• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Serena shows the world her true colors

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big surprise. martina is another crybaby, always pulling the victim card.

martina was another hot head, shoving camera's in reporters faces.

That's the point. These players are all emotional including the best of them. Making Serena the one and only villain of berating officials is nonsensical and smacks of something more than what she did.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tirade? What's the difference between Federer calling an empire action bullshit when he knows the umpire is right or an umpire to fuck off. As I said there is double standards and these umpires who now say threatening to boycott Serena matches are behaving as if no one has berated referees before.

Roger Federer reveals real reason he got angry at umpire in Tomas Berdych win | Metro News

Roger Federer revealed his angry outburst at the umpire in the first set of his Australian Open quarter-final match with Tomas Berdych was a means of release as he looked to get himself fired up for a tough contest with the Czech. The 19-time Grand Slam champion found himself a break down early on and when Berdych was serving for the first set, he criticised the umpire over a line call. Hawkeye was unable to appear on the screen due to a technical glitch, and although Fergus Murphy confirmed that the ball had been called out by the line-calling system, Federer went over to his chair to criticise the umpire

Read more: Roger Federer reveals real reason he got angry at umpire in Tomas Berdych win | Metro News

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro
federer got angry over a technical glitch. so what? it hardly compares to serena's tirade.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steffi admitted she was beaten fair without giving any excuse. Please don't offer one for her.

steffi was a champion's champion, she didn't make excuses.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. These players are all emotional including the best of them. Making Serena the one and only villain of berating officials is nonsensical and smacks of something more than what she did.

nothing wrong with being emotional, but don't complain about getting penalized when breaking the rules, and call the umpire a sexist.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she? steffi, yes. she holds the record for weeks at #1, won not only a calendar grand slam, but also a golden slam, which we will never see happen again.

steffi was faster, and mentally tougher than serena. she'd get serena serve back, had a great serve of her own, and make serena hit too many balls, resulting in serena making errors. move serena, and she makes errors.

Sorry. I meant to say, Serena is the greatest female tennis player of all time. Ask both men and women players and a lot of tennis commentators including even Mary Carillo who hates Serena.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing wrong with being emotional, but don't complain about getting penalized when breaking the rules, and call the umpire a sexist.

They all complain but she is complaining about the unevenness of the application especially n events such as championship matches. The referees/umpires know they have discretion especially when it comes to coaching violation since sometimes it is not obvious and you may unfairly punish one and not another. This is where Carlos should have used commonsense. He didn't and now claiming he is a victim. What an idiot. He should go ahead and boycott Serena matches and see if they can ever work again. I dare them.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I meant to say, Serena is the greatest female tennis player of all time. Ask both men and women players and a lot of tennis commentators including even Mary Carillo who hates Serena.

i play tennis myself, i don't need to ask a bunch of american media lapdogs. steffi's record speaks for itself. the only stat they are close in is slams. steffi won 22 slams by the age of 30. serena's got 23 at 37. had steffi continued to play, she'd have 30.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They all complain but she is complaining about the unevenness of the application especially n events such as championship matches. The referees/umpires know they have discretion especially when it comes to coaching violation since sometimes it is not obvious and you may unfairly punish one and not another. This is where Carlos should have used commonsense. He didn't and now claiming he is a victim. What an idiot. He should go ahead and boycott Serena matches and see if they can ever work again. I dare them.

the itf is backing carlos as are the majority of tennis fans.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Serena. Got caught breaking the rules and threw a fit. Dumb bitch.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's how a champion handles getting a warning....

Carlos Ramos, Umpire Known for Rigidity, Lands in U.S. Open Firestorm

At the 2017 French Open, during a fourth-round match between Nadal and Roberto Batista Agut, Ramos penalized Nadal for two time violations for slow play, the second of which cost Nadal a point.

“There are umpires who sometimes put more pressure than others, and you have to accept this,” Nadal said after that match, which he won.

Nadal added: “I’m telling you this with some type of sadness, because I don’t want to have any problems. But this umpire is, I think, trying in a certain way to look for my faults, my errors. This is the impression I have.”

In the same interview, Nadal said of Ramos, “I respect him a lot.”
Most players on the receiving end of the stick would feel the Umpire is “trying” to find faults in them, especially if they have received “i’ll Look the other way, go ahead and pee on the court” treatment from others more slack umpires.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most players on the receiving end of the stick would feel the Umpire is “trying” to find faults in them, especially if they have received “i’ll Look the other way, go ahead and pee on the court” treatment from others more slack umpires.

the point is, regardless of his feeling, he played on, didn't have a tirade, act like a spoiled child, and personally attack the umpire. even stated he respected ramos.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I showed in an earlier thread, even Roger Federer got angry and cursed at umpires and does not generate the opprobrium that is shown against Serena. These umpires can again go fuck themselves.
“Opprobrium” and”guck” in the same paragraph don’t go well!! It’s like mixing Beethoven’s symphony with Rap.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tirade? What's the difference between Federer calling an empire action bullshit when he knows the umpire is right or an umpire to fuck off. As I said there is double standards and these umpires who now say threatening to boycott Serena matches are behaving as if no one has berated referees

Read more: Roger Federer reveals real reason he got angry at umpire in Tomas Berdych win | Metro News

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro
Fed shows he is an honest person by admitting. No one put a gun to his head for the confession. Definitely not something I am proud of as a fan!!

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Serena. Got caught breaking the rules and threw a fit. Dumb bitch.
She doesn’t need to be called bad names dude. The cartoonist already did enough.

Reactions: ill

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She is not the only one but she really takes it to a whole different level! Her mom or dad should have spanked her a long time because I am pretty sure she’s done it as a child. It’s harder for dads if it’s not a son.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She doesn’t need to be called bad names dude. The cartoonist already did enough.
The cartoon just showed the truth about how she handles herself.
I say "dumb bitch", because I think she was by calling the ump sexist. We are in the "metoo movement age", and people are losing their jobs for being sexist. It's a bad accusation to make.

desert heat

prominent member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,531.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cartoon just showed the truth about how she handles herself.
I say "dumb bitch", because I think she was by calling the ump sexist. We are in the "metoo movement age", and people are losing their jobs for being sexist. It's a bad accusation to make.

and then attacks the men's tour whiles she's at it, and at expense of another women, her opponent.

a perfect example of the women's rights movement. :rolleyes:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her acclaim as a great player is not in question here. Her boorish behavior is

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you and posted a match he officiated that he was challenged and failed to give a warning or penalty when the player clearly held his crouch and did a massage for everybody to see.

The rule is idiotically applied.

One example in your favour - in special circumstances (Davis Cup) vs numerous examples showing the opposite in more normal circumstances (major tournaments). Yup....

The rule was not idiotically applied - Serena actually threatened him - but inconsistently.