• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sherm only thrown at twice so far all post season

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
provide a link to this information

Seattle fans never provide links to back up facts.

They also don't know which stats are important. Just the other day they tried to imply that the #1 scoring offense the NFL has ever seen was overrated because the average defense they played was ranked 21st, but the nuveaux NFL fans were citing TOTAL DEFENSE and not the more important and critical SCORING DEFENSE which is actually the metric used when measuring a defenses overall success.

The actual average ranking was 14th including the Chiefs at #5 who they played twice and 5 more in the top 10 including the Chargers twice.

But I digress.

Look, we know Sherman is a top 10 CB and top 5 in the post season and led the league in INT's in the regular season, but the average SCORING OFFENSE they played was ranked 19th with only 1 team in the top 10 New Orleans at #10.

SF was ranked 11th and Minnesota at 15 the only other team they played in the top half of the league.

The rest were in the bottom half of the NFL including 4 of the bottom 5.

NFL Stats - CBSSports.com

Seattle Seahawks Schedule - NFL - CBSSports.com

The #1 rated defense played a lot of crappy offenses and crappy QB's.

Denver's #1 scoring offense was 10 ppg higher than the #2 team Philadelphia. 37 to 27 ppg.

Seattle has a good defense, and they have played some tough post season games but they have not even come close to shutting down anyone in the post season.

They have been inconsistent and played sloppily in the 2nd half of both playoff games and the game came down to the final play? How is that dominating your opponent?

Kaepernick throws that ball to the outside of Crabtree where only he can get it and we are not even having this conversation.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't get that two passes thrown at and 1 Int is pretty good? :scratch:

You totally miss that part because you want to. It isn't about not only not being thrown at, but when they did he made them pay for it and has done so all season. He lead the league in opposing QB rating when throwing his way, lead in least number of passes against AND had the most INT's.

So you tell me what kind of season someone had with that combination of stats. You expect me to pay money to look up stats to prove a point you can't be bothered to back up yourself? :L Um no.

I would say your arrogance is showing more than mine.
He lead the league in opposing QB rating when throwing his way, lead in least number of passes against AND had the most INT's.

He played against a lot of crappy QB's. Manning is not a crappy QB. The stat is a good indicator of overall and general performance but is not applicable here.

Look at his opposing QB rating against Luck.

You expect me to pay money to look up stats to prove a point you can't be bothered to back up yourself?

It's the best stat site out there, with good analysis which is why it costs money.

And the only point is that he does not grade out #1 for the season.

What you are talking about (Not being thrown out) is not a measurable stat anywat.

It's subjective.

It's like definitively saying a RB would have gotten so many more rushing yard if he just got more snaps.

You have no idea. Now if it is a good RB, I would agree that he probably would and I agree that Sherman would probably play above average if he was thrown at more but all it takes is 1 play at the right time when he is out of position or 1 mis-communication in coverage and that can mean the difference in the game.

Cue profanity laced insult in 3...2...1

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's tend to exploit weaknesses. At least good QB's do. The fact that Sherman has barely been tested is a testament to his ability. If he wasn't good he would be thrown at. Bottom line.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played against a lot of crappy QB's. Manning is not a crappy QB. The stat is a good indicator of overall and general performance but is not applicable here.

Look at his opposing QB rating against Luck.

It's the best stat site out there, with good analysis which is why it costs money.

And the only point is that he does not grade out #1 for the season.

What you are talking about (Not being thrown out) is not a measurable stat anywat.

It's subjective.

It's like definitively saying a RB would have gotten so many more rushing yard if he just got more snaps.

You have no idea. Now if it is a good RB, I would agree that he probably would and I agree that Sherman would probably play above average if he was thrown at more but all it takes is 1 play at the right time when he is out of position or 1 mis-communication in coverage and that can mean the difference in the game.

Cue profanity laced insult in 3...2...1
lol...true...that and its always like a gang fight with these kids..you speak to one and get 15 jumping on your back barking like a rabid chihuahua.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB's tend to exploit weaknesses. At least good QB's do. The fact that Sherman has barely been tested is a testament to his ability. If he wasn't good he would be thrown at. Bottom line.

That is a reasonable statement I can agree with. And most QB's will not take that chance as it is a low % play.

It's the added cockiness of "test sherm or forfeit the right side of the field" as if it is a fact that I am disputing.

If Manning gets the right matchup and coverage he will throw to his side of the field.

He is not going to forfeit that side of the field

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a reasonable statement I can agree with. And most QB's will not take that chance as it is a low % play.

It's the added cockiness of "test sherm or forfeit the right side of the field" as if it is a fact that I am disputing.

If Manning gets the right matchup and coverage he will throw to his side of the field.

He is not going to forfeit that side of the field

I agree with that. Peyton will find the best matchup given he has time. If it's Welker running a slant route against Sherman, he will throw the ball if he thinks it's there.

