• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seattle Seahawks @ New England Patriots

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn nice having BamBam back. This defense was really on it tonight except for a couple plays ( 3rd and longs on this team is painful, always have been, this is nothing new)

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chancellor prosise and baldwin were the play makers today, dissapointed jimmy didnt get involved more

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a game! Before the season started, I wrote this game off to a loss. However, with the loss to the Saints, this win balances out things.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Things are looking bright for the Seahawks. RW is getting close to being 100%, Rawls and Bennett will be back soon. Running game showing signs of life. 2 Game lead and playing better and better. Got to love it!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I liked about tonight's game:

Wilson looks like Wilson again. He might not be 100% quite yet, but he looked pretty free and easy when he had to scramble and on bootlegs.

Prosise looks like he's gonna be a good all-purpose back for us. The only thing he didn't do well tonight was pass protect, but after weeks of almost nothing on the ground with Michael, it was good to see the Hawks have a running game in this one.

We won the TOP battle for the first time in I don't know how long and I think that goes hand-in-hand with getting the running game going again.

We won the turnover battle against a team that typically doesn't turn the ball over.

We won a road game on the east coast less than a week after playing another night game at home and it came against a team that almost nobody had us even competing with, much less beating.

What wasn't so great about tonight's game/What they still need to work on:

Too many third down conversions for New England, continuing a trend that we've been seeing for a few weeks now. I know that Edelman and Gronkowski aren't the easiest guys to deal with defensively, but a 60% conversion rate is still too high.

Covering tight ends is still an issue. New England's tight ends accounted for about 160 yards of offense. They held Gronk down for the most part, but they forgot about Bennett.

Gotta do a better job of scoring touchdowns when we get into the red zone. We got there a bunch and scored three touchdowns, but came away with just a field goal 4 times. Three points is better than no points, obviously, but seven points would be better.

Good win and we'll see if the good trends will continue and whether the bad trends can be stopped next week against Philly.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chancellor prosise and baldwin were the play makers today, dissapointed jimmy didnt get involved more

NE is notorious for taking away the best offensive player. They made it a big point of emphasis to crowd Graham tonight.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a treat to see Brady get sacked.

Yeah it really is.. You can see he's slowed down with his footwork as he's aged, but the guy is still an effin great football player... He knows how to read the pocket and step up nicely, he also get's ride of the ball so quickly when he reads the pressure, even when he knows he's not trying to complete a pass, just sticks it in spots where it's a legal throw away.. Vs Denver in the AFC title game I've never seen a QB do that so effectively...

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Offense is definitely back on track now. Did not expect this kind of a performance, but Prosise and a healthier Russ really made a difference. I thought settling for 3 so many times in the red zone was going to give the game to NE, but the D held strong when they needed to. Awesome game.

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game. Things are looking bright for the Seahawks. RW is getting close to being 100%, Rawls and Bennett will be back soon. Running game showing signs of life. 2 Game lead and playing better and better. Got to love it!
And, looking at the rest of the season schedule, coupled with what you and many others have said, it looks fairly good for the team all of a sudden.

What a difference a week makes.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIRE DARREL BEVELL!!!!

sorry, couldn't resist.

<ducks>

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another 4th quarter comeback win for the NFL's Comeback kid Russell Wilson.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense plays with a championship mentality. They defend EVERY blade of grass. It doesn't matter how dire the situation looks. They always stand their ground and fight until the end.

We saw it on display in the Arizona game. We saw it last week with the goal line stand to beat the Bills.

And tonight was one of the most impressive goal line stands I've ever seen. Consider these three factors

1) The Patriots had it on the 1 yard line with 4 tries to get it in
2) The Patriots have the biggest back (Blount) in football
3) Tom Brady is the most successful QB at doing sneaks (90 % success rate on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1)

This was an absolute team effort. If any player on that line losings leverage or their one on one match up, the Patriots score the TD. If Kam is a half second slower coming off that edge on 2nd down, Blount leaps over that pile and scores the TD.

