• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF vs. GB game notes

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That doesn't make any sense.

to me it did......after reading it twice. not totally agreeing with it, but got the gist.

anyways, if you meant there's no guarantee in getting touchdowns....i agree. whether you run it down the field, or pass it down the field, no guarantee when you enter the red zone.

so if we come out establishing the run first, i'm fine

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, or it could mean that, instead of using the JUGS machine, they have Kaepernick throwing them the ball.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Kaepernick is throwing to the offense, not the defense. Yes, there are times where Kaep's passes are intercepted or batted, and those might prepare them a bit, but not enough to do more than a JUGS machine. Did you read anything about Kaep throwing to Whitner? Otherwise, I assume Whitner rarely gets hit with those darts/lasers.

A fast strong throwing Kaepernick could help in reaction time to high velocity throws, but that's not relavent to a JUGS machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that would work nicely if you could guarantee touchdowns the way Aaron Rodgers can guarantee touchdowns...even against your rock solid defense. You might as well immediately send the message that GB can't think run all day. That changes their mentality right away and freaks Capers out. Just saying.

And the TROLL shows his true colors

Don't let me say I told you so, if I had mod powers I would ban every BUTT Packer fan that trolls this board....

while our current mods lack the balls to do so

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm, or it could mean that, instead of using the JUGS machine, they have Kaepernick throwing them the ball.

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Kaepernick is throwing to the offense, not the defense. Yes, there are times where Kaep's passes are intercepted or batted, and those might prepare them a bit, but not enough to do more than a JUGS machine. Did you read anything about Kaep throwing to Whitner? Otherwise, I assume Whitner rarely gets hit with those darts/lasers.

A fast strong throwing Kaepernick could help in reaction time to high velocity throws, but that's not relavent to a JUGS machine.

I think Clyde is saying that probably Kap is the JUGS machine. Like, he throws to the DB's in drills or on their own time. We know for sure that all the QB's were throwing for drills to the offense and defense during camp.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys.... first game of the season.... the season with real expectations that has "experts"(some) predicting us all the way to the Super Bowl....

more than 48 hrs to go..... SF vs GB....

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey guys.... first game of the season.... the season with real expectations that has "experts"(some) predicting us all the way to the Super Bowl....

more than 48 hrs to go..... SF vs GB....

CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto!!

To show you how excited I am, yesterday afternoon I ordered two official 49ers Jersey. The white/away Jerseys.

The first order was for # 99. And the second Jersey was # 15.

Relatively speaking, those aren't even my favorite 9er players on our squad. I ordered Aldon's Jersey because he's going to play a little longer (longetivity) in a 9ers uniform than Willis or Justin. Plus the #99 in itself is a good looking number, in comparison to #52 or #94. In addition, when I go to local bars or the mall to watch the games, I want to be the guy who introduces Aldon to the NewYorkers out here. Believe it or not, he's still relatively unknown to a lot of people (real fans of course are aware of Aldon), but I want to be that guy who taunts them when Aldon gets his sacks. I'm also planning on going to the Jets game and the Patriots games, so which is why is was pertinent of me to buy the away Jerseys first.

Furthermore, I ordered Crabtree's jersey ONLY because of the unwarranted hate that he receives from within his own camp/people that are considered 9ers fans. Crabtree is not even considered to be on my top 5 players on the team and barely cracking my top 10 list. Yet I got his Jersey. The # 15 itself is ok looking, I like the look of the # 11 better yet I got Crabtrees. I'm cheering for Crabtree in 2012 hard body!!

I plan on getting two more Jerseys (red color / home games). Willis, Gore, and Davis are my leading candidates for my next two orders.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenkins, James active this week?
9:53AM ET
A.J. Jenkins | 49ers

The San Francisco 49ers' selection of a WR in the first round this spring did not surprise many; this was a key area of need for the club looking ahead to 2012. Their specific selection -- A.J. Jenkins -- did raise some eyebrows at the time, as he was not thought to be on the same level as some of the others available; Jenkins has struggled at times picking up the NFL game. In Round 2, the club snagged Oregon RB LaMichael James, which came as a slight surprise, given that they already had Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter returning from 2011, and had signed Brandon Jacobs in free agency. James has had his moments in the preseason, but it's a logjam at RB.

But due to some injuries for San Francisco, both of their top two drafted rookies may be in the active lineup this week.

Matt Maiocco of CSN Bay Area opines that it's unlikely the Niners will rush Ted Ginn or Jacobs back from injuries, and that could open up some room for Jenkins and James on the 46-man gameday roster.

Jenkins appears to be more of a longshot, as he is not much of a contributor on special teams, and would be behind Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams at WR. James has done some work in the return game, and could contribute there even if he doesn't play one snap of offense.

- Tim Kavanagh​

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“That’s why they say if you have an A+ pass rush you can have ‘C’ or ‘B’ DBs back there and still make plays … It all starts up front.”

I recall many of us having topics/discussions on which is more pivotal or more important, a pass rush or an elite CB.....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have a tough time imagining James not being active this week with the injury to Jacobs.

