• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hill experiment should be officially over!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine... It was THE play. Huge. And a rookie mistake.

Period end of short story. He's a decent backup at best.

And he wasn't going against a top tier defense either.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is going to point to
Penalties and Hill will keep starting watch

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually SJ76, SD Defense overall is rated, I believe 7th and ours is rated 10th.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, it was one play. One play that did us in.

Damn... and here I thought you coming around to football as a team sport would last at least longer that one week. Wishful thinking, I suppose. :noidea:

Is that the "only" play you watched, I'm kind of thinking his fumble that was returned for a TD, helped do us in, along with the other horrible interception that he threw.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem was that Bradford always was like a china doll even in college. He has all the talent to be a great NFL QB but he just can't take any hits.

Bradford's injuries : Two seperated shoulders in college in the same season, played one game that season.

Ankle injury in 2010 : misses 8 games

Knee injury 2012 : misses 10 games

Knee injury 2013 : misses entire season 16 games.

Exactly why would you pay a QB 50 million in guaranteed money for that ?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just face the facts, Hill is terrible and Davis is terrible as starting QB's in the NFL. Neither will ever start another game in the NFL after this season.

The Rams just have to draft a QB and then see if Bradford wants to take a pay cut and try one more season while the rookie QB develops or if the Rams just cut him and then find another experienced backup in free agency.

Time to move on from these QB's that make stupid mistakes every game.

If Bradford is our starting QB next year we will be taking a step back yet again. You can't go into a season depending on QB that has never gone through a whole season without being hurt and has NEVER done

I don't know what your definition of terrible is, but Davis isn't terrible, with any kind of defense early in the year Davis would have been 6-2 as our starting QB, please explain to me how that is terrible? He has played well behind our shitty oline, and has also had to endure our constant penalties putting him in 3rd and long situations. His stats are better than anything Bradford ever put up and they would actually be better if our defense didn't suck so bad early where Davis had to try and bring us back. Those issues can make any QB look bad, ask Peyton Manning last week? you put ANY QB in bad situations, bad things will happen!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caynine... It was THE play. Huge. And a rookie mistake.

Period end of short story. He's a decent backup at best.

And he wasn't going against a top tier defense either.

You seem to be under the impression that I disagree with you here. Lol.

Hill did just fine against Denver's #5 ranked defense (5th does qualify as top tier), but all of a sudden he's a rookie against San Diego's 9th (which isn't all too shabby, in itself)? Obviously the QB current QB situation simply doesn't offer the answer for this team... but it's not the #1 problem, either. I get it though. Under Hill... "Hill Bad". Under Davis... "Offense Bad".

The most puzzling thing to me is that you seem to think that there's a QB on the roster that is going to "win us games", when it's pretty evident that that couldn't be further from the truth.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the "only" play you watched, I'm kind of thinking his fumble that was returned for a TD, helped do us in, along with the other horrible interception that he threw.

Saw that one, too. But at this point, you're just listing the things that happened to both Hill and Davis. Like I said to SJ, you seem to think that there's a QB on this roster that's going to win us games, when it's pretty evident that that's not the case.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well guys, we're out of experiments. No more QBs to test this season.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that one, too. But at this point, you're just listing the things that happened to both Hill and Davis. Like I said to SJ, you seem to think that there's a QB on this roster that's going to win us games, when it's pretty evident that that's not the case.

Again, are you going to disagree that if the defense doesn't blow up against SF, Dalls, and Philly, Davis would be 6-2 as our starting QB. He played well overall in the 8 games that he played, we gave Bradford what 5 years to prove he doesn't suck, and your only willing to give Davis 8 games? Except for a couple of bad throws in the KC and Arizona game which he made "trying" to get us back in the game after the defense again played poorly, are you saying he, didn't play well enough to have us at 6-2 in those starts?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings. Lol

San Diego is not San Fran D. Not AZ defense. Not even KC defense.

Look at the numbers all you want.

He made a rookie mistake.
The end

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is not a starting QB in the NFL, he does not read defenses well and makes mistakes. Look back at the video of each game that he played, there was a reason that the Rams lost those games.

The problem is that after this game, Hill is not a starting QB either so the Rams are left with a choice between 2 QB's who should not be starting in the NFL.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is not a starting QB in the NFL, he does not read defenses well and makes mistakes. Look back at the video of each game that he played, there was a reason that the Rams lost those games.

The problem is that after this game, Hill is not a starting QB either so the Rams are left with a choice between 2 QB's who should not be starting in the NFL.

I really don't know what you are seeing in these "video's ? Yes he made some mistakes in the KC and the Arizona games, the other three losses the Rams had when Davis started he didn't make those mistakes, the Defense lost those three games, Davis played well in all three of those loses, so please do tell, how he lost those games!

