• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherm only thrown at twice so far all post season

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning will blow a zone up. They going to have to play man to man. Sherman can't cover everyone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and I will have to disagree about the intent of the op
So when he says Manning will either have to test Sherman or forfeit that side of the field it means he was intending that Manning and/or his receivers are bad and shouldn't even play? :scratch:

So he simply couldn't have been saying that Sherman has only been even thrown at twice in the post season, one of which ended a season for a team, and now Manning either needs to change that trend and actually take his risks against him or give up on that part of the field? No. He couldn't have meant that.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning will blow a zone up. They going to have to play man to man. Sherman can't cover everyone.

Everyone is underestimating the rest of the Hawks secondary, obviously Sherman is great, but so are the other guys that have prevented a lot of completions too. Our 3rd string DBs would start for most teams.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is underestimating the rest of the Hawks secondary, obviously Sherman is great, but so are the other guys that have prevented a lot of completions too. Our 3rd string DBs would start for most teams.

:noidea:

My perception is every seahawk fan seems to talk like their secondary is quadruplets of sherman and manning is throwing to quintuplets of Michael Crabtree.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I don't think Mark was saying that. That would be bksballer that thinks the rest of the D is going to be shredded by Manning. I think Mark was just saying they can't sit in a zone and I sure hope they don't. I hate our zone looks. I know you kind of have to because if you don't change up your looks any competent QB will find a way to beat it, but those zones are going to be a feast for Denver unless we catch them running during them often.

I really don't think most people are failing to give credit to any of the Seattle secondary, it's just they believe Manning and this offense are one of the great offenses of all time and no defense today can completely stop them. I think it is more general terms people are talking about. When they then look at the offensive struggles Seattle has had lately it's easy to see why they are picking Denver.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I don't think Mark was saying that. That would be bksballer that thinks the rest of the D is going to be shredded by Manning. I think Mark was just saying they can't sit in a zone and I sure hope they don't. I hate our zone looks. I know you kind of have to because if you don't change up your looks any competent QB will find a way to beat it, but those zones are going to be a feast for Denver unless we catch them running during them often.

I really don't think most people are failing to give credit to any of the Seattle secondary, it's just they believe Manning and this offense are one of the great offenses of all time and no defense today can completely stop them. I think it is more general terms people are talking about. When they then look at the offensive struggles Seattle has had lately it's easy to see why they are picking Denver.

That is correct. If Seattle just stays in zone they are going to get burned.

Like manning will have to take chances so will this secondary. Manning has been around a long time, to beat him it will take more than just good secondary play.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct. If Seattle just stays in zone they are going to get burned.

Like manning will have to take chances so will this secondary. Manning has been around a long time, to beat him it will take more than just good secondary play.

Exactly why it will come down to how the Hawks offense performs against the Broncos defense, because Seattle might be able to slow down Manning, but they won't be able to stop them.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you and I will have to disagree about the intent of the op

I went back and reread the OP. I see nothing disrespectful in his words. Many coaches have challenged Sherm and most of the time Sherm wins that round even though the O is at an advantage. Kaep threw at him twice in the NFC CG. 1 was D PI against RS and the other was the game winner.
Of course Manning is a better QB than Kaep but Sherm defends his side as well or better than any CB in the game.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think wazzu made an absurd comment, but you sure went stupid with it, didn't you.

Try to understand, I have not seen one Seahawk fan that thinks Peyton isn't a God on the football field. We all know he is awesome and so are his targets.
You just can't fathom that we are confident in our team and coaching staff. That is on you.

Ive learned to just ignore kwityer... He is a troll and a homer. We seahawks fans respect he hell out of denvers o..... He on the other hand doesnt respect our number 1 ranked d

If Peyton wants to stack the left side he can......they would be changing what they do in reaction to sea. Plus its not like its something new. Brees didnt throw sherms way once. So seattles d is ready for it.

As long as we are making denver change what they normally do..advantage sea....

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive learned to just ignore kwityer... He is a troll and a homer. We seahawks fans respect he hell out of denvers o..... He on the other hand doesnt respect our number 1 ranked d

If Peyton wants to stack the left side he can......they would be changing what they do in reaction to sea. Plus its not like its something new. Brees didnt throw sherms way once. So seattles d is ready for it.

As long as we are making denver change what they normally do..advantage sea....
Disagreeing with your assertion that Sherman shuts down an entire side of a field is not trolling. I do not agree...simple as that

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagreeing with your assertion that Sherman shuts down an entire side of a field is not trolling. I do not agree...simple as that

Well he did vs new orleans and san fran....and as i said in the op. If he does vs denver is up to your idle manning.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he did vs new orleans and san fran....and as i said in the op. If he does vs denver is up to your idle manning.
Idle Manning ?? huh ?? I highly doubt he will be idle in that game

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy... I guess the ball is in peytons court...test sherm or forfeit the right side of the field

Pretty arrogant statement. He doesn't even grade out as the best CB so far in the post season.

