• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks vs St. Louis Rams (Week 1)

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said that was a good play call. Please.

I didn't. I said it didn't matter that it was a bad play call. I said despite the calls they still win with Kam. I really can't be more clear and yet you keep putting words in my mouth not said. There are 2 to 3 of you on this site that are really bad with that. Stick to the points and what really was said. It makes the debates go so much smoother.

I won't bother showing you where you said this loss is 1000% on Kam. Extending that logic then it doesn't matter if he had Wilson take a knee because Kam already had lost it for us. That's nonsense.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like this game. I want to play, too.

KJ Wright makes one routine tackle on 3rd and 15 late in the fourth instead of playing with his crank, we win with all the exact same play calls without Kam. Period.

That doesn't absolve Kam. But we didn't need him to win today.
Clearly not the same thing. Kam decided not to play at all to put his team in a bad position to attempt to bully them into giving him money. All of the people you guys want to woulda/coulda/shoulda are doing what they were paid to do and did what they did. Whole different thing.

Kam plays Seattle is 1-0. With Bevell. With Wagner's blown play. With the shitty line. They still win.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't bother showing you where you said this loss is 1000% on Kam. Extending that logic then it doesn't matter if he had Wilson take a knee because Kam already had lost it for us. That's nonsense.
You again just make up shit and project things not said. :L

For some reason it's just not possible for some of you to put the Kam situation into perspective. He was a huge part of us winning the SB so nothing he does is wrong. Is that it? (See, I can do that stupid shit too).

I will reserve my opinion of Bevell's offense for when we aren't playing against one of the leagues best pass rushing defenses on the road with a patch work offensive line in it's first game. Even next week we should have a better time evaluating the offense.

We don't need to have any such time to know what Kam's impact was on this game.

Why is this so hard for you guys to comprehend?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with this sky is falling mentality every time we lose

Next week's game is going to be tough against GB but GB is no world beater and their defense is nowhere near the level of the Ram's.

They're without Jordy and Cobb is still playing gingerly with his shoulder. I'd love to get Kam back and have him bring the boom back in the middle of the field. Less missed tackles and a heighten sense of fear from slot receivers and rbs crossing through.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Like this game. I want to play, too.

KJ Wright makes one routine tackle on 3rd and 15 late in the fourth instead of playing with his crank, we win with all the exact same play calls without Kam. Period.

That doesn't absolve Kam. But we didn't need him to win today.

That is how I look at is as well. The Rams were 1/5 on third down conversions and all of a sudden is shot up to 4/8, 5/10, 6/11 and all of these happened LATE into the second half. 3rd down executions was a major issue and it's one of the MANY reasons why we lost the game. Not because of one player or a play-calling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with this sky is falling mentality every time we lose

Next week's game is going to be tough against GB but GB is no world beater and their defense is nowhere near the level of the Ram's.

They're without Jordy and Cobb is still playing gingerly with his shoulder. I'd love to get Kam back and have him bring the boom back in the middle of the field. Less missed tackles and a heighten sense of fear from slot receivers and rbs crossing through.
Yup, the sky is falling. Don't even need a lose for that tune to start getting played, all it takes is a bad play.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks blew that one. Lots of mistakes they need to clean up and play calling at the end was mind boggling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks blew that one. Lots of mistakes they need to clean up and play calling at the end was mind boggling.
Lots of mistakes and sloppy play. The blame goes around to all units and the coaching IMO, but it will improve .

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You again just make up shit and project things not said. :L

For some reason it's just not possible for some of you to put the Kam situation into perspective. He was a huge part of us winning the SB so nothing he does is wrong. Is that it? (See, I can do that stupid shit too).

I will reserve my opinion of Bevell's offense for when we aren't playing against one of the leagues best pass rushing defenses on the road with a patch work offensive line in it's first game. Even next week we should have a better time evaluating the offense.

We don't need to have any such time to know what Kam's impact was on this game.

Why is this so hard for you guys to comprehend?

They knew the Kam situation going into the game. That doesn't mean that everyone else has a free pass for their idiotic mistakes.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By all means they did blew it. By their normal standards, whenever they are in the positives in terms of turning the ball over, they win most of the time. They are at +2 today and allowed the game to get away from them because of poor executions and play-calling.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By all means they did blew it. By their normal standards, whenever they are in the positives in terms of turning the ball over, they win most of the time. They are at +2 today and allowed the game to get away from them because of poor executions and play-calling.

That on side kick threw me for a loop.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you guys think of the onside kick call? Honest question

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly not the same thing. Kam decided not to play at all to put his team in a bad position to attempt to bully them into giving him money. All of the people you guys want to woulda/coulda/shoulda are doing what they were paid to do and did what they did. Whole different thing.

Kam plays Seattle is 1-0. With Bevell. With Wagner's blown play. With the shitty line. They still win.

Absolutely the same thing. You are holding Kam accountable for not playing because his replacement couldn't execute to the same standard. And that's not unreasonable. But Wagner, Wright, Sherman, Thomas., just about everyone...they all failed to execute even the most routine plays that any player, starter or bench warmer, should make. Our All Pro and Pro Bowl LBs consist talk failed to make simple wrap tackles on a third string scrub RBs. They blew assignments. They ole tackled. If they pull their head out of their ass for a drive or two we win easily.

And that's just our LBs. So many players and coaches were sub standard today.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's one of the few plays that I'm still scratching my head over. I don't think the gamble was necessary in this situation. If you truly want the ball then tell your defense to go get it. It was a poor decision and a costly one. Clock management was also an issue today as well.

Overall, very sloppy game and they need to clean it up quickly.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely the same thing. You are holding Kam accountable for not playing because his replacement couldn't execute to the same standard. And that's not unreasonable. But Wagner, Wright, Sherman, Thomas., just about everyone...they all failed to execute even the most routine plays that any player, starter or bench warmer, should make. Our All Pro and Pro Bowl LBs consist talk failed to make simple wrap tackles on a third string scrub RBs. They blew assignments. They ole tackled. If they pull their head out of their ass for a drive or two we win easily.

And that's just our LBs. So many players and coaches were sub standard today.
It true the play from top to bottom was lacking today.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's life with Carroll. He gambles at some of the weirdest times. Sometimes it works. Other times...

As shaky as the defense was today, I don't understand the call.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit call. Even if the Hawks recovered it, I think the risk was too much at that point. Rather not give the opponents field positions when possible.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The onside kick. The lack of a TO with a minute left when the let 20+ seconds just grind off the clock in the first half and ended up running out of time. The TO just before the two minute warning. The overall defense letting the Rams score 34 (ok, well 27 was on the D with 7 coming from ST).

Lots of head scratching things from this staff today. Carroll included. This wasn't a team all on the same page coming out of the gate. They have a lot of things to fix all over the place.