• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SERIES THREAD: LA CLIPPERS VS OKC THUNDER

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:

If you are the Clippers, you can't blame the refs for blowing a big lead so late.

If you are OKC or an OKC fan, you have just lost the right to bitch about the refs for the rest of the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:

If you are the Clippers, you can't blame the refs for blowing a big lead so late.

If you are OKC or an OKC fan, you have just lost the right to bitch about the refs for the rest of the playoffs.

If you are a Spurs fan neither matters as they'll wipe the floor with either team.

Fuck the clippers though!

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things:

OKC fans haven't had the right to bitch about refs for about 3 years now. People will talk about the heat getting calls (which is a largely false notion, and statistically inaccurate) but no team gets more calls than OKC.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to the shitty calls in the final seconds, the refs were clearly favoring okc all game when you look at the numbers.

OKC attempted 16 more fts and were called for 7 less fouls. Both of those are quite a large differential.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible shot selection by Russ. Lucky that CP3 fouled him.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both teams in this series but it is shameful the way the refs have been calling this series. Doc finally got pissed and called them out on it. The league doesn't want the Clippers moving on any farther in the playoffs and the refs are making sure it doesn't happen. First off CP3 did not foul Westbrook on the 3 attempt. Hell replay showed he never even touched him. Secondly Westbrook just ran over CP3 on the "steal" and no call. What is up with that? Third Jackson fouled CP3 on his drive to the basket on the last play of the game. Clearly slapped his arm to knock the ball loose. It was like the refs swallowed their whistles when it came to the Clippers in the last 3 minutes. If they are going to do that at least they could do would be to inform the Clippers. If I was Doc I would have led my team off the floor after the ball was awarded to OKC when it was clearly off of them out of bound. Why have replay if you aren't going to use it? There was no way they could say that ball went off Barnes. Now Barnes fouled him for sure but you can't review that. I will be curious to see how they call the next game. Will they try to make it up to the Clippers only to have them lose in 7? Or will they continue to give the ticky tack calls to the obviously challenged OKC offensive team? Hell Durant wouldn't have had 10 points going into the 4th quarter if it wasn't for the refs awarding him "Michael Jordan" type foul calls. And Westbrook just runs over everyone on his way to the basket clearly out of control and gets the call. They know if they call a even game OKC is eliminated in 6.

Horrible shot selection by Russ. Lucky that CP3 fouled him.

[MEDIA=twitter]466622508054351872[/MEDIA]

Oops!! Looks like a foul to me.

When you have a 7 point lead with 50 seconds left, the game is won as long as you don't do anything stupid like commit 2 turnovers and foul a guy shooting a 3. Even with the refs blowing the call on the out of bounds play and the 2 turnovers, the Clips still win as long as CP3 doesn't foul Westbrook on that 3 attempt.

If CP3 doesn't foul him, it's likely that Westbrook is being criticized today for going "hero ball" again.

This just puts the series where it should be anyway. OKC had game 4 won and choked it away or they are up 3-1 going into last nights game. The Clippers had game 5 won and choked it away.

If they each win the game they choked away, it's still 3-2 OKC.

Last edited by a moderator:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other sport allows the refs to influence the outcome of games as much as the NBA. The home crowd calls are just horrible. It's like the refs get caught up in the excitement of the home crowd and are afraid to make a call against them. The refs took the Clippers big men out of the game. How many fouls did the Clippers 3 bigs have on them? I understand that contact is supposed to be called I just say call them even. What is a foul on one end should be a foul on the other end. If that isn't the case then something is very wrong.

Why isn't anyone mentioning the supposed "steal" by Westbrook that started all this nonsense? He mugs CP3 on the side of the court and its a play on. You get within 3 feet of Durant and they send him to the line. Something is rotten here and I think the league office wants the Clippers out of the playoffs so the Sterling thing will be out of the news.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...the fix is in! You better believe it!

