• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks vs St. Louis Rams (Week 1)

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know I see you guys beating the Pack next week.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First i want to state that i was not surprised by the lose today, The preseason showed me this team was NOT ready. The Worst thing that could happen in the last Preseason game was for the first string offense to score on their second play. They looked down right awful all preseason and needed more reps.

Cable is not who the hawks were hoping for when they hired him and i believe it is a year over due on replacing him, he should have been gone last season before they even played a single game.

I know i was critical on the Hawks Preseason play but when you were the "WORST" offense in the preseason i think you have to be critical.

Point's i want to add, the Rams Oline out played the Hawks oline and they are BAD so whats that say about the Hawks Oline? The Hawks still can not stop a team on 3rd and long, I mean come on all ready it's been like 10 years now that 3rd and long is like a gimme against the Hawks.

Unless something drastic happens we could be in for a long ugly season people so get ready for it. To many of you where crying like bitches today, really you did not see this coming? what team have you been following this preseason???

Anyway the season is young and there is time but from here on out this lose just makes the rest of the way that much harder. Can not let GB basically take a 3 game lead by losing to them next Sunday Night.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the folks that are blaming Bevell, your contempt should be directed towards our new DC, Kris Richard. We gave up 34 points including a ST TD.
If we hold STL to their average 14 points or so per game against us, it is a blowout.
Most of you focus on the one play, which was the most important at that time in the game, but DB made enough calls to win a game against a tough team on the road.
The D gave this one up.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. The D wasn't great today.

I directly blame Kam for the last TD. If he really loves the team as much as people say that he does then he should have been playing today instead of leaving a 2nd year practice squad guy to get burned in coverage like that.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this has a lot to do with the Rams great D-Line but good god this offense just does not look any better. Tom Cable and Darrell Bevell are just avg coaches. Russ getting sacked 6x (again much credit to the rams DL) and this passing game even with graham looks mediocre. The rams were all over graham the hawks had trouble getting him the ball. twice we were inside the rams redzone and came away with only 2 field goals we didnt execute when we had the chance. If it wasnt for marshawns ability to drag defenders we would have nothing on the ground yesterday.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the folks that are blaming Bevell, your contempt should be directed towards our new DC, Kris Richard. We gave up 34 points including a ST TD.
If we hold STL to their average 14 points or so per game against us, it is a blowout.
Most of you focus on the one play, which was the most important at that time in the game, but DB made enough calls to win a game against a tough team on the road.
The D gave this one up.

The D spotted the offense 7 points on that fumble recovery TD. They also got a turn over and gave the offense the ball I believe on the rams 30 and only came away with a field goal. Russ throws an INT which gave the rams the ball at the 30-40 and held them to a FG. They held the rams to a FG when they got the ball at the 50 from the botched onside kick then the offense goes and doesnt convert the 4th down. This is Richards first game as a D coordinator, bevell and cable have been working on this offense for years whats their excuse?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another tough one in STL. Disappointed with the defensive effort. Sometimes they looked like themselves, but too many times there were lapses and breakdowns. I don't care who was playing SS -- shouldnt give up 27 points to a Nick Foles offense featuring a cast of no-names.

The O wasn't great, but it was good enough for sure and you certainly shouldn't have to score 35 to beat someone.

Ah well, on to GB.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another tough one in STL. Disappointed with the defensive effort. Sometimes they looked like themselves, but too many times there were lapses and breakdowns. I don't care who was playing SS -- shouldnt give up 27 points to a Nick Foles offense featuring a cast of no-names.

The O wasn't great, but it was good enough for sure and you certainly shouldn't have to score 35 to beat someone.

Ah well, on to GB.

Seattle's defense allowed voids and gaps in the intermediate areas, which are the areas Chancellor generally patrols.

Perhaps we all should. And one play late in the game in particular. If "Nick Fole's offense featuring a cast of no-names" can put up as many points as they did, how do you think GB will do? -- This isn't the same defense without Chancellor.

Seattle sorely missed Chancellor in Week 1 loss

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's defense allowed voids and gaps in the intermediate areas, which are the areas Chancellor generally patrols.

Perhaps we all should. And one play late in the game in particular. If "Nick Fole's offense featuring a cast of no-names" can put up as many points as they did, how do you think GB will do? -- This isn't the same defense without Chancellor.

Seattle sorely missed Chancellor in Week 1 loss
Each week is different. We had some lapses early last year with Kam on the field, don't forget. Like week 2 @ SD. Rivers was hitting a lot of the same stuff against us then as Foles did yesterday. Dumps to the backs and using the TE to get us underneath seems to be the way when our D gives up ground.

