• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shame on you Georgia/HC Richt

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bored with y'all. Amuse yourselves; rack up them thumbs down buttons while I'm away!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bored with y'all. Amuse yourselves; rack up them thumbs down buttons while I'm away!

Translation: I have no response and I'm embarrased to have been caught whining like a little girl about get thumbs down because I'm a shitty poster.

See ya!:laugh3:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, the teams we have lost to in the past 5 years.

2012: Texas A&M
2011: LSU
2010: South Carolina, LSU, Auburn
2009: Nobody
2008: Florida, Utah.

So, 2 maybe 3 if you count Auburn in the past 5 years.

Yet, you leave out other teams like Ole Miss that have tried to run it because "they aren't quality enough", but try to include teams because they run a spread and cherry pick the data.

And hell, Texas A&M was dealt with overall and the no huddle part wasn't even the reason why they won - according to their own OC.

"Cherry picking data" :L

Sorry. I didn't think ole miss running the spread was relative to the argument based upon the fact that they couldn't even beat their dicks with a warm bottle of lotion and a sting record playing in the background. If you want to hang your houndstooth hat on beating scrub ass teams that struggle with the worst of college football, go ahead. I was using information relevant to level of competition.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already saw it. Don't need to go look again. Nice way to divert though!!!

Show it to the world then dumbass. Here's your chance to win an actual argument for the first time if what you say is true.:laugh3:

greennyellOw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious, why should the O be in control? Is it really good for football to have one of the teams be able to control the personnel on the other team?

A couple other questions I asked before ...

Is it harder to be a D player than an O player? In other words, do D players get more tired than O players? I am not sure I know the answer. But if it is yes, then that seems to me that should be considered.

One of the problems I have is with the HUNH teams is that many of them really don't do HUNH ... they just run up to the LOS so that the D can't substitute, and then they look over to the sideline and 20 seconds later they are snapping the ball. Is that manipulating the rules?

Any way, I don't like the fake injuries. I am embarrassed that it was so obvious. But, I am not crazy about CFB being played in a way that it eliminates or reduces their ability for a team to have their players on the field.
In a way yes, the D line exerts more energy than the O line, uphill vs downhill, but not so much for linebackers, corners or safeties who can sit on routes or plug holes. also take into consideration zone vs. man D. Zone gives you the ability to cover a limited area where man you have to take care of your guy. On O the WR and RB are constantly doing 40 yrd dashes and can get tired more quickly than the secondary who can transfer coverage.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cherry picking data" :L

Sorry. I didn't think ole miss running the spread was relative to the argument based upon the fact that they couldn't even beat their dicks with a warm bottle of lotion and a sting record playing in the background. If you want to hang your houndstooth hat on beating scrub ass teams that struggle with the worst of college football, go ahead. I was using information relevant to level of competition.

Ole miss runs the HUNH. So did Auburn and other teams Alabama has beat. I'm not even sure why you mention the spread, it's not a big deal. But I guess any team that can beat Alabama = great, any team that can't = bad.

Kirby Smart has said he'd rather go up against that than the triple option. And Saban has said his comments were misinterpreted. Yet people still go on about it as if it's Alabama's great weakness.

Alabama coach Nick Saban says comments about no-huddle offenses were misinterpreted | al.com

"They weren't going no-huddle on us Saturday," Saban said. "That's the worst we've played all year on defense. So how do you explain that? Maybe we should ask them to go no-huddle. Maybe we'd play better.

Saban paused for a few seconds.

"I think everybody misinterpreted what I said about no-huddle," he said. "I don't mind playing against no-huddle. We don't mind that at all. That wasn't what I said, it's what you all interpreted it to be.
First paragraph was in reference to LSU last year.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole miss runs the HUNH. So did Auburn and other teams Alabama has beat. I'm not even sure why you mention the spread, it's not a big deal. But I guess any team that can beat Alabama = great, any team that can't = bad.

Kirby Smart has said he'd rather go up against that than the triple option. And Saban has said his comments were misinterpreted. Yet people still go on about it as if it's Alabama's great weakness.

Alabama coach Nick Saban says comments about no-huddle offenses were misinterpreted | al.com

First paragraph was in reference to LSU last year.

The flexbone would be even worse schematically for Smart, but because almost no one runs it, and because the teams that do run it will never be talented athletically because of having to recruit for it.....I figured there isn't much point in discussing it.

Teams that suck aren't relevant to my argument because they suck in the first place and couldn't beat Alabama regardless of play calling or scheme. Alabama's offense could have beat them even if their defense let them down.....which they shouldn't because they out talent, experience, and coached them in all aspects. That is why ole miss isn't relative here.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flexbone would be even worse schematically for Smart, but because almost no one runs it, and because the teams that do run it will never be talented athletically because of having to recruit for it.....I figured there isn't much point in discussing it.