Peyton is on another level. No matter how good Seattle's secondary is, I suspect Peyton will find open receivers. He's that good.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
provide a link to this information

You keep asking for that. I guess your google is broken.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/23/refo-cardinals-seahawks-week-16/
Quarterbacks continue to test Richard Sherman and he just keeps making them pay. In this one, both passes thrown into his primary coverage ended up in his hands instead of those of the intended target, not an easy task working against the likes of Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Floyd. Not only does the Seahawk now lead the league in interceptions with eight, he’s done it in the fewest targets; no CB who has played at least 150 snaps has been targeted less frequently than Sherman, as QBs have gone his way just once every 9.2 snaps in coverage. As long as he’s shutting opposing receivers down like he’s done to this point, Seattle will take the penalties that go along with his physical play. The two flags for defensive pass interference were about the only negatives on another strong day for Sherman.
Richard Sherman Proved Why He Is The Best CB [BLOG] « CBS Detroit
5 Reasons We Can't Blame Richard Sherman for 'Talkin a Little Trash' - Forbes

I originally heard it from Jason La Canfora and hear Peter King reference it both on regular weekly segments on sports radio KJR.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. Peyton will find the best matchup given he has time. If it's Welker running a slant route against Sherman, he will throw the ball if he thinks it's there.

Peyton is on another level. No matter how good Seattle's secondary is, I suspect Peyton will find open receivers. He's that good.

This is all we have been saying. Manning will take what they give him and call the play with the best chance of success. Even if he audibles to a run.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/23/refo-cardinals-seahawks-week-16/

I originally heard it from Jason La Canfora and hear Peter King reference it both on regular weekly segments on sports radio KJR.

Again, that is just a summary of all teams they played this season. That is like saying that average QB they played is equal to Manning.

Are you really saying Manning is the same as all the QB's the Seahawks played this year?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all we have been saying. Manning will take what they give him and call the play with the best chance of success. Even if he audibles to a run.

The only thing I will say; as much as it pains me to, is that Seattle's defense is great. Peyton has never seen a defense this complete. The Niners front 7 is probably the best but Seattle's isn't far behind and their secondary is lights out.

It's gonna be a chess match and Peyton is the guy that can put them at checkmate but it's not guaranteed.

Good luck.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then post the data from it yourself if you like the data they suggest. Telling someone else to go pay money to see what you are saying is stupid and not one person ever in the history of earth has done so. I mean really.
Seattle fans never provide links to back up facts.
Oh they don't? Read the ones above, including from the very site you suggest others pay to read what you claim is metrics that support your assertion over who is the best CB.

Really I don't care who you like better. Bailey is a top notch CB and has been so for a long time. Revis has been solid for several years. Peterson had a great year. Fans of all of them might claim they had the best year. There are too many stats people can key on and lots of intangibles to look at like Revis often shadows a player more. At their level they are all shut down corners and can put fear in almost all QB's.

I've been saying all along that I expect Manning to still move the ball and get scores. I haven't once dissed him or suggested he won't find ways of doing what he has done better than any QB in our era. I've also said I am leaning toward Denver winning, but yet you and your other Bronco fan are starting to put words in my mouth and lump me in with other Seattle fans who may not be as respectful.

I read somewhere that this is the highest rated offense vs the highest rated defense in terms of the top 5 measures in the modern era. It is the game everyone wanted. I'm not sure why both sides can't respect their opponent and just look forward to a great game and hope it's an instant classic that doesn't have injuries or major blown calls down the stretch.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that is just a summary of all teams they played this season. That is like saying that average QB they played is equal to Manning.

Are you really saying Manning is the same as all the QB's the Seahawks played this year?

Wow, just wow. I don't get why you and your fellow bronco fan are trolling, but it's not becoming obvious.

kwit has now asked for proof that Sherman was thrown at less than any other cb and had more INTS still than anyone else across two threads. You said no seattle fan backs up their claims with links. I provide one, and then you ask if I was making any kind of statement about Manning? :wtf: I'm convinced you are trolling now.

How on earth is backing up a statement made about what kind of season he had saying ANYTHING about Manning? I have not EVER said a bad thing about him. I very much admire him and his career. I told you I was in awe of him in our preseason game watching him move the ball down the field.

This whole thing started because another poster asked a question about if manning would test sherman or ignore that side of the field. I didn't pose that and never once suggested manning wasn't good enough to know when it was advantageous to go there. Not once.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I will say; as much as it pains me to, is that Seattle's defense is great. Peyton has never seen a defense this complete. The Niners front 7 is probably the best but Seattle's isn't far behind and their secondary is lights out.

It's gonna be a chess match and Peyton is the guy that can put them at checkmate but it's not guaranteed.

Good luck.

