• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaq: Dwight couldn't handle LA

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I may need to add Houston because I do like Harden and Howard is really getting some hate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only 2 tells I know of below the waist are the direction the feet are pointing and when sitting the crossing of the legs. Do you know any others i am not familiar with?

I've heard, shifting the feet, crossing and uncrossing of legs, tapping feet. I agree that most is pretty much arms on up, but there also cues with feet and legs.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard, shifting the feet, crossing and uncrossing of legs, tapping feet. I agree that most is pretty much arms on up, but there also cues with feet and legs.
I get you. Thanks. I forgot about the tapping. I havent seen that one in awhile.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really!! I would think a smart guy like you would remember I was a Laker fan during the Magic and Shaq days. Unfortunately you're wrong yet again. When another well run team gets some players I like I will post my 3rd NBA team. Until then the 49ers will have to do.

You must spend a fortune on trailer hitches for that bandwagon of yours!!:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist!! :becky:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was perhaps the most dominant center since Wilt. Could add Russell, however he always had a GREAT team to make him look good. That said, Shaq had his problems as well. Couldn't get along with Kobe. Kobe is a great talent, however difficult to play on his team because of the "Black hole" syndrome....ball goes in there and never comes out. IMO, probably better if Shaq stayed out of that one.......Pot; meet kettle.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must spend a fortune on trailer hitches for that bandwagon of yours!!:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist!! :becky:

:lol:

Less expensive tthan buying the custom, platinum plated one for a specific trailer.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Howard had a problem with LA and handling the pressure there. He's been in the media spotlight since he was 17.

I think the bigger issue, something Laker fans have so far proven unable to grasp - is that if you actually LOOK at the Laker organization right now - it's not very attractive.

You have a FO in disarray - Dwight witnessed the internal struggle between Jim and Jeannie.......nobody was listening to his input.......a coach he didn't like........a starting PG at 40........and an aging superstar that doesn't pass the ball in Kobe.........

The only thing they offered him realistically was more money. It was a bad fit from the get go, but Lakers fans are going to be fans and instead of accepting the reality, will shift the blame on to Howard and say "he couldn't handle it"

BULLSHIT.

He could handle it. YOU can't handle that he turned your team down.

Do you just make shit up? What the hell you think Laker fans been talking about the past 2 years? We cant stand Jim Buss and we know he cant run this franchise.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you are right and Kobe is just not addressing it. However, that seems strange that he would not get on twitter and immediately deny it knowing how it would make Howard look if he was actually thinking about signing with LA. Thats a potential franchise killing mistake. With a counseling background you should know that the bulk of the body language is in the area above the waist and usually displayed by the face, arms, and body positioning. Hard to tell in an interview but watch them together on a basketball court.

Franchise killing mistake? Do it cross your mind that maybe he didnt need to address because Howard know what was really said by being in the meeting? The goal was to please Howard, not the media.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you just make shit up? What the hell you think Laker fans been talking about the past 2 years? We cant stand Jim Buss and we know he cant run this franchise.

Yeah, and I completely disagree with starbigd saying that Dwight could handle the pressure in L.A.!! What the hell did Dwight do at any time during the season that showed he could handle the pressure?

When the Lakers were in danger of missing the playoffs and someone needed to step up and be great to get the Lakers to the playoffs, Kobe played some of the best all-around basketball of his career!!

When Kobe got hurt and it was time for Dwight to step up and be great, he responded by getting ejected!!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets make it clear, no one is saying that is the only reason or main reason Howard left, but it did play a part of it

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im talking about the pressure

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franchise killing mistake? Do it cross your mind that maybe he didnt need to address because Howard know what was really said by being in the meeting? The goal was to please Howard, not the media.
Since Howard has proven he cares what people think about him, I would have denied it so everyone knew it was false thereby relieving Howard of that additional pressure of being perceived as a punk for letting Kobe talk to him that way.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the best center in the league on your team turn down 30 million more than anyone else can offer is a disgrace for the Lakers in and of itself.

Pre- Kobe that just doesn't happen.

oh Lord, here we go. it's ALL Kobe's fault...:rollseyes:

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we despondent as a fan base because he opted not to put his name on a Lakers contract? Yes I believe. Do we expect superstars to line up at Staples and put on a Lakers uni? Yes. Do we have as fine as a basketball organization as there has always been? Yes but only until late Doc Buss was still alive. We've heard the inuendos about bro & sis trying to make it work with Kupchak as the primary mouthpiece. But unless you're a fly on a wall with amazing powers, all of it is speculation for this such a sports board to comment about as to exactly how the team is being run.

