• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hill experiment should be officially over!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are screwed at the QB position 'till at least 2016 unless we pull off an amazing trade. The best available FA on the market next season is Hoyer (yuk). Sam Bradford will get another shot next season and prolly under Brian Schitty's coordinating. It sucks, but Jeff Fisher is building the defense FIRST. I would like to see them to seriously take a look at Hundley (UCLA) in the draft. I think he will be there as we will be getting another 10-15 pick.

We could possibly nab Hundley in the second round. Where we will likely draft in the first round, there won't be any QB's available unless Connor Cook of MSU changes his mind and ends up declaring for the draft.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis threw a pick 6 in the Dallas game putting the Rams behind by 10.

He made bad decisions and mistakes during 3 quarters against Philly and then Philly started to play prevent defense up 34-7 in the 4th which allowed Rams to come back.

He threw another pick 6 to end the game against the 49ers.

That is the proof that Davis should not be a starting QB in the NFL. He makes too many mistakes and can't read NFL defenses. He showed some promise in some games but once NFL defensive coordinators got to see his weakness as a QB they just started to confuse him.

Unfortunately, Hill is not any better and that is why the Rams are a 4-7 team and I just hope they
take a QB in the draft.

Well Ramfan thank you for only looking at the end results! You seem to neglect why Davis throws these pick 6's, the Dallas game we were up 21-0, Davis should have NEVER been put in the position of having to try to make something happen, the Defense lost that game, not Davis. Also in that game Cook dropped about the easiest TD catch of his life, again I guess that was Davis's fault, Cook catches that TD, Davis doesn't have to throw late and that pick 6 doesn't happen.

Philly game, I'm sorry but Davis didn't throw for 375 yards and 3 TD's with 0 interceptions all in the 4th quarter, he played well for most of the game.

The first SF game, the refs called a horrible pass interference call on Cook after Cook caught a 20 yard pass that got us to the SF 35 yard line. If the refs don't call that non penalty we probably have the ball the rest of the half and the Brandon Lloyd 80 yard TD pass that the DEFENSE gave up doesn't happen, we are up by 3 scores at halftime. Again the Defense continued to give up big plays and points and again, puts Davis in a position where he has to try to make things happen.

Davis is a fairly mobile QB something we haven't had in years, but his oline still sucks, Davis pretty much is among the league leaders in getting sacked, part of that is he holds onto the ball to long trying to make something happen, but most of it is that his oline isn't giving him any protection what so ever.

So all these things considered, Davis has played very well and deserves the chance to see if he can improve the rest of the year?

As others have stated, all QB's throw picks, Rivers 99yard pick wasn't real smart either, was it? Eli Manning threw 5 int last week that cost them the win against SF, Brees also had two Hugh turnovers against SF, that cost NO the win. Do you see a pattern here, SF's defense is pretty good, even so called experienced, veteran, great decision making QB's

Shit happens, give the young guy credit for getting us the wins we do have, and having us in games where we have a chance to win. And again I will continue to say it, if the defense doesn't let him down, Davis would be 6-2 as our starter!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is baaaaaaaack! Thank God the Hill experiment is over!

I hope all the fans on here calling for Hill to be our starter because he is a savvy, smart, veteran QB that moves the chains, are happy. Davis and Hill both had 3-5 records as starters.

Davis did it against tougher teams!

Davis played without the defense that Hill had the second half of the season, that's right the same defense that cost Davis and the Rams a couple of wins. Then the defense in the second half more or less won a couple of games for Hill.

As far as the "great chain mover" Hill had 6 drives of 70 or more yards in 8 games, and one of those so called drives was a 89 yard run by Mason, so Hill really had nothing to do with that. Hill led us to 15 offensive TD's, 8 of those came in the back to back shutouts where our defense gave the offense great field position and controlled the game.

Davis had 12 drives of at least 70 yards, and led us to 16 offensive TD's without the defense helping out much the first half of the season.

Oh and then there is the small fact that our oline started playing better right after Hill became QB. Now some of you that don't have a clue will say that's because Hill made them better. not true, it just so happens that's about the time Robinson became a starter, and the oline was shuffled a little bit, Davis dint have that luxury.

Better defensive play when Davis was in there, we probably win at least 2 more games, if not 3. As far as the second half, the Rams still would have won the Denver, Oak, and Washington games. There is a good chance we also win the SD game with Davis. Not sure we would have won either the Ari or Sea games, but we had a better chance, Davis proved he moves this team better than Hill did!

So, if D played better early and if Fisher doesn't make that move we finish with at least 9 wins with a young QB that shows a little promise.

A small amount of you will argue, but please tell me what we proved by having Hill finish out the season? At least with Davis he might have come around and shown enough to "possibly" be our starter, worse case he shows he has enough to be our backup or possible starter until we can find someone else. Then we go into next year knowing one thing, that we have a starter, or a capable backup, now we have neither?

And enough with the pick 6 talk. P. Manning holds the record with 6 pick 6's in a season. Marino threw at least 5 in two different seasons, Warner threw 4 one year, Favre threw at least 4 in three different years.
Davis isn't in the class of any of these guys, except that he broke all of Farves records in college, but he is young and still learning, at least he was until he was benched where he was learning NOTHING!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins wants traded if RGIII is named the started going into OTA's. Bradford may end up in Buffalo as well. Orton uncerimoniously retired today and Buffalo is looking for a QB.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins wants traded if RGIII is named the started going into OTA's. Bradford may end up in Buffalo as well. Orton uncerimoniously retired today and Buffalo is looking for a QB.