He could get a few snaps running the ball and he could in a pinch be a returner as well. I think in general James is going to be active more than people think especially later on in the season.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I recall many of us having topics/discussions on which is more pivotal or more important, a pass rush or an elite CB.....

I remember those discussions and I always sided with the pass rush since it improves your entire secondary and increases the odds of a turnover.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto!!

To show you how excited I am, yesterday afternoon I ordered two official 49ers Jersey. The white/away Jerseys.

Relatively speaking, those aren't even my favorite 9er players on our squad. I ordered Aldon's Jersey because he's going to play a little longer (longetivity) in a 9ers uniform than Willis or Justin. Plus the #99 in itself is a good looking number, in comparison to #52 or #94. In addition, when I go to local bars or the mall to watch the games, I want to be the guy who introduces Aldon to the NewYorkers out here. Believe it or not, he's still relatively unknown to a lot of people (real fans of course are aware of Aldon), but I want to be that guy who taunts them when Aldon gets his sacks. I'm also planning on going to the Jets game and the Patriots games, so which is why is was pertinent of me to buy the away Jerseys first.

Furthermore, I ordered Crabtree's jersey ONLY because of the unwarranted hate that he receives from within his own camp/people that are considered 9ers fans. Crabtree is not even considered to be on my top 5 players on the team and barely cracking my top 10 list. Yet I got his Jersey. The # 15 itself is ok looking, I like the look of the # 11 better yet I got Crabtrees. I'm cheering for Crabtree in 2012 hard body!!

I plan on getting two more Jerseys (red color / home games). Willis, Gore, and Davis are my leading candidates for my next two orders.

Good Fucking sh*t... Aldon just nearly broke the rookie sack record on fewer attempts vs Miller i believe... Aldon will have his name recognized but maybe it's a good thing they haven't yet? the other Smith was wrecking OL towards the end of the season and playoffs(my mvp at that time).

I got me the new(current) away jersey of #52... but i also have a personalized one of the last design home one with #19(my #) and my last name on it... I definitely need to get me a current home one and maybe another away one. I'm thinking at least Vernon Davis for one and the other... hmm Aldon is looking good there's also Bowman i should consider... but Aldon may win out for me.

Got to give love and support for Crabtree... I'm not jumping off his wagon but I do have high expectations for him(in accordance to his opportunities; I.E making the clutch catches, breaking away, getting open, securing ball, scoring etc... the end of year yards/tds wouldn't be my deal breaker, it's how he impacts the game every game)

Guess what Bingo, like you my fellow east coast, tri state bud, I am definitely going out to the NYJ and NE games... fuck yea....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a tough time imagining James not being active this week with the injury to Jacobs.

He could get a few snaps running the ball and he could in a pinch be a returner as well. I think in general James is going to be active more than people think especially later on in the season.

May be looking at KW as the returner despite my disapproval for that.

I wouldn't want to rush James either, if he's still lobbying, i rather he go full force in week 2 rather than risk something that may cause LT damage... but i could be acting too cautious... I really want to see this RB cell do some big damage.

So i would imagine Jenkins not active and James active but limited obviously...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guess what Bingo, like you my fellow east coast, tri state bud, I am definitely going out to the NYJ and NE games... fuck yea....

Say word son!! Bet! I'm definitely gonna inbox you once me and my peoples have purchased our tickets. I'll send you my ticket area (seat/section/etc.).

Yo, I'm so excited about this year it's not even funny!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say word son!! Bet! I'm definitely gonna inbox you once me and my peoples have purchased our tickets. I'll send you my ticket area (seat/section/etc.).

Yo, I'm so excited about this year it's not even funny!

I'll do the same thing, havent bought them yet, but I'm looking at the upper levels(since i paid some good ones for the SF v Chi gm(yea i'm going to SF lol)) unless i can seriously score some from my Jets loving bosses lol....

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This shit is making me nervous. Everytime I turn around someone else is picking the 9ers to win. I heard a few people on talk radio pick em, Steven
A. Smith and Skip just picked em, and everyone I have talked to is leaning 9ers. I haven't heard hardly anybody pick GB. This reminds me of DAL @ NYG on Wednesday. Everyone was on NYG. I don't know what the spread is, but I pray that we are underdogs.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit is making me nervous. Everytime I turn around someone else is picking the 9ers to win. I heard a few people on talk radio pick em, Steven
A. Smith and Skip just picked em, and everyone I have talked to is leaning 9ers. I haven't heard hardly anybody pick GB. This reminds me of DAL @ NYG on Wednesday. Everyone was on NYG. I don't know what the spread is, but I pray that we are underdogs.

Yeah I'd rather hear people say that the 49ers have no chance or that the Packers will overwhelm them.

The line has been pretty steady at -5 Packers for the last couple weeks. It started at -7

Jtymer49er

Jtymer49er
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That Donte Whitner presser was awesome. I love him. I'm really glad we picked him up last year.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ditto!!

How are the new nike jerseys? I have the cheap 30 dollar reebok ones from china. 2 in red for willis and gore and 1 in white for Crabtree.

Thinking of getting a nike one next, just wondering how they feel?