• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq: Dwight couldn't handle LA

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that say its more pressure to play for the Lakers subscribe to the theory that other teams dont set high expectations and demand excellence. I find that hard to believe that the Lakers are the only team that has that expectation.

I'm not going to say that other teams and their fans don't demand excellence, but it's not the same level of excellence. Other teams hang Division Championship banners and Conference Champion Banners, the Lakers only hang NBA championship banners. Nothing else is considered good enough.

With the difference between the number of championships that the Lakers have vs. other franchises (except Boston) there is obviously something different about the Lakers vs. other teams.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to say that other teams and their fans don't demand excellence, but it's not the same level of excellence. Other teams hang Division Championship banners and Conference Champion Banners, the Lakers only hang NBA championship banners. Nothing else is considered good enough.

With the difference between the number of championships that the Lakers have vs. other franchises (except Boston) there is obviously something different about the Lakers vs. other teams.
The difference is the leadership. You guys may see that shortly unless Dr Buss passed on everything to his children......and they listened

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a point of believing what was said. That may or may not be true. I can only look at history to calculate the probability. Like I said Kobe has not denied the rumors which makes me think he did say it but that really doesnt matter. I'm not an expert in body language but I know a lot more than the average person. To try and discount something you dont know about is foolish. Don't hate on that knowledge. Get educated yourself and you too can see what I'm talking about. That was a weak comment and frankly beneath what you normally bring.

Kobe hasn't said anything since before or after the meeting with Dwight!! That's not unusual for Kobe. He said very little during the flap with Shaq back in the day too!! Kobe is notoriously closed mouth with the media. In fact, during this past season, I heard several talk show hosts, etc. saying that was the most they remember Kobe talking to the media in his career (and it was still less than just about everyone else). So Kobe not saying anything is no surprise.

As for body language, I'm no expert either, but I have enough of a counseling background and have enough training in it to know better than to think I can read someone's body language in a few television interviews, most of which only show the person from the shoulders up!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe hasn't said anything since before or after the meeting with Dwight!! That's not unusual for Kobe. He said very little during the flap with Shaq back in the day too!! Kobe is notoriously closed mouth with the media. In fact, during this past season, I heard several talk show hosts, etc. saying that was the most they remember Kobe talking to the media in his career (and it was still less than just about everyone else). So Kobe not saying anything is no surprise.

As for body language, I'm no expert either, but I have enough of a counseling background and have enough training in it to know better than to think I can read someone's body language in a few television interviews, most of which only show the person from the shoulders up!!
Maybe you are right and Kobe is just not addressing it. However, that seems strange that he would not get on twitter and immediately deny it knowing how it would make Howard look if he was actually thinking about signing with LA. Thats a potential franchise killing mistake. With a counseling background you should know that the bulk of the body language is in the area above the waist and usually displayed by the face, arms, and body positioning. Hard to tell in an interview but watch them together on a basketball court.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is the leadership. You guys may see that shortly unless Dr Buss passed on everything to his children......and they listened

The bolded out part is the key!! I think that the majority of Laker fans believe that Jeannie listened and would run things more like her father. It is Short Buss that most Laker fans are concerned about. He seems to be bent on putting his own mark on the franchise.

That can be a good thing or a bad thing, again depending on how well he listened to his Dad. He has said he wants to bring back Showtime!! That would be great and there isn't a Laker fan that wouldn't love that!! Under Phil, the Lakers were boring at times, but the championships made that okay.

The question in most Laker fans minds is whether or not Short Buss has the brains to pull it off (which could mean doing like his Dad and saying "this is what I want" and letting his basketball people do their jobs). So far, early returns are not favorable!! I am, however, willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of seasons because I know that you don't just take a half court oriented team like the Lakers and turn them in to Showtime overnight (and what choice is there? :lol:)!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly successful people understand that being a DIYer is a waste of time and money. Hire the professionals and let them do their job. Know what you want in a professional in terms of integrity, experience, knowledge, and leadership then let them go and get out of the way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are right and Kobe is just not addressing it. However, that seems strange that he would not get on twitter and immediately deny it knowing how it would make Howard look if he was actually thinking about signing with LA. Thats a potential franchise killing mistake. With a counseling background you should know that the bulk of the body language is in the area above the waist and usually displayed by the face, arms, and body positioning. Hard to tell in an interview but watch them together on a basketball court.

It's just how Kobe has always been. I agree that he maybe should have gotten on twitter and denied it, but it just isn't how he has done things throughout his career. I think that alot of his to do with everyone outside of L.A. blaming him for Shaq leaving and the way that the media handled the r*pe accusation. But he has really never addressed any controversy. He seems to just prefer to let it burn itself out (which it usually does pretty quickly). When one thinks about how Lebron still feeds some of the controversy (inadvertently or not) with some of his comments and tweets and the way Dwight has done the same for about 2 years now, maybe Kobe is the smart one.

