• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G4 1-1-1 Kings @ Wild 10/19/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back at it today, I'm going to miss this one too since I'm headed to watch the GFs daughter cheer for their HS football game. I'll catch the replay tonight but will be checking for updates as usual.

A reunion again as Fiala visits MN and Faber sees the team that drafted him and traded him.

Faber has arguably turned into the Wilds best defender, Blake offered him a contract after his sophomore season with the Minnesota Gophers and had he signed he would have suited up against the Wild in his first NHL game. Two months later he was traded for Fiala and sent to Minnesota.

I know a lot of Kings fans didn't like the deal, but Faber wasn't going to sign here because he wanted to be close to family (I believe he has a special needs sister) so Blake pulled the trigger. Fiala has his defensive brain farts and ill timed penalties but he is by far the most dynamic player on the Kings' roster. Dude makes things happen out of nowhere it seems.

The Kings really dominated periods 2 and 3 against Winnipeg, hoping that carries over to tonight. Wild Kings games tend to be chaotic, expecting the same tonight. Their thrd line is very good, as is the fourth, the Kings will have their hands full and the PLD line will not have an advantage of feasting on a lesser B6 matchup. My guess: 4-3 Kings in a SO.

Let's Go Kings!

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t watch the game cuz I’m on grandpa duty.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackout!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the GFs place, watched her daughter cheer for volleyball. Da fuq? Apparently these girls cheer for every varsity sport, not just football.

Score looks good, not sure what that actually means though. So goaltending was an issue?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to watch the end of the game. Boy that third goal by the Wild, was a softy. Talbot should have gloved it, but instead left a big fat rebound that went in. Even his reaction showed that he screwed up.
There is no way that this team is going to succeed this season by trying to outscore opponents.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talbot played pretty well. I agree with Capt that the second goal was a bit soft (if it wasnt tipped). First goal was a bad bounce off of the boards and the third goal was a 2 v1. he didnt have much of a chance on those two.
Both of PLD's goals were pretty impressive. He used his size and speed to get body position and beat the defensemen and barely tip the puck. The second goal was a snipe. Speaking of snipe, how about the hands of Trevor Moore? Wow, what a shot.