• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Basketball Thread

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're looking for the football forum

I don't think you watch Basketball. We were awful today and still almost won. Missed layups and still almost won.

Even historically, we are the second winningest program in the conference, so I assume you likely don't watch basketball nor know it's history.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What odds would you give me picking the field against bama in sec tourney?

Hmm...I'm not sure.

If it started today, we'd be the #1 seed, meaning we'd be playing...

Quarters Miss St or Kentucky
Semis: Florida
Finals: Mizzou

I'd certainly like our chances against these if we are playing like we were earlier in the year and not recently. UF would certainly be the team that worries me the most as their best player was out when we played them earlier.

So again, I'm not sure, but we play really good defense and have a very deep team so I like our chances, but if we are healthy and playing coherent, then I think we are clear favorites to run the table.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you watch Basketball. We were awful today and still almost won. Missed layups and still almost won.

Even historically, we are the second winningest program in the conference, so I assume you likely don't watch basketball nor know it's history.
Dude, your team lost. I know my team's quality wins and you're talking the SEC down because your team sucked in the first half.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I watch significantly less college sports now as compared to when Mizzou was in the Big 8 or Big 12. I just can't get riled up for SEC competition except for Arkansas.

Reactions: Eco

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calipari lol, how bad of a coach do you have to be to take loaded 5 star classes to a 5-12 record

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth me told, we are the best team in the SEC, but if we were in the Big Ten or Big 12, we'd be 3-5th best. The SEC just isn't close to being as strong as it usually is.

Well we did just win the SEC-Big 12 challenge. Seems like almost every team is so bipolar though. The conference always seems to get by on pure athleticism rather than skill and I think that's part of it. Not going to be "on" every game.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, your team lost. I know my team's quality wins and you're talking the SEC down because your team sucked in the first half.
And deserved so. We played well, and you guys have a good team and didn't play your best, but good enough.

And SEC is still down this year. When you have a blue blood program in UK that is having a historically bad year, another preseason top team in UT that can't score, and are led by Mizzou and Bama, two good teams, it's just a down year for the conference.

I'm not sure what is wrong with that assessment. Even UF, which has been great for the past decade plus, hasn't be their usual self.

Calipari lol, how bad of a coach do you have to be to take loaded 5 star classes to a 5-12 record

Obsessed with Calipari are you? You come in here once a week to only mention him.

Hate to break it to you, but UNC, Duke, Kansas, and UK all suck this year compared to their past teams. It's just how it is this year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that I watch significantly less college sports now as compared to when Mizzou was in the Big 8 or Big 12. I just can't get riled up for SEC competition except for Arkansas.

Yours and A&M are the only two football stadiums I have never been to. I can imagine if you are a life long Mizzou fan, the SEC isn't really that exciting in terms of local rivals and history.

EDIT: and I meant that as in you don't have a history with most teams in the SEC, not saying that Mizzou has no history.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC Games Today
Alabama at South Carolina
Arkansas at Kentucky
Auburn at Vanderbilt

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the 5th game in a row we have come out cold as ice.

Already down 10 to South Carolina, yikes.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In typical Alabama fashion, we make a nice little comeback in the first half, and lead USC by 3 at HT.

RTR

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama up by 4 with 2:24 left, we better not screw this up.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another disappointing performance for Bama, but we won tonight.

Way too many turnovers, and bad decisions at the end of the game with Freshman shooting too fast and giving USC a chance to win.

We've also been poor on the boards since Bruner went down with his injury, so the sooner he is back, the better.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And deserved so. We played well, and you guys have a good team and didn't play your best, but good enough.

And SEC is still down this year. When you have a blue blood program in UK that is having a historically bad year, another preseason top team in UT that can't score, and are led by Mizzou and Bama, two good teams, it's just a down year for the conference.

I'm not sure what is wrong with that assessment. Even UF, which has been great for the past decade plus, hasn't be their usual self.

Obsessed with Calipari are you? You come in here once a week to only mention him.

Hate to break it to you, but UNC, Duke, Kansas, and UK all suck this year compared to their past teams. It's just how it is this year.
Lol don’t ever compare a 12-6 team to a 5-13 team when one team is loaded with 5 stars year after year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol don’t ever compare a 12-6 team to a 5-13 team when one team is loaded with 5 stars year after year.

I'm guessing you didn't the finish my statement, which is completely true btw...