Now I know you are trying to insinuate that only being thrown a twice is proof he is the best corner in the post season, but that is only a subjective opinion. There are other factors why passes are not thrown his way, not just becuase QB's are afraid to test him.

Look, he is a great player, no doubt, but he doesn't even grade out in the top 10 in the post season.

DRC and Chancellor are among 4 players tied for 1st.

2013 NFL Player Defense Stats - National Football League - ESPN

He made a great play against SF, no doubt. But for every great play he has made this year, there are examples of him making mistakes as well.

Manning will not so much test him but throw passes in his area when they have the match-up they want and a high chance for success.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty arrogant statement. He doesn't even grade out as the best CB so far in the post season.

Now I know you are trying to insinuate that only being thrown a twice is proof he is the best corner in the post season, but that is only a subjective opinion. There are other factors why passes are not thrown his way, not just becuase QB's are afraid to test him.

Look, he is a great player, no doubt, but he doesn't even grade out in the top 10 in the post season.

He made a great play against SF, no doubt. But for every great play he has made this year, there are examples of him making mistakes as well.

Manning will not so much test him but throw passes in his area when they have the match-up they want and a high chance for success.

What the heck r u talking about? Hes been thrown at 2 times......grades? Lol whatever.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, so your proof that he doesn't "grade out" better than others on a stat sheet is the break down of number of passes defended when you already know he has only been thrown at twice? He has 1 PD because they haven't thrown at him. That stat site you are looking at doesn't have advanced stats such as PD's per attempts where he is 50% (One PI and One PD/INT) or any other advanced metrics.

The point still is how do you not give credit for a guy that one of the best QB's in the league didn't even bother to throw against after having done so with bad results earlier in the year?

If you look at the whole body of work this year RS was #1 hands down. And it wasn't even close. He was thrown at less than any other CB (with 16 games in) and still lead the league in INT's for a DB of any position. He didn't lead in PD's because again, that stat requires they throw at you for you to defend it.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the heck r u talking about? Hes been thrown at 2 times......grades? Lol whatever.

A smart QB and OC will call plays with high chances of success, not just test someone hoping they get lucky.

You are going to throw the ball to where you have the best chance of making a successful play.

Not every team plays football like the Raiders before Al Davis passed and hucks the ball deep every play.

They throw screens, crossing routes, short passes out of the backfield and also run the ball occasionally.

Sherman may be able to cover a speedy receiver downfield well and make athletic plays but he is not taking away entire sides or even a 3rd of the field from Denver because they will spread the field and create mismatches where they have the best shot at getting open and completing a pass.

Manning is also pretty good at putting the ball where only the receiver can catch it and if they do test Sherman it will be on routes and patterns where an athletic WR like DT or Julius Thomas has a size advantage over hin.

No doubt Manning will test Sherman when they get the right look and matchup. How that matchup goes down will be fun to watch, that is certain.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so your proof that he doesn't "grade out" better than others on a stat sheet is the break down of number of passes defended when you already know he has only been thrown at twice? He has 1 PD because they haven't thrown at him. That stat site you are looking at doesn't have advanced stats such as PD's per attempts where he is 50% (One PI and One PD/INT) or any other advanced metrics.

The point still is how do you not give credit for a guy that one of the best QB's in the league didn't even bother to throw against after having done so with bad results earlier in the year?

If you look at the whole body of work this year RS was #1 hands down. And it wasn't even close. He was thrown at less than any other CB (with 16 games in) and still lead the league in INT's for a DB of any position. He didn't lead in PD's because again, that stat requires they throw at you for you to defend it.
provide a link to this information

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Advanced NFL Stats Player Statistics

You are ignoring the rest of those stats, not just Passes defended, and not citing any actual performance metric.

Go subscribe to Pro Football Focus and pay the money for the premium stats and see how he grades out. he was not the top CB this season nor has he been the top CB in the post season statistically or even not thrown at.

Champ Bailey has had ZERO pass attempts thrown at him this post season but I am not about to make an arrogant statement and say opposing QB's Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers were afraid to throw at him. ( I hope Russel Wilson isn't afraid to throw at him).

You are simply implying that because only 2 passes came his way proves something. The only thing it proves absolutely is that he had 2 passes thrown his way, that is it. It is an indication that the statistical chances for success are worse when throwing at him and the smart play to call is the one that has a hoght chance of success.

So much arrogance coming out of this fan base.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't get that two passes thrown at and 1 Int is pretty good? :scratch:

You totally miss that part because you want to. It isn't about not only not being thrown at, but when they did he made them pay for it and has done so all season. He lead the league in opposing QB rating when throwing his way, lead in least number of passes against AND had the most INT's.

So you tell me what kind of season someone had with that combination of stats. You expect me to pay money to look up stats to prove a point you can't be bothered to back up yourself? :L Um no.

I would say your arrogance is showing more than mine.