I love what I'm seeing from the offense but I am even more impressed with the defense's effort and their will to win. We're doing all of this without Michael Bennett, who is arguably the best pass rusher in the league not named Von Miller.

I felt like Kam returning brought back that level of intimidation that the defense was lacking. We swarmed to the ball and laid the big hit anytime they ran or threw in the middle of the field. We did a better job of group tackling and going for the strip without allowing the receiver or runner to break free.

Kam's contribution was more than just intimidation though. His football instincts and ability to break off blocks was one of the main reasons why we held the Pats under 100 yds rushing. Mccray was solid out there but Kam diagnosed run plays and hit those holes limiting 5-7 yard runs to only 3 yards or 5 yard runs to no gain.

I can't wait to get Michael Bennett back. We finally look like a complete team that can compete for the Superbowl.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 game I decide to work through because it looks like an obvious loss... :L

I did however, somehow keep the results unspoiled til I was able to come home and watch it happen.

Some thoughts:

- Overall a great f***ing game. It was like a good heavyweight fight with the strengths of each team going back and forth. Just evenly matched.

- The O line was tremendous last night. They pushed on runs and they stood up on passes. It's almost like they knew what they were doing!

- Russell Wilson dropped a couple dimes. He has become such a great pocket passer that it's almost like he was a SportsHoopla member, reading early reviews on himself and thinking "I'll just become great at that too and Rainbow all their gay posts later."

- Having Kam Chancellor back was huge. I wasn't of this mindset too long ago, but Kelsey McCray is not a viable replacement; Kam needs to get paid and he needs to be a Seahawk next year if we want the secondary (and run D) to be the same.

- While this non conference game only helped pad our overall record, it has to have been a huge boost to morale to go to Foxborough, on a short week, without arguably your best defensive player, and win decisively. Time to light a fire under this team for the 2nd half!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudo's to Procise and props to Pete and Bevell for incorporating him effectively into the offense. I'm sure Procise surprised Bellichek with his performance.
Massive win.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our boys got a great win last night, never easy for teams going into Foxboro with that crazy atmosphere and getting a W. Today is a day to celebrate a big victory and tomorrow turn the page and get ready for Philly.

Nice to see Kam back in the mix. D gave up some 3rd and longs so hopefully that'll be corrected but they did get some nice pressure on Brady last night and dug their heels in for the victory. Prosise looked pretty good and I think with Rawls back soon that running game will be on point. Offense putting up some much needed points and looking good. Would like to see one more TD in the redzone but other then that a solid victory.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, great win last night against the consensus league's top team with them at home, coming off a bye, and with us traveling long distance after a short week. Brady with less yards than RW, 0 TDs, and an INT after not throwing one yet this season. The D gave up a few plays, as expected when you face TB, but we took every shot they could give and we gave right back. Championship performance.

I was ok with the 2 pt try. I was thinking about that even before we scored. You generally play a little more aggressively in those situations on the road and more conservatively at home. Based on the amount of time remaining, a 9 point lead there and it's extremely difficulty for NE to win. And with a 7 point lead, you're still forcing them to score a TD...which they didn't do. On the road I'm doing the same thing, especially with our D.

RW was fantastic. Now 5 TDs passing, 1 rushing, and well over 600 yds the last 2 games with 0 INT.

Prosise was a real weapon and hopefully is here to stay in the offense. Speedy, physical runner, great hands. Could improve his pass pro but he was huge. What a find.

6-2-1. #2 seed in the conf right now and set up for a good push to the playoffs with Kam back now, RW getting better, Rawls & MB coming back soon, Luke W too. Gonna be tough to beat.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And not sure if it's been mentioned, but Alex Collins....yikes. Opportunities are already at a premium for you, and the 1 touch you get you fumble? I was excited about drafting him but right now hard seeing a long game for him here with the apparent emergence of Prosise and still very young Rawls.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loving every minute of today because of last night game. WERE BACK BAYBAY!!!!!!

Off to Philly

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, how does one post a photo or gif here.