What Shaq said was right but coming from him it's to be taken with a grain of salt. He seems to have it in for Dwight because of his style of play, envy to some degree, and just his overall demeanor on and off the court. He's being paid to make such comments so it's a free country. Dwight can shut him up by becoming a better player and winning a title, simple.

The Lakers will get through this patch and get back to their contending for a title. My bet is it's within 2 years -- lots needs to happen so it's not far-fetched that it may take longer. As a die-hard Lakers fan, as with most fans of a team, we all want to see our teams win the trophy. With our history we expect to be in the hunt year-in, year-out. If the Heat 3-peat I'll definitely give them their due as no other team has done it since our Lakers in early millenia.

We'll all be paying close attention to see if Dwight made the right move. Expectations just took a major leap when McHale claimed they're now contenders, have the best in/out due in the league, etc. Lakers nation will be greeting D12 with boos when he steps out at Staples I have no doubt -- all fun and games as sports fans. I will give D12 props though on not just taking the max contract which 99% of athletes take these days and do believe he made the right call by choosing the Rockets.

He doesn't need to grow a pair or have thick skin because he's in a secondary tier market. But he may yet have rolled the dice and given Rockets fans a lot of hope since The Dream days. I can only hope Lakers return to their glory days sooner vs. later.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously the pressure of being the man in Los Angeles someday and responsible as a leader was a consideration for Howard, but playing with an aging team that was riddled with injuries the entire season and a front office that didn't know how to choose a a good coach played a part of it. Had Phil Jackson been chosen as head coach, I think the results would have been quite difference. On the other hand, though Kevin McHale is not any better as a coach then D'antoni so Howard is not going to do that much better in Houston other then the fact that the team will play good and win some games. In fact I doubt Howard ever wins a championship now

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is, we don't know WHAT was or was not said because none of us were in the meeting!! If you dislike Kobe and/or the Lakers, then you are going to believe whatever paints him/them in the worst light. If you are a fan of Kobe and/or the Lakers then you are going to believe whatever paints them in the best light.

Bottom line is, none of us know and will likely never know, exactly what was or was not said!! And just because you THINK you can read someone's body language on t.v. doesn't mean that you can. Body language can be very subtle and is fairly complicated.

Of course, you'll probably regale us all with what an expert you are in body language!!

trojanfan, I'm extremely disappointed in you right now. How dare you think logic and reasoning would go far on this forum!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq was perhaps the most dominant center since Wilt. Could add Russell, however he always had a GREAT team to make him look good. That said, Shaq had his problems as well. Couldn't get along with Kobe. Kobe is a great talent, however difficult to play on his team because of the "Black hole" syndrome....ball goes in there and never comes out. IMO, probably better if Shaq stayed out of that one.......Pot; meet kettle.

Not even close. Actually it's Kobe couldn't get along with Shaq, not the other way around. Ask 1,000 Lakers fans in 2002 whose team that was and 999 would say Shaq. Kobe's Mom doesn't count. So you can't honestly be comparing Dwight to Shaq or you have a very short memory.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the best center in the league on your team turn down 30 million more than anyone else can offer is a disgrace for the Lakers in and of itself.

Pre- Kobe that just doesn't happen.

Who exactly is it a "disgrace" to? The fans? Management? Buss family? I guaran-fuckin-tee you that they're already feeling a measure of relief that he left and they didn't do the s&t. If you had listened to LA710am this morning you'd know how wrong you are. Virtually everyone in LA is delighted and relieved that Dwight is out of this town. He's Houston's problem now.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly is it a "disgrace" to? The fans? Management? Buss family? I guaran-fuckin-tee you that they're already feeling a measure of relief that he left and they didn't do the s&t. If you had listened to LA710am this morning you'd know how wrong you are. Virtually everyone in LA is delighted and relieved that Dwight is out of this town. He's Houston's problem now.
Hammers version of sour grapes. :laugh3: Thats what a lot of Laker fans are doing. The smart ones know they missed an opportunity but have moved on and upwards and refuse to look back.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammers version of sour grapes. :laugh3: Thats what a lot of Laker fans are doing. The smart ones know they missed an opportunity but have moved on and upwards and refuse to look back.

Your comprehension skills are virtually nonexistent.