• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Emory be given 1 more turn.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a post asking Bengals fans if they would trade Dalton for cutler straight up. We still need to see the bright side here, the bears moved 4 million of this years deal, but there are 2/32 left on the guaranteed portion.

I still think this is a wake up call, honestly a wake up call that should have happened 6 weeks ago. Trestman is saying this is one game. I think the current plan is to play Jay in the final game. We saw Jay get beat to hell with 7 sacks, so probably not a bad thing, but I believe Trestmans plan is to work with Jay on the sidelines where he can continue talking after the 15 second limit and give him a chance at a win going into the off season.

Now if Claussen does not turn over the ball and somehow the bears beat the lions, then Jay plays and lose to the vikings, all bets are off.

Plan sounds to be all Trestman.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now if Claussen does not turn over the ball and somehow the bears beat the lions, then Jay plays and lose to the vikings, all bets are off.

Lol… if Jimmy beats the Lions, how does Jay end up start in Minnesota?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how there is any way that the DEFENSE can beat the Lions.
I don't see how there is any way the Special Teams can beat the Lions.
I don't see how Tresty/Kromer can game plan to beat the Lions.
I don't see how a rookie Guard with one start can beat Suh. (I'm sure they move him away from Long)
I don't see how they perform against the top scoring Defense in the league.

QB rating against Detroit: 82.1... 58.1 is career QB rating of Jimmy Clausen.
Forte ran the ball 6 times against Detroit on TG. They couldn't run then... it won't matter if they try and run 15-20 times. I don't see more then 40 yards rushing.

Jimmy Clausen is hurt before game is over.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the camp of "if we can get rid of Jay Cutler, do it," partially because I think the team either needs an elite qb to win, or they need a better supporting cast around Cutler (both sides of the ball) which they cannot afford with Cutler's contract. Also, I think the coaching staff literally went out of their way to humiliate him the past few weeks and I do not see how we're going to get the best out of him from this point on.

But for all of you that have your pitchforks out, I just want to make sure we all understand that Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Kordell Stewart, Rick Mirer, Cade McNown... that entire clown show that was our qb situation from the early 1990's to the mid 2000's... that is likely going to make a comeback. There is a reason why there is a market for Jay Cutler... this is the same situation other teams are experiencing. There are only a handful of elite qbs to go around. Doug Buffone rattled off all of Jay's stats this morning in comparison to Matt Stafford. In interceptions, Stafford has seven less. Other than that, Jay has the better completion percentage, more yards, more TDs, and a better QB rating. Matt Stafford has a defense on the other side of the ball that, if it were the Saints game, likely stops two of those very long drives from being scoring drives.

Moral of the story, you have every right to call for Jay's head and cheer when he's traded or cut. But if you do, don't cry about Rick Mirer 2.0. That's the consequence. Just remind yourself it had to be done.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol… if Jimmy beats the Lions, how does Jay end up start in Minnesota?

Same way McCown beat the cowboys and Jay took over again last year. A few reporters are joking its Claussens team now, I dont believe that.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the camp of "if we can get rid of Jay Cutler, do it," partially because I think the team either needs an elite qb to win, or they need a better supporting cast around Cutler (both sides of the ball) which they cannot afford with Cutler's contract. Also, I think the coaching staff literally went out of their way to humiliate him the past few weeks and I do not see how we're going to get the best out of him from this point on.

But for all of you that have your pitchforks out, I just want to make sure we all understand that Steve Stenstrom, Moses Moreno, Kordell Stewart, Rick Mirer, Cade McNown... that entire clown show that was our qb situation from the early 1990's to the mid 2000's... that is likely going to make a comeback. There is a reason why there is a market for Jay Cutler... this is the same situation other teams are experiencing. There are only a handful of elite qbs to go around. Doug Buffone rattled off all of Jay's stats this morning in comparison to Matt Stafford. In interceptions, Stafford has seven less. Other than that, Jay has the better completion percentage, more yards, more TDs, and a better QB rating. Matt Stafford has a defense on the other side of the ball that, if it were the Saints game, likely stops two of those very long drives from being scoring drives.

