• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherm only thrown at twice so far all post season

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Seattle is intentionally physical and punishing. The team was built that way. You don't think Sherman is good and that's fine. You asked for proof of the stat another poster first suggested and I gave it to. You could man up and thank me for doing your work for you.

If you keep on saying things that aren't true, knowing they aren't true that is also a form of trolling. I do love that you can harp on that and ignore the entire section where I both praise your QB and admit there were at least 4 really good CB's in the league this year that could claim top status. This is why I say you and your pal are trolling. You only make comments on the negative without giving any credit for the positive. Seems clear to me you are only looking to get a rise out of our fans at all cost.

You are an idiot. I have not said anything that is not true. just offering a difference of opinion. I'm out.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. I have not said anything that is not true. just offering a difference of opinion. I'm out.

lol, but you aren't a troll right. :L Jesus, could just one troll own it?

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Seattle is intentionally physical and punishing. The team was built that way. You don't think Sherman is good and that's fine. You asked for proof of the stat another poster first suggested and I gave it to. You could man up and thank me for doing your work for you.

If you keep on saying things that aren't true, knowing they aren't true that is also a form of trolling. I do love that you can harp on that and ignore the entire section where I both praise your QB and admit there were at least 4 really good CB's in the league this year that could claim top status. This is why I say you and your pal are trolling. You only make comments on the negative without giving any credit for the positive. Seems clear to me you are only looking to get a rise out of our fans at all cost.
lol...I'm not gonna go out and do the work for some claim that YOU make...and dont get me wrong, I think sherman is good, I just dont think he's the best. Physical and punishing is one thing, grabbing and holding against the rules is quite another. He's not big enough to be punishing, that's why he grabs and holds, because he would get beat otherwise.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...I'm not gonna go out and do the work for some claim that YOU make...and dont get me wrong, I think sherman is good, I just dont think he's the best. Physical and punishing is one thing, grabbing and holding against the rules is quite another. He's not big enough to be punishing, that's why he grabs and holds, because he would get beat otherwise.
I said there are at least 4 that could lay claim to being the best corner and that all have been shut down. All you can ask of your players is to do the best they can at the roles they are asked to do. I don't see any way Sherman can do more than what he did this year outside of his off the field stuff. There are lots of ways of boiling them down and I have no issues if you all like another way of looking at it.

One thing I find interesting is he is only the 4th defender ever to have back to back 8+int seasons. The last one to do so was Champ several years ago. His 20 over the last 3 seasons is top over that time. I get that some don't think INTs are as important as other things they do.
you mean sort of like you defending the op ?? who was obviously trying to stir the pot.
I'm not sure I'd say I was actually defending anyone. I have no issues with calling out other Seahawk fans. I do that quite often. All I did was say what I thought he meant and didn't see the dissing in it you saw. I could be wrong, but I didn't see that.

I know some of the other Seahawk fans have said some rather dumb things about Manning and their offense. I'm not one of them. I know the uphill challenge not only of keeping Manning and that unit around him down, but playing a much better game on offense than they have recently. I have mad respect for Manning and know he had one of the best seasons in the history of the game at QB. Anyone who doesn't understand that isn't paying attention. If the OP was really dissing Manning and diminishing what he has done then I'll be the first one to call him an idiot.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said there are at least 4 that could lay claim to being the best corner and that all have been shut down. All you can ask of your players is to do the best they can at the roles they are asked to do. I don't see any way Sherman can do more than what he did this year outside of his off the field stuff. There are lots of ways of boiling them down and I have no issues if you all like another way of looking at it.

One thing I find interesting is he is only the 4th defender ever to have back to back 8+int seasons. The last one to do so was Champ several years ago. His 20 over the last 3 seasons is top over that time. I get that some don't think INTs are as important as other things they do.

I'm not sure I'd say I was actually defending anyone. I have no issues with calling out other Seahawk fans. I do that quite often. All I did was say what I thought he meant and didn't see the dissing in it you saw. I could be wrong, but I didn't see that.

I know some of the other Seahawk fans have said some rather dumb things about Manning and their offense. I'm not one of them. I know the uphill challenge not only of keeping Manning and that unit around him down, but playing a much better game on offense than they have recently. I have mad respect for Manning and know he had one of the best seasons in the history of the game at QB. Anyone who doesn't understand that isn't paying attention. If the OP was really dissing Manning and diminishing what he has done then I'll be the first one to call him an idiot.
fair enough

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is: which receiver does Sherman cover? Or will he cover everyone at one point during the game? Who is the biggest threat to Seattle's Defense?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is: which receiver does Sherman cover? Or will he cover everyone at one point during the game? Who is the biggest threat to Seattle's Defense?

Seattle rarely moves their DB's around to cover specific players. That is one thing that could throw an unexpected wrench at the Denver offense, but do you really do something you don't do often in the SB?

