• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaun Hill experiment should be officially over!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all of you that said Hill was an experienced, veteran, quick decision making, smart QB, please tell me now, what the difference is between him and the "fumble and interception" prone Davis.

Bottom line, he is looking EXACTLY like Davis, you know why, because he is getting pressured now, he is behind in the score, do you get it now!

Davis might not be the answer but he might be and we will not know if he is on the bench! We do know that Hill is NOT the answer. We can win a few more games this year with Hill or Davis, so if all things are equal, go with the young guy and see what you have in him, PERIOD.

I'm writing this as we trail 20-10, we might come back and win this yet, but it won't be because Hill is better than Davis! And actually we just scored with Austin, but our special teams got us that TD, just as our defense got us our first TD. In 3 quarters Hill has gotten us 3 points, that is what Hill does, do I think we would have more points if Davis was in there, yes I do!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to put him in. Rams are playing for next year now

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I really wanted Hill to get us in the end zone there, after all am a Ram fan first!

I really do want to hear from the people that said this QB change was the right move, I want to hear how Hills decision making, his experience, and leadership is really what we need right now. Bottom line is, he still didn't get pressured in this game as much as Davis had been.

That was a horrible decision to throw the ball over the middle at the goal line, he never even looked off of Britt, he has fallen in love with Britt? Bad bad Decision!
In two games Hill has led us to one TD! You really think that's better than Davis was doing!

I think not, I know not! The proof is in the pudding!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to put him in. Rams are playing for next year now

Rams were playing for next year before this game! That's why you stick with Davis to see if "maybe" he comes through and is your QB for next year, so that maybe you don't have to start allover with a new QB.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is very loyal. I think he knows it wasn't Hill's fault.

Horrible play calling.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed55, thanks for titling this thread nearly identical to the other thread about the Davis experiment.

You are correct. It was a mistake switching to Shaun Hill and he should be benched. Davis is the better option and while he may not be our future, it would be nice to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. If that is not possible, I'd like for the Rams to resign him.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed55, thanks for titling this thread nearly identical to the other thread about the Davis experiment.

You are correct. It was a mistake switching to Shaun Hill and he should be benched. Davis is the better option and while he may not be our future, it would be nice to get a 3rd or 4th rounder for him. If that is not possible, I'd like for the Rams to resign him.

Thanks Shane, true Davis may not be our future, but as I keep saying how are we going to know that with him on the bench? If our defense doesn't give up 3 games, Davis is 6-2 as our starter and we would be in the playoff hunt still,

BUT WE ARE NOT:gaah:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher can't go back and forth cuz he will look stupid. It's like Obama saying you can keep your doctor if u like him n:whistle:

When does Hill get a shot at the AZ defense. Hell if it weren't for Bailey, Hill would not have even had a chance.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Play calling period by a perfect defensive call. Give the Chargers some credit

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can throw on 2nd and goal from the 7 yard line DOWN 3 POINTS. Just don't be a dippy and throw a pick. He's a Vet too. No excuse.

Personally I would run, but a pass doesn't break my heart because you are only down 3.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Hill threw an INT to end the game today. He also threw 2 deep balls and 3 TD passes called back by penalties.

Yeah... I'm still cool with Hill. Then again... I still stand by the assertion that it doesn't really matter anyway.

The "Johnny Hekker Experiment" should commence, post haste!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. I get what you're saying SJ but I still do not agree w the call. I think you run run run and make sd use all of their timeouts just Incase they manage to get the ball back. Either way you score either a td or a FG. You don't give sd the ball back with time and timeouts

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaun Hill threw an INT to end the game today. He also threw 2 deep balls and 3 TD passes called back by penalties.

Yeah... I'm still cool with Hill. Then again... I still stand by the assertion that it doesn't really matter anyway.

The "Johnny Hekker Experiment" should commence, post haste!

Well of course you are going to still stand behind your guy, I don't think you can count the non TD to Bailey as a TD that he didn't get, because he still connected with Bailey on that same drive for a TD. Plus the one called back was a Horrendous throw that Bailey made a great catch on. Maybe those penalties allowed Hill to have the time to throw those other non TDs.

Oh and you didnt mention the fumble for a defensive TD. And Hill was still no where near under the pressure that Davis has gotten all year!

Bottom-line, that was about as bad of an interception anyone could possibly throw in that situation, especially for an "experienced" QB.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canine don't BS. Bailey made some stupid catches on average throws man.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hill wasn't even going against a AZ or San Fran defense.

All he had to do was throw it away. That was a rookie mistake big time.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course you are going to still stand behind your guy, I don't think you can count the non TD to Bailey as a TD that he didn't get, because he still connected with Bailey on that same drive for a TD. Plus the one called back was a Horrendous throw that Bailey made a great catch on. Maybe those penalties allowed Hill to have the time to throw those other non TDs.

Oh and you didnt mention the fumble for a defensive TD. And Hill was still no where near under the pressure that Davis has gotten all year!

Bottom-line, that was about as bad of an interception anyone could possibly throw in that situation, especially for an "experienced" QB.

The penalties didn't affect the throw on any of those passes. They were all 100% unnecessary. Hill played like a backup today. The offense as a whole underwhelmed. Just like I believe that Davis would have won last week... I believe he would have lost this week, as well.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Hill wasn't even going against a AZ or San Fran defense.

All he had to do was throw it away. That was a rookie mistake big time.

So, it was one play. One play that did us in.

Damn... and here I thought you coming around to football as a team sport would last at least longer that one week. Wishful thinking, I suppose. :noidea:

RamsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's just face the facts, Hill is terrible and Davis is terrible as starting QB's in the NFL. Neither will ever start another game in the NFL after this season.

The Rams just have to draft a QB and then see if Bradford wants to take a pay cut and try one more season while the rookie QB develops or if the Rams just cut him and then find another experienced backup in free agency.

Time to move on from these QB's that make stupid mistakes every game.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams fan that is more like it. :lol:

My girl friend and I are watching Cowboys game..

GF: "tony romo is just a douche. I don't know why.. But he's a douchebag."

Me: "bigger douche than Bradford?"

GF: "Bradford is a pussy. Big difference between a douche and a pussy."

Me: lol