Moral of the story, you have every right to call for Jay's head and cheer when he's traded or cut. But if you do, don't cry about Rick Mirer 2.0. That's the consequence. Just remind yourself it had to be done.

I think the term elite quarterback is thrown around too easily. Look at the past super bowl winners, how many quarterbacks were considered elite? Most of the recent wins were before the guy was deemed elite.

Brady was not elite when he won his first went back elite and won two more.
Rothlesberger was not elite for his first, went back and won two more.
Eli was not elite for his first, still dont consider him elite.

Rex grossman, not elite, trent dilfer, not elite, Jake Delhomme, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson definitely not considered elite when they won. Remember when winning a superbowl made a quarterback elite, not his paycheck? Cutler had a 111 qb rating in his playoff win, 31 in his playoff loss. Elite? Seems he needs to move out of the way so we can find an elite guy.

Just because you are paid elite money does not mean you are elite.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the term elite quarterback is thrown around too easily. Look at the past super bowl winners, how many quarterbacks were considered elite? Most of the recent wins were before the guy was deemed elite.

Brady was not elite when he won his first went back elite and won two more.
Rothlesberger was not elite for his first, went back and won two more.
Eli was not elite for his first, still dont consider him elite.

Rex grossman, not elite, trent dilfer, not elite, Jake Delhomme, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson definitely not considered elite when they won. Remember when winning a superbowl made a quarterback elite, not his paycheck? Cutler had a 111 qb rating in his playoff win, 31 in his playoff loss. Elite? Seems he needs to move out of the way so we can find an elite guy.

Just because you are paid elite money does not mean you are elite.

I agree. However, the non-elite qb's to get the job done had a combination of great defenses, OLs and running games (at least two of the three). If you're a one dimensional team and you expect to win the super bowl, that one dimension better be Peyton Manning or a qb along those lines. Right now, the Bears defense is so bad that there is no way a run of the mill qb can survive a turnover or a couple of three-and-outs. That is our situation.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
al-bundy-kelly-boyfriend-slam-into-door-animated-gif.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,m glad to see things blown up but Clauson? Give me the rookie QB. What kinda pick we looking at.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex grossman, not elite, trent dilfer, not elite, Jake Delhomme, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson definitely not considered elite when they won.

Heard MNF announcer Mike Tirico on Waddle & Silvy and he made a good point about Dilfer and Brad Johnon (who also won a SB)... he commented that while Dilfer and Johnson may not have the skill-set, they are natural-born LEADERS. Tirico summized that the ability to lead is more important than arm-strength or skill. Just look at AI's list above. Tirico's comments made sense.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Phil can find a way to unload Cutler's cap hit, I'll give him another year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think anymore...

Keep Trestman
Other than the CFL, he's new to the head-coaching gig in the NFL - and the fan/media scrutiny. I realize that it's 2 years in, but he's learning too. Hopefully he's learning from his mistakes. Plus he did coach the Bears to the #2 offense in 2013. Not a bad debut. Most of the offensive weapons should be a lock, and could be closer to a repeat of the 2013 stats.

Keep Emery
While some player moves have been head-scratchers, I saw one report that he made 63 player moves up to October 12th of this year, the most of any other NFL team. This tells me that he isn't afraid to shake things up in a big way. Of course the flip-side of this is that many of these players became fragile, useless, or old - fast. He couldn't possibly make the same mistakes AGAIN?

Fire Everyone
Personally, I was hoping the Bears would get more aggressive in the play-calling. Didn't happen. The defense is abysmal from head to toe (with a select few worthy of keeping). I don't blame Cutler for everything on the offense, but getting rid of Trestman and Emery & keeping Jay might not change the player's perception.

Last edited by a moderator: