• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks vs St. Louis Rams (Week 1)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my first impression of the call. He did not trust the defense to prevent the Rams from going 80 and scoring 6. There is no other reason to do an onside with the new OT rules unless you thought the defense would allow a TD

Pete is a gambler and he also has a history with Fisher with the trickery and mind games.

Fisher has gotten the best of Pete multiple times and Pete's ego won't allow him to let it go. He has to understand Fisher HAS to come up with all the trick plays and mind games because his team is clearly inferior. Pete has the superior team so trust your players and the talent on your team to win it.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't help that it was a bad kick by Hauschka as well, Rams were playing 15 yards off the line

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Hawks recover and kick a FG, the Rams still get a possessions, no?

No. Rams won the toss so they get the ball once the team kick-off. However, if the Hawks recover the on-side and score a FG, they win.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all I was saying is there are plenty of problems, but even with them the game would have been a W with Kam there. I never said or implied there weren't things that need to be fixed, In fact I have directly said it more than once.

Kam changes the dynamic in so many ways. It's not just play to play his difference vs Bailey. It's the impact on Williams and Earl in having to pay more attention to what Bailey is doing instead of just KNOWING what Kam will be doing. It's about his impact on the sidelines. Didn't someone post a link saying he's almost like a coach out there so why not pay him more? We KNOW Bailey wasn't outstanding. We also know Earl wasn't 100% and seemed out of position at least a few times. Sure, we can only guess what would be different with Kam in there, but IMO I'm (READ THAT CLEARLY) sure we win that game with him not being a selfish asshole.

It really doesn't matter to me if others have a different opinion. Go right ahead. I see it that way and I'm absolutely positive of it.

We will learn more about the offense in the coming weeks. Let's see what Cable does with that line. We will see how much more Graham is involved when Wilson isn't literally running for his life 1/3 of the game. We will see how much more impact the running game will have on that play action phase of the game when we see some defenses not as good at limiting run damage.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which one? There were half a dozen or more you could be referring to.

If it's the last play then maybe this will get some closure to those still hanging over the SB play. Let it be known now that even with 1 yard or less, nothing is guaranteed. A bit ironic tbh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody hear about Clark? Looking at the box score, he's not listed.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig......so many excuses for your overrated team GB is going to destroy you clowns!

GB barely got past the Bears dude.

Rams finally got a QB that made some good throws under pressure and our Defense is gonna be good.

Good game to the seahawks. It's always a good one

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB doesn't scare me near as much, because GB's D isn't on that level.

Rogers will get his, but Seattle's O should have a much better time than they did in Stl.

True... Rams always do play us tough and there D is pretty stout especially upfront... I'm just not used to seeing our secondary get torched so much.. It was frustrating to watch ...

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Rams won the toss so they get the ball once the team kick-off. However, if the Hawks recover the on-side and score a FG, they win.

Makes sense. I was just wondering what the ruling would be on those rare insides kicks where the receiving team doesn't even touch the ball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig......so many excuses for your overrated team GB is going to destroy you clowns!

I know man it's over right, after game 1 of the season... Seattle never get's destroyed even when they lose.. That's the sign of a good team... But right now were not at 100 percent so PIZZ off...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... Rams always do play us tough and there D is pretty stout especially upfront... I'm just not used to seeing our secondary get torched so much.. It was frustrating to watch ...

Agreed! That and the play calling frustrated the hell out of me today.