I really dont see any other team taking a chance with an injury prone QB, only we do that:noidea:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo gives Bradford a look/see especially when the Rams begin telling him he has to take a pay cut to return.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo gives Bradford a look/see especially when the Rams begin telling him he has to take a pay cut to return.

He's going to take a pay cut no matter where he goes. It's not like Buffalo is going to trade for that contract. The only way he goes elsewhere is if he is cut, which means no more big contract. Then he can choose whether to go elsewhere or stay where he is already comfortable. I guess that comes down to how upset he gets over getting cut.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Rams cutting Bradford guys. Unless they know his knee won't be better. That would leave them with no QB? If he doesn't restructure I bet they pay him. I don't think they have a choice honestly.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Rams cutting Bradford guys. Unless they know his knee won't be better. That would leave them with no QB? If he doesn't restructure I bet they pay him. I don't think they have a choice honestly.

:puzzled:

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is a terrible starting QB and Davis is a terrible starting QB, those are the facts and that is why the Rams were 6-10. Neither will be starting again in the NFL after this year.

Even mentioning Davis in the same sentence as Marino, Favre and Manning is an insult to those Hall of Fame QBs . Fisher gave Davis a chance and obviously did not like the results so he replaced him with Hill who turned out to be an old QB with a very weak arm.

This season was lost in the off season when the Rams did not sign a very good backup QB knowing that Bradford is a fragile QB and could get hurt again. I am hoping they have learned their lesson and will either draft a QB or sign a more capable backup if they decide to stay with Bradford.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is a terrible starting QB and Davis is a terrible starting QB, those are the facts and that is why the Rams were 6-10. Neither will be starting again in the NFL after this year.

Even mentioning Davis in the same sentence as Marino, Favre and Manning is an insult to those Hall of Fame QBs . Fisher gave Davis a chance and obviously did not like the results so he replaced him with Hill who turned out to be an old QB with a very weak arm.

This season was lost in the off season when the Rams did not sign a very good backup QB knowing that Bradford is a fragile QB and could get hurt again. I am hoping they have learned their lesson and will either draft a QB or sign a more capable backup if they decide to stay with Bradford.

Agreed. We definitely should have taken a QB in one of those middle rounds this past draft. While they wouldn't have been anything great, it still probably would have been better than what we ended up with.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. We definitely should have taken a QB in one of those middle rounds this past draft. While they wouldn't have been anything great, it still probably would have been better than what we ended up with.

It's a fine line though. Fisher and Snead gambled that Bradford wouldn't have a knee injury again. That was Bradford's first knee injury so there was no reason to think it would happen again. Should we have taken a QB in the draft last year?? Absolutely not. Derrk Carr was taken in the second round in front of us so we couldn't pick him. Jimmy Garoppolo was taken at the end of the second round by the patriots who don't have a lot of holes to fill on the roster. Does Jimmy save our season? We took Lamarcus Joyner who will be a good player in the league for years to come and filled a much needed hole in the D. No team took a quarterback in the third round. We took Trey Mason once again very good pick. In the fourth round two quarterbacks were taken. Logan Thomas who sucks and Tom Savage?? We took Maurice Alexander. Anyone want to trade Alexander for Logan Thomas?? We had two picks in the 5th we took EJ Gains who will probably be our starting CB next year and then we wasted a pic on a quarterback who is no longer with the team. So if you ask me the Rams got the draft right last year. :clap:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless one of the QB's fall to us in the 1st I hope they have the same strategy in this draft. They should look for a better back up on the FA at Market. Where is Rex Grossman?? He's a pretty good game manager.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I witnessed Shaun Hill throw a INT to a DT on sunday.

Did Hill have ANY red zone TD's this entire year versus a good defense?

He's awful. Moving on..

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WHo the hell is comparing? I've seen it all now:L..... All I can say is Davis knows our system and we are stupid if we dont re-sign him. Good qbs are becoming scarce!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will offer him a new contract to sign, if he doesnt like it and refuses to sign it, then BAM! See ya later Okie Sooner!!

If this does happen?....It could be a sad day for you Couger! Oh my, your Golden boy will be gone!!...whatever will you do? :bawling::drink:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHo the hell is comparing? I've seen it all now:L..... All I can say is Davis knows our system and we are stupid if we dont re-sign him. Good qbs are becoming scarce!

If Davis is anything more than a backup going into 2015, the Rams have screwed up the offseason unless he's a bridge to a highly drafted QB of the future. He does have value for depth for sure.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Davis is anything more than a backup going into 2015, the Rams have screwed up the offseason unless he's a bridge to a highly drafted QB of the future. He does have value for depth for sure.

Back-up material?... for sure! ......Future starter?... he could very well be!

.... Future Hall of Famer?
:drink: :doobs:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will offer him a new contract to sign, if he doesnt like it and refuses to sign it, then BAM! See ya later Okie Sooner!!

If this does happen?....It could be a sad day for you Couger! Oh my, your Golden boy will be gone!!...whatever will you do? :bawling::drink:

It will be sad lol. We won't have a QB and are screwed. :bawling: they better make him a decent offer because plenty of teams will. I'm guessing 7m a year with incentives Would be a fair offer.