• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sergio En Fuego!!!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watching this? Dear lord.

Has about an uphill footer to shoot 9 under (course record). If made it will be 7 birdies in a row, and a 27 on the back 9. :omg:

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he makes it!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damnit...you ruined it...just kidding...watching the replay later...

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of replay... I won't say whats gone on so far today but it should be interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Most of rd 3 has been completed and coverage will be on tape delay.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 27 by Sergio makes me want to quit golf.

I cannot imagine 8 out of 9 birdies. That is so unreal.

I've made 6 before, and ended up shooting 31 with a bogey.....and that felt like a dream to me.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 27 by Sergio makes me want to quit golf.

I cannot imagine 8 out of 9 birdies. That is so unreal.

I've made 6 before, and ended up shooting 31 with a bogey.....and that felt like a dream to me.

Beats me. My best in a row is 4. Done it twice, and funny enough 2nd time was late last year (don't play as much anymore). Those 4 were - believe it or not - holes 1-4. Was with my wife and kids and were supposed to go swimming after 5 holes. Told wifey I had to finish which she understood. But I stumbled late and blew it with a 74.

Best in competition was birdie, birdie, eagle. Simply cannot imagine making birdie on 8/9 holes and 7 straight. Unreal!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beats me. My best in a row is 4. Done it twice, and funny enough 2nd time was late last year (don't play as much anymore). Those 4 were - believe it or not - holes 1-4. Was with my wife and kids and were supposed to go swimming after 5 holes. Told wifey I had to finish which she understood. But I stumbled late and blew it with a 74.

Best in competition was birdie, birdie, eagle. Simply cannot imagine making birdie on 8/9 holes and 7 straight. Unreal!

You have serious game yourself man...but these touring pros have this great ability to literally start over on each hole mentally whereas I think we get ahead of ourselves a lot easier.

Just yesterday on the back 9 I bogeyed 10, then went par, par, birdie, birdie, 11-14, #15 was a par 3 that had a good pin for my ball flight. Instead of just playing to the center of the green and if it turned over like it had been I would had another decent look at birdie, I tried adjusting my alignment a little more so I wouldn't shortside myself if I overcooked it...then midswing felt I was aim too far right, came out it and shanked it into the water...took triple, wiped out both birdies and then some that quickly...I did recover with a nice birdie on 17, but the damage was done...81 with a triple on each side.

WGC...yeah I got caught up on it...interesting pairing for Sergio today...I think he knows Rory can track him down, and he started missing left late in the round...I wounder if that carries over today.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have serious game yourself man...but these touring pros have this great ability to literally start over on each hole mentally whereas I think we get ahead of ourselves a lot easier.

Just yesterday on the back 9 I bogeyed 10, then went par, par, birdie, birdie, 11-14, #15 was a par 3 that had a good pin for my ball flight. Instead of just playing to the center of the green and if it turned over like it had been I would had another decent look at birdie, I tried adjusting my alignment a little more so I wouldn't shortside myself if I overcooked it...then midswing felt I was aim too far right, came out it and shanked it into the water...took triple, wiped out both birdies and then some that quickly...I did recover with a nice birdie on 17, but the damage was done...81 with a triple on each side.

WGC...yeah I got caught up on it...interesting pairing for Sergio today...I think he knows Rory can track him down, and he started missing left late in the round...I wounder if that carries over today.

Yep. I think they have 2 qualities that are beyond rare.

First, they have the ability in such they are not scared to go low. One of the best pieces of mental advise that I ever got was to learn to change your number. Everybody (whether they have admitted it to themselves or not) has a number in their head. If you sit back for a minute, close your eyes, and ask yourself honestly what you should shoot when you play a GOOD round of golf - a number will pop into your head. The worst thing you can do is lie to yourself about what that number is, because that is what you are competing against. Embrace it and learn to consistently beat it. What happens to most of us is when we see that we are beating that number, we get uncomfortable. We will find a way to come back to that number. But if you are honest and know what your stated battle is ahead of time, you can slowly start getting more comfy beating that number. That number then changes.

* The pros can feel comfortable when they are beating the hell outta their number, and it doesn't phase them. Impressive.

Second, they can come out of the zone - and still play good golf. Most of us have felt the zone at some point(s). However, getting into the zone is not the hard part. I get in the zone all the time on the course. Only problem is that zone will almost never last an entire 18 holes. The hardest thing in golf, imo, is once you come out of the zone (and you know it) re-focusing and playing good golf. In fact, most of my best rounds come without any zone - because I can just play steady golf the whole round. Nothing like saying I started off birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie; Had 6 birdies on the round; and still shot 2 over 74. :L

* The pros have the ability to get on a roll, come off it, and still finish with good solid golf. Amazing!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played in the Amateur in 2010 and started out birdie, birdie, birdie.

