• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sergio En Fuego!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drives from Rory are just plain awesome. Combined with the rest of his game it gives him a huge advantage. Also - should be a motivator for others since it was not long ago that a lot of folks were also writing off Rory.

Rory drove it great, and when he didn't he made great recovery shots (#1 was sic!) but overall it really wasn't that great of a round when you look at (Phil 62, Westwood 63, Schwartzel 64, Reed 65, etc.) Rory did what he needed to do...shoot something in the mid 60s and hope Sergio played tight...and that's exactly how it played out.

Sergio...you can't go 68, 61 (tied course record) ,67, then post 71 on Sunday on a soft course. If he shoots -2, at worst he's in a playoff.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad relative to par, but on a soft track with some many guys throwing darts (Phil 62?) at the greens...hard to give him a pass...yes, he's playing well this year, but I think Rory has replaced Tiger in his head.

The conditions were kind of ridiculous though. A short course with those conditions are just too easy for these guys and anything that's out of 10 feet away is pretty much a bad shot. He didn't play as well as he would have liked to but it was magnified by the soft conditions.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sergio is playing arguably the best golf of his career. Was never really a fan but I have been pulling for him as of late. He has had all of the up's and down's a golfer can have. A lot of them self inflicted.

But he has come full circle and you get this feeling that he found some sort of inner peace. Think about it, how huge would it be for him to get just 1 major under his belt.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sergio is playing arguably the best golf of his career. Was never really a fan but I have been pulling for him as of late. He has had all of the up's and down's a golfer can have. A lot of them self inflicted.

But he has come full circle and you get this feeling that he found some sort of inner peace. Think about it, how huge would it be for him to get just 1 major under his belt.

I typically don't root for players to win even I like them...just want to see them play well...the chips fall as they may...but because of his RC antics, I still don't care much for Sergio...(I've gotten over it with Monty however) so hard to look at him as a sympathetic figure...the guy choked (imo) away a WGC win yesterday and still cashed check for $900k.

On the major note...he's the new Phil...about the same age I think when Phil won his 1st...as long as Sergio is not paired with Rory...I like his chances this week.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Pretty good. I thought it was stand up of him to tell the marshall to get him her contact info if she didn't find it.

On another note - Rory is on another level than these guys. He "may" be in the beginning phases of having the intimidation factor that Tiger used to have. Pretty cool to watch.

Yes that was very kind of Sergio to do that. I do have more respect for him now after this. I still think he got her information even though she found the diamond.

Since dumping Caroline Rory has been lights out!