• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Second cup of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The left controls not only the universities in this country, but they also control Hollywood in this country, and the mainstream media, so conservatives in this country are under attack ... they attack people who are trying to get to the truth,” the head of the House Intelligence Committee added.

Geez, suck it up buttercup.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact about Orrin Hatch: his full name is Orenthal James Hatch.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, I thought he said Russia didn't meddle in our election. I'm confused.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"So, Mr Trump, are you confirming there was Russian meddling?"

"I, uhh, well there was... um... CROOKED HILARY, BENGHAZI! LOOK! A UNICORN!"
<runs off stage>

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So, Mr Trump, are you confirming there was Russian meddling?"

"I, uhh, well there was... um... CROOKED HILARY, BENGHAZI! LOOK! A UNICORN!"
<runs off stage>

You were doing fine until <runs off stage> - I can buy <waddles off stage>

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, to be fair, if you have "proof of wrongdoing" you don't really need an investigation there numbnuts. The whole point of an investigation is to provide proof, or lack thereof, of illegal acts.

What a maroon!! Or a moran, or sumthin.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were doing fine until <runs off stage> - I can buy <waddles off stage>

I was assuming there were children in another room to save. That's the only time he runs. Heroically.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast with those tariffs there Donnie boy...

Congressional Republicans are maneuvering to stop President Trump from levying harsh tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, arguing the move runs counter to the core of their economic agenda and could even cause political problems heading into the 2018 midterms.

“We are extremely worried about the consequences of a trade war and are urging the White House to not advance with this plan,” AshLee Strong, a spokeswoman for House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), said in a statement Monday. “The new tax reform law has boosted the economy and we certainly don’t want to jeopardize those gains.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...bf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.af95ea79bdb7

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“The new tax reform law has boosted the economy

citaton-needed.png

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congressional Republicans are maneuvering to stop President Trump from levying harsh tariffs on steel and aluminum imports, arguing the move runs counter to the core of their economic agenda and could even cause political problems heading into the 2018 midterms.

“We are extremely worried about the consequences of a trade war and are urging the White House to not advance with this plan,” AshLee Strong, a spokeswoman for House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), said in a statement Monday. “The new tax reform law has boosted the economy and we certainly don’t want to jeopardize those gains.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...bf9d112159c_story.html?utm_term=.af95ea79bdb7
Trump: “This is what I’m gonna do when I’m elected.”

Republicans: “He’s our candidate and we support him.”

Trump: “I’m doing those things now.”

Republicans: “This isn’t what we campaigned on!”

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bank used by President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer to wire $130,000 to a former adult-film actress flagged the transaction as suspicious and reported it to the Treasury Department, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The lawyer, Michael Cohen, wired the money to a lawyer for former actress Stephanie Clifford, known professionally as Stormy Daniels, from an account at First Republic Bank . The money was received on Oct. 27, 2016, 12 days before the presidential election, another person familiar with the matter said. It isn’t clear when First Republic reported it to the government as suspicious.

Mr. Cohen said he missed two deadlines earlier that month to make the $130,000 payment to Ms. Clifford because he couldn’t reach Mr. Trump in the hectic final days of the presidential campaign, the person said.

Ms. Clifford was owed the money in return for signing an agreement that bars her from discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump in 2006, people familiar with the matter said.

After Mr. Trump’s victory, Mr. Cohen complained to friends that he had yet to be reimbursed for the payment to Ms. Clifford, the people said.

First Republic and the Treasury Department declined to comment. Asked for comment, Mr. Cohen offered a two-word emailed statement: “Fake News.”

Trump lawyer complained he wasn't reimbursed for Stormy Daniels payment: report

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Noooooou!!!!

Punish Canada!!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noooooou!!!!

Punish Canada!!!

You know, all Trump needs to do is watch a couple of minutes of Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller's Day Off discussing the Smoot-Hawley tariff act to understand why so many people are saying imposing these tariffs is a bad idea.

Edit: I thanked your post above Eloco for including the "u" at the end of Nooooooooou

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.