For some reason the third one caused me to collapse when I realized I was sitting in the lead. I doubled a hole and bogeyed another and ended up shooting 34 on the front, 38 on the back.

Next day shot 44, 39 and missed the cut :L

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I think they have 2 qualities that are beyond rare.

First, they have the ability in such they are not scared to go low. One of the best pieces of mental advise that I ever got was to learn to change your number. Everybody (whether they have admitted it to themselves or not) has a number in their head. If you sit back for a minute, close your eyes, and ask yourself honestly what you should shoot when you play a GOOD round of golf - a number will pop into your head. The worst thing you can do is lie to yourself about what that number is, because that is what you are competing against. Embrace it and learn to consistently beat it. What happens to most of us is when we see that we are beating that number, we get uncomfortable. We will find a way to come back to that number. But if you are honest and know what your stated battle is ahead of time, you can slowly start getting more comfy beating that number. That number then changes.

* The pros can feel comfortable when they are beating the hell outta their number, and it doesn't phase them. Impressive.

Second, they can come out of the zone - and still play good golf. Most of us have felt the zone at some point(s). However, getting into the zone is not the hard part. I get in the zone all the time on the course. Only problem is that zone will almost never last an entire 18 holes. The hardest thing in golf, imo, is once you come out of the zone (and you know it) re-focusing and playing good golf. In fact, most of my best rounds come without any zone - because I can just play steady golf the whole round. Nothing like saying I started off birdie, birdie, birdie, birdie; Had 6 birdies on the round; and still shot 2 over 74. :L

* The pros have the ability to get on a roll, come off it, and still finish with good solid golf. Amazing!

That 1st part is very key...we do have a number and yes, when we start beating that number we get scared...(for lack of a better word) realizing that we're out of our league so to speak.

My number is anything starting with an 8...81-85 = good round, you're so right with that point...numbers starting with 7 scare the hell out of me for some reason.. I have broken 80 a handful of times, (once in a tourney when I was trying to hold off a charging player thus had no clue of the score) so I know I can do it, but it's a big mental hurdle.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that Rory picks up 4 strokes on Sergio in the first 3 holes. Rory is up by one.

And on the 3rd hole, Sergio's drive hit a women and it knocked the diamond out of her ring.
If that was my wife, Sergio would have to go into the witness protection program.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was impressive but it won't make me dislike him any less.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys the PGA Tour has a new "These guys are good' advertisement with Sergio knocking the diamond off that ladies ring finger!

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys the PGA Tour has a new "These guys are good' advertisement with Sergio knocking the diamond off that ladies ring finger!

Lol. Pretty good. I thought it was stand up of him to tell the marshall to get him her contact info if she didn't find it.

On another note - Rory is on another level than these guys. He "may" be in the beginning phases of having the intimidation factor that Tiger used to have. Pretty cool to watch.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning a major is a big deal. But I always looked to the next tournament to see if the guy just played great at the major or is the guy really dialed in for a great run.

Rory answered that today.

And can't remember that last time I saw anyone be that comfortable and confident with the driver.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 was good enough on a soft golf course...I knew Sergio would fold...when he really needs the putts to fall, (such as 17) they don't. With so many rounds under 69 posted...71 was piss poor.

We're officially in the Rory era now.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66 was good enough on a soft golf course...I knew Sergio would fold...when he really needs the putts to fall, (such as 17) they don't. With so many rounds under 69 posted...71 was piss poor.

I don't think his round was that bad. His putter let him down and a Rory was just better for all 4 rounds. He's playing great golf right now and if he keeps it up the wins will start coming. It's hard to believe he's 34 given the fact that he's been around for so long.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his round was that bad. His putter let him down and a Rory was just better for all 4 rounds. He's playing great golf right now and if he keeps it up the wins will start coming. It's hard to believe he's 34 given the fact that he's been around for so long.

Not bad relative to par, but on a soft track with some many guys throwing darts (Phil 62?) at the greens...hard to give him a pass...yes, he's playing well this year, but I think Rory has replaced Tiger in his head.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The drives from Rory are just plain awesome. Combined with the rest of his game it gives him a huge advantage. Also - should be a motivator for others since it was not long ago that a lot of folks were also writing off Rory.