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are screwed at the QB position 'till at least 2016 unless we pull off an amazing trade. The best available FA on the market next season is Hoyer (yuk). Sam Bradford will get another shot next season and prolly under Brian Schitty's coordinating. It sucks, but Jeff Fisher is building the defense FIRST. I would like to see them to seriously take a look at Hundley (UCLA) in the draft. I think he will be there as we will be getting another 10-15 pick.

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis threw a pick 6 in the Dallas game putting the Rams behind by 10.

He made bad decisions and mistakes during 3 quarters against Philly and then Philly started to play prevent defense up 34-7 in the 4th which allowed Rams to come back.

He threw another pick 6 to end the game against the 49ers.

That is the proof that Davis should not be a starting QB in the NFL. He makes too many mistakes and can't read NFL defenses. He showed some promise in some games but once NFL defensive coordinators got to see his weakness as a QB they just started to confuse him.

Unfortunately, Hill is not any better and that is why the Rams are a 4-7 team and I just hope they take a QB in the draft.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Davis made some rookie mistakes too. But this year was his first shot. He's not a 34 year old career back up that's been sitting around for a decade watching/learning.

Davis will either learn from these mistakes and improve or he will stay at a level where he's back-up material.

If you continue to ignore the level of defenses the kid faced, then I can't help you understand.

That is the proof that Davis should not be a starting QB in the NFL. He
makes too many mistakes and can't read NFL defenses.

Many QB's are having trouble reading AZ and San Fran's defenses. Look at RG3 yesterday. Matt Stafford last week. And I believe Davis started in the win versus the 49ers on the road.

Phillip Rivers threw a pick 6 yesterday.. But he showed fire and he bounced back. Any Rivers, Favre type that pulls the trigger is going to make mistakes. and early in their career it happened a lot in some games.

I don't understand how some of you can be patient with a 34 year old back up, but a QB starting for the first time - you want to label him so fast?

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis threw a pick 6 in the Dallas game putting the Rams behind by 10.

He made bad decisions and mistakes during 3 quarters against Philly and then Philly started to play prevent defense up 34-7 in the 4th which allowed Rams to come back.

He threw another pick 6 to end the game against the 49ers.

That is the proof that Davis should not be a starting QB in the NFL. He makes too many mistakes and can't read NFL defenses. He showed some promise in some games but once NFL defensive coordinators got to see his weakness as a QB they just started to confuse him.

Unfortunately, Hill is not any better and that is why the Rams are a 4-7 team and I just hope they take a QB in the draft.

Davis is 25
Hill is 34

I don't know why you are saying a 25 year old Davis (who is getting his first shot) shouldn't be playing in the NFL. He is young and inexperienced. The only way to learn is by playing. You don't learn anything watching on the side lines. How did you learn to ride a bike? By riding it or by watching friends? Same thing applies here. Davis didn't light up the board but his numbers aren't bad.

180/234 63.4% 2001 12 TD 9 INT and 3-5 has a starter. Not bad for a first time starter. He had two bad games against Philly and San Fran. Bradford had some bad guys his rookie season. So I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for Davis to do.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is 25
Hill is 34

I don't know why you are saying a 25 year old Davis (who is getting his first shot) shouldn't be playing in the NFL. He is young and inexperienced. The only way to learn is by playing. You don't learn anything watching on the side lines. How did you learn to ride a bike? By riding it or by watching friends? Same thing applies here. Davis didn't light up the board but his numbers aren't bad.

180/234 63.4% 2001 12 TD 9 INT and 3-5 has a starter. Not bad for a first time starter. He had two bad games against Philly and San Fran. Bradford had some bad guys his rookie season. So I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for Davis to do.

Thank you Shane for seeing the big picture! Some of these Davis haters are only seeing the end results and not why these results happened! davis actually had a good game against Philly, it wasn't all against prevent defense as some people with blinders on seem to think, he had 375 yards passing with 3 TD and 0 interceptions, that wasn't all done in the 4th quarter as a certain someone claims! Against SF he played ok, he threw the interception with 1:00 to go and they were starting from like their own 5 yard line, I'm sorry but Peyton Manning would have a tough time pulling that game out!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis should indeed at least get a shot next spring to battle for A starting job, just not in St Louis. He is a FA and I think you might see him in Buffalo,Washington,Houston or somewhere like that battling for a spot.However, my personal preference is to release Bradford and use the money to sign Brian Hoyer and Mike Iupati and then draft either Brett Hundley or Bryce Petty. In that case the 3 QB's we would have active would be Hoyer,Keenum and Hundley/Petty and then when we draft the RT to go with Robinson in the draft we would have an O line of Robinson,Saffold,Jones,Iupati,rookie RT. Me likey... just saying