Most likely they stay with what got them there and leave Sherman on the offenses right side covering that receiver and leave Thurmond, maxwell, and lane to cover the rest. I would expect those three to change around based on personnel or situation.

Who is the biggest threat to Seattle? All of them. Or more aptly, Manning and his ability to hit even covered receivers. Seattle has 4 corners that can all cover anywhere on the field and have LB's that can keep up with TE's and even cover RB's effectively, but this is Manning we are talking about.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle rarely moves their DB's around to cover specific players. That is one thing that could throw an unexpected wrench at the Denver offense, but do you really do something you don't do often in the SB?

Most likely they stay with what got them there and leave Sherman on the offenses right side covering that receiver and leave Thurmond, maxwell, and lane to cover the rest. I would expect those three to change around based on personnel or situation.

Who is the biggest threat to Seattle? All of them. Or more aptly, Manning and his ability to hit even covered receivers. Seattle has 4 corners that can all cover anywhere on the field and have LB's that can keep up with TE's and even cover RB's effectively, but this is Manning we are talking about.

Well in that case they shouldn't change a thing. Weren't the the # 1 ranked Defense anyway? Why change now? I thought Sherman moved around though, but I will take your word for it since you obviously know more than me since you follow Seattle. True. Manning can throw a pinpoint ball to a player who is compleltley covered and makes you shake your head how in the world did he do that!?!

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL i wasn't trolling with the op, I was pointing out that Sherm has been thrown out two times all playoffs by pretty good offenses. Then I stated that its now Peytons turn to either A: throw at sherman, or B: Give up that side of the field.

Peyton calls the plays at the los. he takes what the defense gives him a lot of the time throws it where he has the best chance of success.

Seattle is going to put sherman on an island, and then focus the rest of the D on stopping the other receivers. Generally qb's find the single coverage and go after it. And again back to my op. Will peyton go after sherman?

Really not that complicated. But you denver fans are so quick to get on the defensive.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL i wasn't trolling with the op, I was pointing out that Sherm has been thrown out two times all playoffs by pretty good offenses. Then I stated that its now Peytons turn to either A: throw at sherman, or B: Give up that side of the field.

Peyton calls the plays at the los. he takes what the defense gives him a lot of the time throws it where he has the best chance of success.

Seattle is going to put sherman on an island, and then focus the rest of the D on stopping the other receivers. Generally qb's find the single coverage and go after it. And again back to my op. Will peyton go after sherman?

Really not that complicated. But you denver fans are so quick to get on the defensive.....

I didn't take what you said as trolling or attacking Peyton. I think it is a good question but having watched Peyton a good part of his career he hasn't seemed to shy away from top corners in the past. I remember when he would play the Broncos especially in the playoffs he would go after Champ if the coverage was one on one. Now he will be a bit more careful and place the ball to where his receiver either makes a great catch or it is an incompletion.

Honestly I would love to see D. Thomas one on one with Sherman. Thomas hasn't hardly had single coverage all year and when he has Peyton has thrown it almost every time to him so again don't see that changing just because it is Sherman.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't take what you said as trolling or attacking Peyton. I think it is a good question but having watched Peyton a good part of his career he hasn't seemed to shy away from top corners in the past. I remember when he would play the Broncos especially in the playoffs he would go after Champ if the coverage was one on one. Now he will be a bit more careful and place the ball to where his receiver either makes a great catch or it is an incompletion.

Honestly I would love to see D. Thomas one on one with Sherman. Thomas hasn't hardly had single coverage all year and when he has Peyton has thrown it almost every time to him so again don't see that changing just because it is Sherman.

Thank you, a thought out logical response. No need to get defensive, everyone who's in this game has skills, when you have the number 1 o vs the number 1 d. Both sides have made a living off of seeing their team win......thats why its the superbowl!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in that case they shouldn't change a thing. Weren't the the # 1 ranked Defense anyway? Why change now? I thought Sherman moved around though, but I will take your word for it since you obviously know more than me since you follow Seattle. True. Manning can throw a pinpoint ball to a player who is compleltley covered and makes you shake your head how in the world did he do that!?!

Only game this year Sherman tailed anyone was game 2 where he shadowed Boldin for SF and shut him down to the tune of 1 pass for 7y all day. There were 2-3 games last year where they did the same thing. I really don't know why they don't do it more as he has been very effective doing it. I'm assuming that they want to keep the execution higher by giving each a role and only a set of routes to play to a high level against.

As we said though, they do give zone looks fairly often. Many times it is only a middle zone with both edge covers in 1-1, but they do show full zones as well. Carroll says if you don't mix up coverages any decent QB will get comfortable and burn you, but I worry about Manning just torching any zone looks.

The key to this game has to be more on the line. Denver has done an outstanding job of pass protecting and letting Manning stand on his spot and go through his reads. If Seattle can't use their front to either get to him, or at least make his pocket move and get him off his timing he is going to complete a ton of passes no matter how good the coverage is. He is just at another level. So this game hinges on the pass rush.