Fair enough and on the same token, Seattle has not faced an Offense this good all season.

The average scoring offense was 19th with only 3 teams in th etop 16, and New Orleans the highest ranked D at #10.

They played 4 of the 5 worst offenses in the league and the rest in the bottom half.

Thats a lot of crappy QBs.

And Denver averaged 10 PPG more than any other team in the league.

That is a huge disparity in comparison. No one was anywhere close to being this good on offense.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck.

Manning has faced better defenses than this for sure-Ravens etc...and last years Niners defense wasn't all that great either at the end last year or this year..and last years superior SF defense lost to an offense that wasn't as Superior as this Manning lead Broncos offense.

Chess match ? Seattle is only hoping they can keep up with the head spinning Manning will cause to this cocky,young defense

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they are just worried about the mugging the receiver will get from shermie...that's a far more common theme than interceptions. By the hawks own admission, they plan their play like that expecting that they will only get flagged a small percent of the time. I bet if he got flagged for every PI, then the majority of passes would go his way. Sherm reminds me of Ocho Stinko, a good player (with a big mouth), but not nearly as good as he thinks he is.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, just wow. I don't get why you and your fellow bronco fan are trolling, but it's not becoming obvious.

kwit has now asked for proof that Sherman was thrown at less than any other cb and had more INTS still than anyone else across two threads. You said no seattle fan backs up their claims with links. I provide one, and then you ask if I was making any kind of statement about Manning? :wtf: I'm convinced you are trolling now.

How on earth is backing up a statement made about what kind of season he had saying ANYTHING about Manning? I have not EVER said a bad thing about him. I very much admire him and his career. I told you I was in awe of him in our preseason game watching him move the ball down the field.

This whole thing started because another poster asked a question about if manning would test sherman or ignore that side of the field. I didn't pose that and never once suggested manning wasn't good enough to know when it was advantageous to go there. Not once.

I don't think you know what trolling means.

If I come to the Seahawks board, and start a thread with antagonistic remarks designed to get a rise out of you, that would be trolling.

Since this is a general message board for all teams, I don't consider the OP to be trolling, but the context of it probably would be considered trolling by some.

Me responding to direct posts about a topic on a general board would not be considered trolling.

Lesson over. You get an F.

Or "Needs Improvement" if you are too sensitive.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough and on the same token, Seattle has not faced an Offense this good all season.

The average scoring offense was 19th with only 3 teams in th etop 16, and New Orleans the highest ranked D at #10.

They played 4 of the 5 worst offenses in the league and the rest in the bottom half.

Thats a lot of crappy QBs.

And Denver averaged 10 PPG more than any other team in the league.

That is a huge disparity in comparison. No one was anywhere close to being this good on offense.

of course no one on tv talks about this at all because they have to put a positive spin on everything but this stat may well speak volumes come game time.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning has faced better defenses than this for sure-Ravens etc...and last years Niners defense wasn't all that great either at the end last year or this year..and last years superior SF defense lost to an offense that wasn't as Superior as this Manning lead Broncos offense.

Chess match ? Seattle is only hoping they can keep up with the head spinning Manning will cause to this cocky,young defense

Lol. You love trolling the NFCW. Grip up and take hold of reality, bro.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they are just worried about the mugging the receiver will get from shermie...that's a far more common theme than interceptions. By the hawks own admission, they plan their play like that expecting that they will only get flagged a small percent of the time. I bet if he got flagged for every PI, then the majority of passes would go his way. Sherm reminds me of Ocho Stinko, a good player (with a big mouth), but not nearly as good as he thinks he is.
Yes, Seattle is intentionally physical and punishing. The team was built that way. You don't think Sherman is good and that's fine. You asked for proof of the stat another poster first suggested and I gave it to. You could man up and thank me for doing your work for you.
I don't think you know what trolling means.

If I come to the Seahawks board, and start a thread with antagonistic remarks designed to get a rise out of you, that would be trolling.

Since this is a general message board for all teams, I don't consider the OP to be trolling, but the context of it probably would be considered trolling by some.

Me responding to direct posts about a topic on a general board would not be considered trolling.

Lesson over. You get an F.

Or "Needs Improvement" if you are too sensitive.
If you keep on saying things that aren't true, knowing they aren't true that is also a form of trolling. I do love that you can harp on that and ignore the entire section where I both praise your QB and admit there were at least 4 really good CB's in the league this year that could claim top status. This is why I say you and your pal are trolling. You only make comments on the negative without giving any credit for the positive. Seems clear to me you are only looking to get a rise out of our fans at all cost.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You love trolling the NFCW. Grip up and take hold of reality, bro.

what I said makes complete ,logical ,historical sense and again you have no valid counterpoint.

it has nothing at all to do with NFC-anything. Its about talking about one team at this present moment in time and the game and team they are playing against.