• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF vs. GB game notes

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is making me nervous. Everytime I turn around someone else is picking the 9ers to win. I heard a few people on talk radio pick em, Steven
A. Smith and Skip just picked em, and everyone I have talked to is leaning 9ers. I haven't heard hardly anybody pick GB. This reminds me of DAL @ NYG on Wednesday. Everyone was on NYG. I don't know what the spread is, but I pray that we are underdogs.

I know skip picked us to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl...(after all the loving he gave to Seattle during the summer lol)

I am surprised we're getting picked here vs GB... i don't like it but who are we to prove them wrong.... :drum:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been picked a lot to make it to the super bowl, but to lose it as well.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the new nike jerseys? I have the cheap 30 dollar reebok ones from china. 2 in red for willis and gore and 1 in white for Crabtree.

Thinking of getting a nike one next, just wondering how they feel?

I have the same Willis knockoff jersey and was wondering the same about the new Nike unis...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, except for the fact that CK was clocked in at 59 mph at last years combine, faster than both Mallett and Locker.

Where did you get that info from? Does the combine even record this type of info pertaining to arm strength?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dang Kaeper, you're trying to kill people out there with that gun of yours. Mallet posted a 58mph. I would think his would have been at 60. What's crazy about this is the fact that the league had been using radar guns at the combine and I didn't know it. So that's basically an unofficial tool that they are using - that is not recorded eleswhere in which we can track and compare to future of past prospects?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang Kaeper, you're trying to kill people out there with that gun of yours. Mallet posted a 58mph. I would think his would have been at 60. What's crazy about this is the fact that the league had been using radar guns at the combine and I didn't know it. So that's basically an unofficial tool that they are using - that is not recorded eleswhere in which we can track and compare to future of past prospects?

Honestly, last year was the first year that I noticed them doing this. Maybe Pozz knows if they keep an unofficial record of this?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHHHHH I cant take it anymore, i want it to be sunday already!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't make any sense.

You could run on us all day, rack up 4 touchdowns, and still not score enough to beat Green Bay's offense. You talk about "keeping Aaron Rodgers off the field." As if that makes a lot of sense? He's a touchdown machine... How long do you think he needs to be on the field?

So what I'm saying is.... Why not go after our unproven rookie cornerback for some big plays and get some touchdowns? But whatever. You're the expert here apparently.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers notes: Kaepernick has even stronger arm than Rodgers - 49ers - The Sacramento Bee

I like Kaepernick a lot, but I disagree with that comment here:

Mallet, Locker, Kaep in that order.

Some say that because they turn to the radar gun at the combine as evidence. At the combine that year:

Kaepernick: 59 MPH
Mallett: 58 MPH
Newton: 56 MPH

For me, having watched both of them quite a bit prior to the NFL and judging by what I've seen in games, Mallett has a stronger arm than Kaepernick by a bit. Not by alot, but a bit. Mallett might have the strongest arm I've seen since '98 if you take into account throwing to all levels of the field.