The NBA wants no part of the Los Angeles TV market...not to mention all of the rhubarb swirling about the team's owner making for more compelling broadcasts.

Last night was just a little reciprocation for every time Joey Crawford bent the Thunder over the table.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other sport allows the refs to influence the outcome of games as much as the NBA. The home crowd calls are just horrible. It's like the refs get caught up in the excitement of the home crowd and are afraid to make a call against them. The refs took the Clippers big men out of the game. How many fouls did the Clippers 3 bigs have on them? I understand that contact is supposed to be called I just say call them even. What is a foul on one end should be a foul on the other end. If that isn't the case then something is very wrong.

Why isn't anyone mentioning the supposed "steal" by Westbrook that started all this nonsense? He mugs CP3 on the side of the court and its a play on. You get within 3 feet of Durant and they send him to the line. Something is rotten here and I think the league office wants the Clippers out of the playoffs so the Sterling thing will be out of the news.

I blame the Boston Celtics and their fans!! Anyone who thinks a ref is getting out of Boston alive if they make a call against the Celtics late in an important game has never seen a game played there!!:lol:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the Boston Celtics and their fans!! Anyone who thinks a ref is getting out of Boston alive if they make a call against the Celtics late in an important game has never seen a game played there!!:lol:

You are not kidding! Especially true during the 80s with the Bird-McHale-DJ etc teams.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying really hard to feel the fear striking my heart, but its just not happening. Everyone keeps saying Miami should fear facing one of these teams in the Finals, but last night was exhibit A of why they really shouldn't.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is on pace to shatter the record for Most NBA playoff games with 20+ FGA and FG% < 25:

Iverson: 6
Kobe: 4
Durant: 3
Vince Carter: 3

Durant narrowly missed accomplishing the feat for a 4th time last night when he made his last shot attempt of the game, pushing him to 27%.

Note: Kobe has 3x more playoff games under his belt than the other 3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not kidding! Especially true during the 80s with the Bird-McHale-DJ etc teams.

On the Lakers channel out here, they had a show with some of the old Showtime guys (Worthy, Cooper, B. Scott and Kareem) and they were talking about some of the stuff that used to happen to them in Boston.

Things like, the locker room windows open in the winter and sealed shut in the summer. Only 1 working shower, fire alarms mysteriously going off in their hotel in the middle of the night. It was great.

You could tell that they actually loved it and miss all of that stuff.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying really hard to feel the fear striking my heart, but its just not happening. Everyone keeps saying Miami should fear facing one of these teams in the Finals, but last night was exhibit A of why they really shouldn't.

I don't know about OKC or the Clips, I think that the Spurs are the team the Heat should fear. Imo, with their styles of play, OKC and the Clips are just a poor man's version of the Heat.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jackson was mugged and no call. Give it a rest.

You give it a rest. The Clip collapsed but the facts are at the end of the game when they Clips can put the game away the refs gave the Thunder that game with 2 bad calls---one was horrible and an easy call to make.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering why Doc is getting a pass. Where was the time out to calm his guys down? I don't remember seeing him call one.

Phil Jackson used to hold on to timeouts like he thought he got a $1 million dollar bonus for each one he didn't use and he would call timeout in those type situations just to remind his guys to stay calm and not do anything stupid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You give it a rest. The Clip collapsed but the facts are at the end of the game when they Clips can put the game away the refs gave the Thunder that game with 2 bad calls---one was horrible and an easy call to make.

The refs didn't give the Thunder anything. The Clippers collapsed, period. If everything else stays exactly the same, except CP3 doesn't foul Westbrook, the Clips win.

Also, the correct call was made, it was the explanation that was incorrect. You can clearly see Barnes hit the Thunder player on the wrist. It was either a foul and free throws for the Thunder or Thunder ball out of bounds.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this series is telling me is that both of these teams will get swept if they make the Finals. OKC in particular is getting way too many breaks throughout the playoffs.