• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherm only thrown at twice so far all post season

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy... I guess the ball is in peytons court...test sherm or forfeit the right side of the field

33Goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton gonna eat these birds.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy... I guess the ball is in peytons court...test sherm or forfeit the right side of the field
Man I'm with you...I wish that clown Manning was a halfway capable passer. And those idiots he has at WR, man o man, can you believe those fools ???

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean the obvious would be to stack the left side with welker, decker, thomas, and let caldwell and thomas come off the right.............trips left, sherm=no factor with those three if sherm never goes to the left kinda like the old asomagua(sp)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherm has now put alot of pressure on himself ....lots of eyeballs on him. It will be a real challenge for him to not push the limits and start drawing flags.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That only includes man coverage. The Seahawks actually spend a fair amount of time in zone coverages and they don't count passes completed inbetween zones I don't think.
can sherm play left?
Yes. He followed Boldin to every spot he played at in the second game of the year, but that is the only game I'm aware of that they have done that. My best guess is it probably has more to do with moving the other defenders around than moving him. I doubt you will see him moved in this game.
Sherm has now put alot of pressure on himself ....lots of eyeballs on him. It will be a real challenge for him to not push the limits and start drawing flags.
This isn't the first time he has done something like this. He puts this pressure on himself on purpose. Many of us don't care for it, but it hasn't cost him before now. Even when someone gets a catch on him you will see him pat them on the helmet and go right back at it. He has the short memory you need to be able to play that position. I just don't see this pressure being a bad thing to him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just throwing it out there, if sherm stays right, and the broncos go trips left with decker, welker, thomas all left..........thats gonna be tough

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just throwing it out there, if sherm stays right, and the broncos go trips left with decker, welker, thomas all left..........thats gonna be tough

If you take away half, or more like 1/3 of a field it also helps a defense setup a more effective pass rush and leverage on the other 2/3's. It's not like Thurmond, Maxwell, Lane, and the safeties are bad. If they stack trips left then Earl Thomas just gets pushed left and I'm not sure you want him even closer to the play.

I'm not saying Manning won't find ways to get yards. In fact I've been saying since our game ended last week that I am leaning toward Denver winning. I'm simply saying Carroll is about as good of a defensive mind as this team has ever had and he hasn't had any difficulty adjusting to whatever an offense tries to do to him since he has been here. I'm sure he will be doing something about whatever they try to do to get their advantages. It is these coaching chess moves that will be so great to watch. We know Denver will win many of those battles and are going to get some scores out of it. Just curious to see how effective their adjustments will be as the game wears on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i think this is a very evenly matched game..........when was the last time the pre-season favorites from each conference actually got the #1 seed, and both made it to the bowl

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman lined up on the right side 98% of the time during the playoffs so you don't think Denver know this? They'll have Walker/D-Thomas/J-Thomas line up on the left most of the time if they're smart and put Decker out on Sherman and their 4th WR

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I been saying this since last week....Sorry but I like Thomas, welker, and Decker chances against Seattle's 2nd,3rd, and 4th CB if they're matched up with Denver 3 WR's consistently.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly i think this is a very evenly matched game..........when was the last time the pre-season favorites from each conference actually got the #1 seed, and both made it to the bowl

Not recently as far as I can remember. These two teams met in the preseason and the announcers were saying we might be watching a preview of the SB and pretty much everyone said at least one of them would probably crumble before now. Part of the reason I think Denver will still be able to move the ball is they did so in that preseason game. Now they only managed one score out of it, but it was awesome watching a fresh Manning throw darts through holes so small and hit his marks. Still, Seattle let him move the ball and tightened up in the red zone. Will be interesting to see how they handle that part of it in this game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Saints and Colts played, wasn't it 2 number 1 seeds or were the colts a 2?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Saints and Colts played, wasn't it 2 number 1 seeds or were the colts a 2?

I think the question is when was the last time that the preseason #1's from both conferences both in the SB and I have no idea what that answer is. I'm sure some #1 seeds in the post season were not #1 preseason. I'm sure expected teams winning wire to wire and both going to the bowl has to be kind of rare in the modern era.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the question is when was the last time that the preseason #1's from both conferences both in the SB and I have no idea what that answer is. I'm sure some #1 seeds in the post season were not #1 preseason. I'm sure expected teams winning wire to wire and both going to the bowl has to be kind of rare in the modern era.

I see what you mean. How about when the Patriots and Eagles played?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm with you...I wish that clown Manning was a halfway capable passer. And those idiots he has at WR, man o man, can you believe those fools ???

I don't think wazzu made an absurd comment, but you sure went stupid with it, didn't you.

Try to understand, I have not seen one Seahawk fan that thinks Peyton isn't a God on the football field. We all know he is awesome and so are his targets.
You just can't fathom that we are confident in our team and coaching staff. That is on you.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wazzu made an absurd comment, but you sure went stupid with it, didn't you.

Try to understand, I have not seen one Seahawk fan that thinks Peyton isn't a God on the football field. We all know he is awesome and so are his targets.
You just can't fathom that we are confident in our team and coaching staff. That is on you.
you and I will have to disagree about the intent of the op