Teams that suck aren't relevant to my argument because they suck in the first place and couldn't beat Alabama regardless of play calling or scheme. Alabama's offense could have beat them even if their defense let them down.....which they shouldn't because they out talent, experience, and coached them in all aspects. That is why ole miss isn't relative here.

So what of all the other teams Alabama has lost to or been played hard like LSU who don't run it? Seems like the overall case is talent, not schemes.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As is often the case, a quick video without context doesn't always tell the entire story.

Here is a video of the player that fell down as he WAS INJURED:

Here is the true story:

There's a story on the blog site, "Larry Brown Sports" carrying the headline: Georgia LB Leonard Floyd gets signal to fake injury (video)" that has caused a bit of a stir.

The video appears to back up exactly what the headline charges: That Georgia's defense, seeking to slow the pace and get a breather in Saturday night's game against Clemson, prompted an injury timeout by officials by telling Floyd to drop to the ground. You can see the player look to the sideline first, then go down. This actually is becoming an increasing issue in college football, as defenses look for ways to slow down sped-up, no-huddle offenses.

Georgia coach Mark Richt was asked about the play on his conference call Sunday night and clarified what happen. It wasn't a fake -- at least not a complete fake. Floyd was injured. He said Floyd had been kicked in the groin on that play, and video below appear to back up the coach's take.

But first, here's the coach's comments:

"When a guy is injured he needs to just stay down and not try to drag himself off the field," Richt said. "In the past you'd say, 'be brave and be and be tough and try to drag yourself off the field.' But what happens is when you do that you're giving the other team the advantage. So if you are hurt just stay down until the officials stop play and then you can come off the field and we can put the next guy in. So he was injured. And if a guy's injured now we're just telling him to stay down and don't come off until the officials stop play.
"Yeah, he got hit in his privates real hard. Actually it was a leg whip. I don't think it was intentional but it was a block, an across-body block and the leg kicked up and got into him. He was trying to figure what to do there but it was better off that he not play that next snap."

It all sounds plausible. But it's easy to see why Floyd's fall down became an internet sensation.

Richt denies Georgia player faked injury (video) | Jeff Schultz | www.ajc.com

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two problems with Richt's explanation:

1.) Doesn't look like he got kicked in the privates, it looks like it was on his thigh pad.

2.) It looks like his teammate told him to lay down.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two problems with Richt's explanation:

1.) Doesn't look like he got kicked in the privates, it looks like it was on his thigh pad.

2.) It looks like his teammate told him to lay down.

Looks that way to me. Think through Richt's explanation ... team mate says, are you injured in your private parts? Fuck, yeah. Get down ... they'll come get you.

Don't see the problems you see. But, you can go ahead a draw your conclusion from the 5 second snippet with no context or explanation, instead of the coach and player's explanation which makes sense in context.

I'm going to believe my player and coach, and you won't. Nothing new there.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His privates are in his thigh pad? Weird

From that video, you really think you can see that he gets hit in the thigh pad not in the groin? Okay.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am curious, why should the O be in control? Is it really good for football to have one of the teams be able to control the personnel on the other team?

A couple other questions I asked before ...

Is it harder to be a D player than an O player? In other words, do D players get more tired than O players? I am not sure I know the answer. But if it is yes, then that seems to me that should be considered.

One of the problems I have is with the HUNH teams is that many of them really don't do HUNH ... they just run up to the LOS so that the D can't substitute, and then they look over to the sideline and 20 seconds later they are snapping the ball. Is that manipulating the rules?

Any way, I don't like the fake injuries. I am embarrassed that it was so obvious. But, I am not crazy about CFB being played in a way that it eliminates or reduces their ability for a team to have their players on the field.

It doesn't matter if it is harder to play on D or O, the point is the O gets smacked around and they have a strategy that works and then this shit happens. All I'm saying it isn't right and needs to be stopped before it gets outta control, like flopping in the NBA.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like the nuts to me.

DEEZ NUTZ!!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if it is harder to play on D or O, the point is the O gets smacked around and they have a strategy that works and then this shit happens. All I'm saying it isn't right and needs to be stopped before it gets outta control, like flopping in the NBA.

As happens so often here, we are discussing two different things. Regarding the greater discussion about whether HUNH offenses that limit the D's ability to get players on the field, whether Ds get worn out more than Os is relevant to the discussion in my opinion. As to whether faking injuries is a good or bad thing, I'm with you saying that it shouldn't happen.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUCK...ON....DEZ...NUTS

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record Cam,white mamba and Romeo don't think going back and forth on a message board is enough; between them they've given me 21 thumbs downs. Talk about children!!! I have not given them one. I guess they'll call and tell their mommy's to call mine next! :L

I have given 3 thumbs down in my entire stay here and it was to plorsters who were making fun of a kid with cancer ya fuckstick.

Quit making shit up b4 I come to bama and slap the shit outta ya you FUCKING LIAR!!!!