Body language is pretty much head to toe. Are they constantly moving and shifting in their seat? Appear uncomfortable? Do they avoid eye contact? For that matter, is there too much eye contact? What are they doing with their hands? Are the arms crossed or uncrossed? There is waaay too much involved to think that one can learn or know anything from a t.v. interview.

As for on the court, early on in the season, they looked very uncomfortable. That was to be expected in the best of circumstances (remember the Heat's first season with the big 3?). As the season wore on, Dwight got healthier and the team started learning the offense a little better, they started looking better on the court and the Lakers were winning alot of games that they had been losing earlier. That's why before Kobe got hurt, alot of "pundits", etc. were saying that they may be the best 7 or 8 seed ever.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly successful people understand that being a DIYer is a waste of time and money. Hire the professionals and let them do their job. Know what you want in a professional in terms of integrity, experience, knowledge, and leadership then let them go and get out of the way.

:agree:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq said what he did to make him out as the bigger man and better player. The lakers wont move on until kobe is gone, nobody is gonna gel with kobe to be more than a low seed if they make the playoffs. Shaq could have done more saying he knows how hard it is to deal with kobe instead of kissing laker fans asses by saying what he did.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Body language is pretty much head to toe. Are they constantly moving and shifting in their seat? Appear uncomfortable? Do they avoid eye contact? For that matter, is there too much eye contact? What are they doing with their hands? Are the arms crossed or uncrossed? There is waaay too much involved to think that one can learn or know anything from a t.v. interview.

The only 2 tells I know of below the waist are the direction the feet are pointing and when sitting the crossing of the legs. Do you know any others i am not familiar with?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
montsho, you have absolutely no business being in this thread.

la_g_banners01_576.jpg

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably going to regret this but why? This isnt the Heat Hater thread is it?

No, but your non-stop spew is just a distraction.

46665_561760507178155_637270777_n.jpg

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but your non-stop spew is just a distraction.

46665_561760507178155_637270777_n.jpg
I know you hate being wrong or disagreed with but you should really get used to it. Its a great sign of maturity. Kids and immature adults get easily distracted. I suggest you focus on what you want to say and ignore what I am typing then you wont be distracted. Especially since I wasn't talking to you in the first place.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you hate being wrong or disagreed with but you should really get used to it. Its a great sign of maturity. Kids and immature adults get easily distracted. I suggest you focus on what you want to say and ignore what I am typing then you wont be distracted.

montsho. The Teacher of Wisdom.

lakers_championship_banner_22975big.jpg

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people talk about the pressure of playing in L.A. they are talking about the pressure of playing for the Lakers, not L.A. itself. So yes, it's very much like the pressure of playing for the Cowboys.

Comparing the pressure of playing for the Lakers to playing for the Clippers, is like comparing the pressure of playing for the Cowboys to playing for the Texans. For one franchise, championships are the expectation, for the other they aren't.

All year long out here, all anyone talks about on sports radio, etc. are the Lakers. The Clippers are an afterthought, even with CP3 and Griffin and even with the Clippers hiring Doc. The talk shows are all about how the Lakers can get better again and how quickly. You'd think there was no other NBA team in L.A.

Precisely.

Texan fans are elated to make the playoffs.

In Dallas, it's Super Bowl or nothing.

Tony Romo would not be considered the ultimate choker if he played for someone like Arizona where the level of past success has been raised to such high standards by guys like Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.

Much like where the Clippers have accomplished the most amazing feet for that franchise....back-to-back playoff appearances.

Whereas, back-to-back one-and-dones is a disgrace if you are the Lakers.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
montsho. The Teacher of Wisdom.

lakers_championship_banner_22975big.jpg
At least I can teach something. I'm curious as to why you are posting pics of the Lakers titles? Still living in the past or do you think it bothers me?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least I can teach something. I'm curious as to why you are posting pics of the Lakers titles? Still living in the past or do you think it bothers me?

Oh, I know it bothers you. When are you going to add your third NBA team to your favorites?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely.

Texan fans are elated to make the playoffs.

In Dallas, it's Super Bowl or nothing.

Tony Romo would not be considered the ultimate choker if he played for someone like Arizona where the level of past success has been raised to such high standards by guys like Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.

Much like where the Clippers have accomplished the most amazing feet for that franchise....back-to-back playoff appearances.

Whereas, back-to-back one-and-dones is a disgrace if you are the Lakers.

Having the best center in the league on your team turn down 30 million more than anyone else can offer is a disgrace for the Lakers in and of itself.

Pre- Kobe that just doesn't happen.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know it bothers you. When are you going to add your third NBA team to your favorites?
Really!! I would think a smart guy like you would remember I was a Laker fan during the Magic and Shaq days. Unfortunately you're wrong yet again. When another well run team gets some players I like I will post my 3rd NBA team. Until then the 49ers will have to do.