• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Vs Gronk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Thomas was the closest thing to Gronk the Seahawks have faced and they did OK shutting him down. But, I have to say I think Gronk is playing his best ball now. He's going to give me nightmares for another 11 days.....at least.

Julius doesn't really block is the catch with such a comparison; and that's why he's going to not be resigned by Denver this offseason, IMO.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good matchup. Seattle D has enough talent to do a good enough job on Gronk. It's not like he gets 150 yards every game or anything. By the same token, he's certainly talented enough to put his stamp on the game's outcome.

I just hope we get to see an open field show-down between him and Kam.

Yeah that would be fun to see.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good matchup. Seattle D has enough talent to do a good enough job on Gronk. It's not like he gets 150 yards every game or anything. By the same token, he's certainly talented enough to put his stamp on the game's outcome.

I just hope we get to see an open field show-down between him and Kam.

For sure. Both teams have a great chance to excel there.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok ok ok, enough talking about balls lets start taking a look at the matchup...

Gronk presents a huge advantage for ne vs basically everyone. How will seattle match up

Last year Seattle eliminated Jimmy Graham and Vernon Davis from the 5 games they played. This year VD was a fraction of his old self so his performance didn't really need to be discussed. But also earlier this year Gates tore up seattle.

KJ Wright is a long linebacker that played man to man against Graham, Also Kam Chancellor is the SS who also was billed with stopping the te's.

this matchup could be a huge differentiator.

Personally, I'd throw out the San Diego game for two reasons: Early Season and it was 100+ on the field. Likewise I would also pay no heed to the first game between the Pats and Fish.

Northern teams playing in excessively hot or humid conditions early in the year tend to wear down. And both teams wore down because of the weather and not being in full game, mid-season shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very intriguing match up. You can't contain him one on one even with all the skilled defensive players Seattle has. He will eventually will get his catches. Gronk is used in so many ways. If BB feels like he's being taken away. He`ll just use his blocking skills. Then sneak him out for his catches. Denver has a lot of versatile offensive players that exploit downfield. That takes blocking/time. TB excels at the short game. Gets rid of the ball quicker and that's why I feel they have a better chance of exploiting Seattle's D. Too many pedestrian weapons at FB, RB, multiple TE packages, new formations, OL now catching the ball.
I'm not intending to make it sound like "exploiting" their D means they will run over them. Not at all just saying if you focus one place BB will change it up. Seattle will adjust to what NE does. So it just a matter of who adjusts better.
Looking forward to what hopefully is a great game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a very intriguing match up. You can't contain him one on one even with all the skilled defensive players Seattle has. He will eventually will get his catches. Gronk is used in so many ways. If BB feels like he's being taken away. He`ll just use his blocking skills. Then sneak him out for his catches. Denver has a lot of versatile offensive players that exploit downfield. That takes blocking/time. TB excels at the short game. Gets rid of the ball quicker and that's why I feel they have a better chance of exploiting Seattle's D. Too many pedestrian weapons at FB, RB, multiple TE packages, new formations, OL now catching the ball.
I'm not intending to make it sound like "exploiting" their D means they will run over them. Not at all just saying if you focus one place BB will change it up. Seattle will adjust to what NE does. So it just a matter of who adjusts better.
Looking forward to what hopefully is a great game.
Yes, but so much for Gronk.
The Pats will have their hands full trying to contain Marshawn. Both teams have some great advantages.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but so much for Gronk.
The Pats will have their hands full trying to contain Marshawn. Both teams have some great advantages.

No doubt. The beast is a beast. But I'm more worried about containing Russell. Once he scrambles bad things happen for the opposing team. Pats if they set the plan to contain Lynch they probably can do a fairly good job of it even with Mayo out. But they don`t have those fast LBs or DEs to track down Wilson. I think if they put a spy on him it will need to be Collins or one of the DBs. Hopefully that doesn`t leave them vunerable in other areas that Seattle can exploit?

Only time will tell. Too bad we have to waste a week with the Pro Bowl.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would Seattle fans reaction be if gronk makes Kam his bitch by shrugging off several of his tackles? It probably won't happen, but I think it would be awesome to see (in the game) and funny to see the reaction on this board. As I said, it probably would to happen, but if there is a tight end that can do it, it is Gronk.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would Seattle fans reaction be if gronk makes Kam his bitch by shrugging off several of his tackles? It probably won't happen, but I think it would be awesome to see (in the game) and funny to see the reaction on this board. As I said, it probably would to happen, but if there is a tight end that can do it, it is Gronk.

I think it would be more likely he throws him out of the club as opposed to shrugging off "several" tackles.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would finally to have to admit that the dude is mortal.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. The beast is a beast. But I'm more worried about containing Russell. Once he scrambles bad things happen for the opposing team. Pats if they set the plan to contain Lynch they probably can do a fairly good job of it even with Mayo out. But they don`t have those fast LBs or DEs to track down Wilson. I think if they put a spy on him it will need to be Collins or one of the DBs. Hopefully that doesn`t leave them vunerable in other areas that Seattle can exploit?

Grasshopper, you have studied your opponent well.
Therein lies the match.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk vs Kam is probably the thing I look forward to most in this game. I want to see a collision between the two.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That will be one of the keys of the game. I am pretty positive that new England's secondary won't have trouble covering Seattle's receivers. I honestly think they have the best secondary in the game after Seattle's. However, covering receivers becomes much more difficult when Wilson scrambles.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the TE and the SS are great players. The TE has the advantage in more than one way. Reaction is the SS's best plan and this SS is good at that.

My guess is they both win some and lose some.
That is advantage Seattle.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will be one of the keys of the game. I am pretty positive that new England's secondary won't have trouble covering Seattle's receivers. I honestly think they have the best secondary in the game after Seattle's. However, covering receivers becomes much more difficult when Wilson scrambles.

Shhhh....marshawn.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean it is time for me to go master?:plane:
Yes.

In 6 months we will send you the final score of SB49.

Peace be with you...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

In 6 months we will send you the final score of SB49.

Peace be with you...

Master just one question before I go. Will it take longer than 6 months if Seattle loses:suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, now that you mention that, I haven't thought of it.
We both expect Seattle to win, right?

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to shutting down Gronk is to get to Brady. Do that and it doesn't matter how good Gronk is.

This, the key is getting to Brady with 4 guys. If they struggle in that regard at all, I see Brady being Brady, not quite the surgeon he has been because Seattle's defense is on another level from everyone else's, but it will go along way to Pats getting a win. If the Pats can relatively keep Brady on his feet, they win this game.