• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Emory be given 1 more turn.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not will he, but should he. Do you wanna see him return. The rest are toast we now know. Me I'm on the fence. I like his work ethic and the fact he pulls the trigger on targets. I like aggressive GMs. But he hired Tucker, knowing he never did good anywhere. He took a shot on Tdog, I can forgive. It's hard to forgive the Tucker hiring because he had clear evidence against it. He thought himself smarter. Like I said I'm on the fence. How about you guys. Want him? Want him gone?

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bye Emery, go back to making boards

Biggix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean house including the bean counter ted

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he IS the architect of this disaster, I don't know how he would have a case to stay. As a matter of fact, I could make a better case for Trestman staying than I could for Emery.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should he? Like you, I'm on the fence.

Pros: Stats inc guy, Joe Kim hire, drafts are getting better and Trestman. I know, Trestman turned out to be a disaster, but if the premise was you can't expect anything short of an elite coach to get you to a championship so boom or bust beats safe, then I applaud the decision even if it turned out to be bust. You have to take chances. And the trade for Marshall was a great one.

Cons: cutler's extension, not getting rid of Tucker last year when you had seven defensive starters coming out of contract, his free agency decisions have been spotty.

Will he be back? Three weeks ago I was hoping they'd can Tucker and Joe D but didn't think they would. Two weeks ago I was convinced Mel was out but that was it. After the Kromer thing, it began looking like the entire staff was in jeopardy. Now with the Cutler benching it is looking like Emery will be gone too. This collapse has been pretty sudden IMO.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. he built a crap team with mostly shit draft picks and bad free agent signings

nomoreshoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well one more turn wouldn't hurt. I mean turn around, call over that Saints fan, and have him kick Emery in the rear.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's tough to make a case for him at this point. I really do not mind if this team/organization is completely gutted, and we have to watch them in full-blown rebuild mode next season. At least maybe we'll have some guys who will bring a new attitude and play hard. Maybe a coach that will do that as well.

No idea what's in store, but damn, this is going to be one interesting off-season.

thunderspirit

KFFL expatriate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, too, have been on the fence about whether Emery should stay or not.

The whole Kroemer thing, coupled with the apparent Trestman middle finger of benching Cutler, has swung me to the complete overhaul side of things. The whole thing needs a firehose to start.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I like, the draft choices seem to be improving.

What I dont like, Emery personally hiring the assistant coaches and coordinators before the head coach was hired. That made no sense. The deer in the headlight coach is handcuffed to coordinators he did not hire. Gotta have people want to work together, not have to work together.

If Claussen makes the right audibles, the line blocks better, then we also see that Trestmans offense can work. McCown worked the hell out of the offense. It might have taken Emery to say its ok to bench Jay so Trestman can show this scheme can work. Best case scenario is we see Jay next to Trestman all game with the ear piece in his head and paying attention to what is being called. If Trestman askes Jay what he would audible to, Trestman might be able to tell him why he shouldnt. If Jay opens up like this and he sees what is going wrong, he might be a guy that earns that payday he got. Both sides need to be willing to fix it.

So if Emery gave his go ahead for Trestman to sit Cutler, then he might show that he is also growing in game day management, like he is growing in the draft. Then he deserves to stay.

This should not be creating a QB controversey, it should be class for Jay to help him improve.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. he built a crap team with mostly shit draft picks and bad free agent signings

I disagree with this assessment. I am more in the bad coaching choices camp. Reason, compared to Jerry Angelo, Emery is an all star in looking at talent, in other words talent evaluation wise he's fine (Jay Cutler's new contract aside, again coaching? or ?).

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this assessment. I am more in the bad coaching choices camp. Reason, compared to Jerry Angelo, Emery is an all star in looking at talent, in other words talent evaluation wise he's fine (Jay Cutler's new contract aside, again coaching? or ?).

Bad draft picks led to needing to buy the talent thru free agency. The cap was maxed out, so there were no "hometown" discounts or bonus money prepaid on anyones deal. Instead of even being able to offer a contract, the players all had the right to see what else was out there. He paid retail for Cutler, Jennings, Gould, and Slausen. Dont hear much positive on any of those choices. Didnt seem to learn any lessons from Dead money keeping 16 million dollars worth of players off our current roster. Difference if cap was available might have been the difference in getting Demarcus Ware instead of Houston and Allen. Looking at the deals, the same crap is gonna be hanging over us again. Cut Jared allen, still gets his guaranteed 11.5 million roster bonus. Those are the questions that seem to be more financial sense than talent choices.

C

cubzzzfanincali

If Cutler can be traded by third day of new league year, he will only cost us $4 million in dead money. If Emery can somehow clean up the mess and make such a trade, I'd probably be willing to see him longer. Problem is, that's a big gamble to go into your offseason with unanswered.

C

cubzzzfanincali

oh, and that $4 million assumes the receiving team doesn't force the Bears to choke some of Cutler's base salary down, which is probably unrealistic to assume. I'd bet any takers would want the Bears to eat some of that cost.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cutler can be traded by third day of new league year, he will only cost us $4 million in dead money. If Emery can somehow clean up the mess and make such a trade, I'd probably be willing to see him longer. Problem is, that's a big gamble to go into your offseason with unanswered.

The way Cutler sounded today, I'm thinking he's already been told the Bears are shopping him. Tenn? Jets? Rams?

Aussie77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say completely blow this up it is embarrassing and Emery is as much to blame if not more than anyone else is anyway. I honestly think Cliff Stein is the only person in the entire organisation that has any clue and all he is doing is the contracts for christs sake.

Cutler will be traded or cut before the third day of the new league year you can pretty assure that is happening, the Bears will likely eat 10 mil if they can get a trade partner.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Cutler sounded today, I'm thinking he's already been told the Bears are shopping him. Tenn? Jets? Rams?

I've heard of also possibly Washington, Tampa, Buffalo, or Cleveland as well as Titans, Jets, or Rams.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tennessee seems like his logical landing spot.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears can dump Cutler and eat just a portion of the contract that would be a win. But to do things properly, the Bears need to hire a new GM who knows football so he can put the pieces together... Someone like Holmgren?