• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SF vs. GB game notes

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Woohoo!!! I'm going to the game if I can find reasonable tickets! Should be a blast with a Notre Dame game on Saturday and a 9er game on Sunday. Makes up for a long off season. Planning on wearing Willis jersey - anyone know how well that goes at Lambeau? I know most places always have some assholes scattered about, but wondering if this place is worse than others.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm "old school" in the sense you establish the run first, opening up the pass. if you're really sucessful running, then you keep running. well.....actually lean on running, not just run.

but in reading these articles, it appears Green Bay isn't "stout" in the secondary? if so, makes perfect sense to just come out and attack it. this offense is now better 'established', so just try to get those mismatches.

Not that you guys can't run but if the 9ers don't come out and throw at our rookie cornerback, I'd say Harbaugh needs his head examined. I think Hayward is going to be good, but let's just say that the Davon House injury gave me significant confidence issues.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that you guys can't run but if the 9ers don't come out and throw at our rookie cornerback, I'd say Harbaugh needs his head examined. I think Hayward is going to be good, but let's just say that the Davon House injury gave me significant confidence issues.

While i wouldn't say we won't pass... I'm sure the passing game will present itself, but that'll be playing into GB's pass rush....

Run the ball hard and beat them on the ground... should wear them out at the end of the game...

We won't beat GB by accepting FGs... we need TDs....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i wouldn't say we won't pass... I'm sure the passing game will present itself, but that'll be playing into GB's pass rush....

Run the ball hard and beat them on the ground... should wear them out at the end of the game...

I'm not really positive that our run defense is any better, either, to be honest. So I think it's going to be a shootout, personally.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really positive that our run defense is any better, either, to be honest. So I think it's going to be a shootout, personally.

ATM, til proven otherwise, that sucks us niners...lol

I don't see GB LBs holding our TEs... Woodson at S is a key part in the passing game. Alex better know where he's at.

And Moss should be hero.... just saying.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, we'll need TD's in this game for sure.

we don't necessarily have to attack with long passes, but why not just go after their weakest spots? that is, unless these articles aren't exactly right about GB's secondary?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Niners should establish the run game early and be opportunistic on taking shots down the field. The Niners need to win the Time of Possession battle to keep the high powered Packers offense off of the field.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that so? Because running the ball, eating the clock, and keeping Aaron Rodgers on the sideline would be a ridiculous gameplan, right?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Niners should establish the run game early and be opportunistic on taking shots down the field. The Niners need to win the Time of Possession battle to keep the high powered Packers offense off of the field.

by far i'm with this thnking most games, ie old school.

but IF the "reports" of their weak secondary are correct, ok with just attacking it? i get the impression its pretty weak, not just weak? but if my impression is incorrect, then do go 'old school'.

so it woud be short and medium passes, with an opportunistic run game. move downfield, score TD's, and place the pressure on them. rather not fall 'far' behind trying to milk the clock, and then be forced to pass.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that so? Because running the ball, eating the clock, and keeping Aaron Rodgers on the sideline would be a ridiculous gameplan, right?

I was going to say that too, but not as nicely as you did.