you're saying...:L

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Phoenix a dump? It's one of the fastest growing cities in America with one of the best football stadiums in America. That's why they host the fiesta bowl every year, the national championship every four years, and now the Super Bowl for the second time since 2007. I don't think you know what you're saying...:L

I lived there from 1999-2007 and I can confirm that it's a dump. Now, compared to Tucson it's a virtual paradise, but compared to Seattle, it's a dump.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Minnesota and Detroit have indoor fields so I don't know why they have even been brought up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My perception of AZ is a lot of bodies in the desert. Never been ,but first thing that crosses my mind when its brought up

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Minnesota and Detroit have indoor fields so I don't know why they have even been brought up.

They are being brought up because of the "arugments" around traffic and whatever parties celebrities are going to do besides the football game.

A big snowstorm in Minnesota in February would have some pretty bad impact on traffic.
And what sort of great parties can Detroit put on that Seattle couldn't?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lived there from 1999-2007 and I can confirm that it's a dump. Now, compared to Tucson it's a virtual paradise, but compared to Seattle, it's a dump.

Classifying a whole city as a dump is pretty retarded and makes you sound juvenile. Take the stick out of your ass and quit getting butthurt at people telling you Seattle shouldn't host a SB.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classifying a whole city as a dump us pretty retarded and makes you sound juvenile. Take the stick out of your ass and quit getting butthurt at people telling you Seattle shouldn't host a SB.

LOL ok.

:lame:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classifying a whole city as a dump is pretty retarded and makes you sound juvenile. Take the stick out of your ass and quit getting butthurt at people telling you Seattle shouldn't host a SB.

Let me guess, his Av gave it away

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

haha your funny. Dont be so defensive. Phoenix is much closer to Detroit and Cleveland then it is to Seattle.

Air quality is second worst only to LA, Crime rate, gangs, Property values in the toilet, traffic, urban sprawl, pollution, its 100 plus degrees for 6 months a year, education ratings, etc.