It's also quite possible that we just match up better against certain teams. I guess we'll see.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bevell is worse than average, he is THE worst. stop with the bubble screens to slow WRs, its just ridiculous. Just cut that play out entirely, its highschool football. it does not belong in the NFL.

not enough targets for graham, he catches everything and is head and shoulders taller than all the defenders. JUST THROW HIM THE BALL.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hit 8 pass plays of 20+ yards. Lots of them were to wide open receivers too. That's where this game was lost. I trust Pete will get that fixed, but not necessarily in a week, which is a very bad sign for next Sunday night.

The Rams were terrible on 3rd down until the game tying TD drive. So many 3rd and longs converted, this was like Holmgren-era Seahawks all over again.

Agreed with whoever said their OL outplayed ours. Wilson didn't really take any shots downfield, which is his strength. The WR screen just don't work well. Russ isn't accurate on them, and the blocking isn't very good.

Team needs to use Jimmy Graham better. Took 3 quarters to realize he doesn't have to be open to be open.

I don't know what the point of getting cute on the kick was. Rams kick returns didn't do anything all day, why get cute there. Fisher gets in Pete's head and frankly, he need to be better than that.

I think quite a bit of the defense's issues will be fixed. The secondary is Pete's thing so I'm less concerned about those breakdowns. Presumably the tackling will get better too, and things like screen recognition. The DLine was good, but they're supposed to be great. The offense needs to be approaching competent.

Ugh, amazing how this team can be worldbeaters everywhere except frigging St. Louis.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each week is different. We had some lapses early last year with Kam on the field, don't forget. Like week 2 @ SD. Rivers was hitting a lot of the same stuff against us then as Foles did yesterday. Dumps to the backs and using the TE to get us underneath seems to be the way when our D gives up ground.

It's also quite possible that we just match up better against certain teams. I guess we'll see.

I agree that each week is different based on match-ups, start time, and the opponent. This team has been generally well known to start poorly out of the gate and particularly in early 10AM starts. They usually play well during prime time and I'm hoping this will be the case.

However, the secondary featured two new members and Sherman/Thomas were limited in pre-season. Something like this takes more than one game to fix. The most disappointing factor in giving up 27 points yesterday was the fact that our LB's were non-existent.

Back to Kam will quick, he is usually the tone-setters for this defense due to his leadership. Without him, that's where he's missed the most.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hit 8 pass plays of 20+ yards. Lots of them were to wide open receivers too. That's where this game was lost. I trust Pete will get that fixed, but not necessarily in a week, which is a very bad sign for next Sunday night.

The Rams were terrible on 3rd down until the game tying TD drive. So many 3rd and longs converted, this was like Holmgren-era Seahawks all over again.

Agreed with whoever said their OL outplayed ours. Wilson didn't really take any shots downfield, which is his strength. The WR screen just don't work well. Russ isn't accurate on them, and the blocking isn't very good.

Team needs to use Jimmy Graham better. Took 3 quarters to realize he doesn't have to be open to be open.

I don't know what the point of getting cute on the kick was. Rams kick returns didn't do anything all day, why get cute there. Fisher gets in Pete's head and frankly, he need to be better than that.

I think quite a bit of the defense's issues will be fixed. The secondary is Pete's thing so I'm less concerned about those breakdowns. Presumably the tackling will get better too, and things like screen recognition. The DLine was good, but they're supposed to be great. The offense needs to be approaching competent.

Ugh, amazing how this team can be worldbeaters everywhere except frigging St. Louis.

Yup. Totally agree, as I stated during the game yesterday, the Rams were 1/5 on third down conversions until late in the game and they shot up to 4/8, 5/9, and 6/11. The defense collapsed on third downs late in the game and didn't play with the intensity they're used to. Disappointing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense I'd sure as heck like to see us work on a screen game. The Rams sure killed us with plays designed to take advantage of our pursuing D, and playing games against the Rams and the Cards, we really need to have that stuff in our offensive arsenal.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On offense I'd sure as heck like to see us work on a screen game. The Rams sure killed us with plays designed to take advantage of our pursuing D, and playing games against the Rams and the Cards, we really need to have that stuff in our offensive arsenal.

If we're going to do the screen then it has to be to Jimmy Graham. He was poorly utilized the first half of the game yesterday and it was a bit infuriating. Our current WR's, especially Kearse is not capable of doing that right now and we keep going to him for it. :L